Yellow | Canadien road driver dock workers negotiate new contract with YRC

Our contract is pretty good, as for the vote going the way it did, maybe next election Zuckerman might want to have the decency and consideration to include a Canadian or three on his ballot. We're not asking for much, just a little say into our unique situatuions inside our little igloos up here in the great white north.
I don't understand ,why he didn't,Dumb move when you have over 120,000 members in Canada.Francois Laportes members voted for Hoffa overwhelmingly..

Fred Z Who ???
People out West don't have a clue about who or what this guy is about. Unless a person is involved a wee bit with his local ya pretty much vote for the slate your local pushes.
Or just do what most do throw it in the trash and go about life. Then and only then bitch when they get screwed out of something.
You know the same ones that can not attend a local meeting but can leave work early on Friday to go to the bar....

Fred Z Who ???
People out West don't have a clue about who or what this guy is about. Unless a person is involved a wee bit with his local ya pretty much vote for the slate your local pushes.
Or just do what most do throw it in the trash and go about life. Then and only then bitch when they get screwed out of something.
You know the same ones that can not attend a local meeting but can leave work early on Friday to go to the bar....
I agree brother ,but people still complain,and they don't vote, Sad

Canada has a big leg up on us with socialized healthcare. That is a bunch of money YRCW and every other employer doesn't have to deal with. So do the math from there. YRCW is still shafting everybody.
Actually Canada's Healthcare is a single payer not like Obama care.so Canadien members aren't being sold on mous because of YRCs benefits.

Word is that Canadien workers ratified contract negotiations. Got the week vacation that they gave up back plus 50 cents raise each year of contract. Also pension contributions and health and welfare. Things that make you go hum!!!! Like reopen MOU.
We get 15% back April 2019 unless we vote for another 5yrs
Our contract is pretty good, as for the vote going the way it did, maybe next election Zuckerman might want to have the decency and consideration to include a Canadian or three on his ballot. We're not asking for much, just a little say into our unique situatuions inside our little igloos up here in the great white north.

Did you get back the 15% we lost or vacation?

Can you show proof doubleclutcher?
Absolutely. I was on the negotiating committee. That was our last contract after you guys took the hit with the concessions we negotiated a new contract at the reduced rates and loss of a weeks vacation. We fought for options to take the roll back in wages or pension or a combination of the two. The concessions were returned over four years with the weeks holidays returned the day before the contract expired. We then negotiated a new contract with 50 cent increases each year with increases in H & W to cover yearly maintenance and a small increase yearly in pension.

Absolutely. I was on the negotiating committee. That was our last contract after you guys took the hit with the concessions we negotiated a new contract at the reduced rates and loss of a weeks vacation. We fought for options to take the roll back in wages or pension or a combination of the two. The concessions were returned over four years with the weeks holidays returned the day before the contract expired. We then negotiated a new contract with 50 cent increases each year with increases in H & W to cover yearly maintenance and a small increase yearly in pension.
When in battle,lead follow or get the hell out of the way.George S Patton.

Hmm. Anyone tell me if I write. Canada votes in a new good contract. Aloud by Hoffa's people. Then the Canadians when the election for them,

HMMMMMM.

Actually Canada's Healthcare is a single payer not like Obama care.so Canadien members aren't being sold on mous because of YRCs benefits.
Regardless how a Canadian Citizen's health care is paid, why do so many Canucks come to the US for medical procedures or care? Other than cheaper drugs, I never hear of an American going to Canada for better health care or a procedure. Not to say it doesn't happen, but it must be very few going up North for better care or care not available in the US. Just wundering. von.

Regardless how a Canadian Citizen's health care is paid, why do so many Canucks come to the US for medical procedures or care? Other than cheaper drugs, I never hear of an American going to Canada for better health care or a procedure. Not to say it doesn't happen, but it must be very few going up North for better care or care not available in the US. Just wundering. von.
As I said over in a thread on the XPO board, the Canadian single payer system is terrible. Canadians come stateside for procedures because up here we are forced to wait in line...even if it'll kill you. And the government decides what's covered vs what isn't, with no alternative. And let me tell you, they delist more from what's covered every year, it seems, despite the healthcare tax going up.

I don't know what the solution is, but how we do it ISN'T the way.

As I said over in a thread on the XPO board, the Canadian single payer system is terrible. Canadians come stateside for procedures because up here we are forced to wait in line...even if it'll kill you. And the government decides what's covered vs what isn't, with no alternative. And let me tell you, they delist more from what's covered every year, it seems, despite the healthcare tax going up.

I don't know what the solution is, but how we do it ISN'T the way.

That is sad. The few times I have been in your country has always been a good experience. Especially when I flew in to Whitehorse, YT to recover a van & camper & drive it 3500 miles back to Indianapolis, IN. My first 700 miles out of Whitehorse was a gravel road ( the AL Can ). Now I hear it is paved all the way to the Alaskan Border. Took 8 days with a stop day stop in Glacier National Park.

That is sad. The few times I have been in your country has always been a good experience. Especially when I flew in to Whitehorse, YT to recover a van & camper & drive it 3500 miles back to Indianapolis, IN. My first 700 miles out of Whitehorse was a gravel road ( the AL Can ). Now I hear it is paved all the way to the Alaskan Border. Took 8 days with a stop day stop in Glacier National Park.
Make no mistake, I love my country and I am a proud Canadian. I've driven coast to coast and the sights along the way are nothing short of breathtaking. And in most places, people are polite and considerate.

But Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal basically decide how the country is run because they are the three most populated cities in the country. It's like if Los Angeles, Chicago and New York got to decide how America works.

That's why I'm the first to stand up and say Canadian public healthcare is neither free nor fair. A lot of Canadians mistakenly claim that it's free, that it's the best system in the world. England uses the same system we do, and they have the addition of the government constantly henpecking over safety so nobody will ever visit a doctor for anything that's covered.

Hmm. Anyone tell me if I write. Canada votes in a new good contract. Aloud by Hoffa's people. Then the Canadians when the election for them,

HMMMMMM.
No, you are not right. Canada didn't vote on a contract. Every terminal across Canada has their own contract. We don't have a national contract like you do in the US. We negotiate separately for increases and work rules. In fact, half the terminals are Teamster, while the other half are represented by Associations and the line haul brokers are represented by Unifor (formerly Canadian Auto Workers or CAW). Wages, benefits, pension contributions and work rules vary across the country and local by local. We didn't win the election for Hoffa, the lack of participation by 80 % of the eligible voters decided the outcome of the election. :couch: