ODFL | Canceled on Friday

Piano Man

Please don’t tell my mom I’m a freight hauler.
Credits
A bunch of our line runs were canceled on Friday. Pretty much anything to do with Indiana. Assuming it was weather related. Does the 4 hour pay for cancellation just show up or do we need to do something to get it?

A bunch of our line runs were canceled on Friday. Pretty much anything to do with Indiana. Assuming it was weather related. Does the 4 hour pay for cancellation just show up or do we need to do something to get it?
I've never heard of cancellelation pay. I run out of Indy and we get cancelled for weather fairly often. I've never been paid unless I tell them I want to use a vacation day.

I should have posted more clear. We were already at the terminal pre tripped and hooking up when we were told we were canceled. One of the guys who has been around a minute said we’ll get show up pay of 4 hours.

When they call ahead of leaving for work we don’t get a dime.

I should have posted more clear. We were already at the terminal pre tripped and hooking up when we were told we were canceled. One of the guys who has been around a minute said we’ll get show up pay of 4 hours.

When they call ahead of leaving for work we don’t get a dime.
I've been around more than a minute and been cancelled after I hooked up and this cancellation pay is a new one on me bud.

I've been around more than a minute and been cancelled after I hooked up and this cancellation pay is a new one on me bud.
Our number 2 guy on our board said it. He said he got it 2 times last winter. I‘m going to pursue it then and see what happens. I’ll bet they have stipulations as far as being close to gate time and what they won’t pay for. I’ll keep you posted, if it happens again it would be nice to know for sure for all of us. Thanks gomer.

Our number 2 guy on our board said it. He said he got it 2 times last winter. I‘m going to pursue it then and see what happens. I’ll bet they have stipulations as far as being close to gate time and what they won’t pay for. I’ll keep you posted, if it happens again it would be nice to know for sure for all of us. Thanks gomer.
Look it up in the employee handbook and see if there is anything in there about it. It's probably like most policies around here and it's terminal to terminal.

So basically around 15 degrees give or take, several inches of a bit of lake effect and gale warnings on the big water.

I might see where having to stop due to winds say over 45 for the pups etc.

I usually had a policy of not coming out to the crew bossing if there was ice on the ground or expected. I simply am not invested yet in good safe equiptment for that kind of minimum wage work at the risk of loss of property etc. If its really a awesome storm I can see renting a snowmobile or something but again the income will not be able to support that kind of cost.

We expect about a 15 windchill here. Nothing above 30 for today. Power bill is paid up 2 months ahead. So Its up to Entergy to crank up the coal and get cooking.