Reddaway | CARD CHECK??

DouchBag

TB Lurker
Credits
Question: what exactly is a card check ? If you sign a card and the company merges and you’ve been an employee of the same company. Wouldn’t your sign card state you want Union representation? So then the person with the signed card could keep their seniority and the employee who doesn’t loses their seniority?

Question: what exactly is a card check ? If you sign a card and the company merges and you’ve been an employee of the same company. Wouldn’t your sign card state you want Union representation? So then the person with the signed card could keep their seniority and the employee who doesn’t loses their seniority?
IM the last on the extra board in my terminal. I don’t care.

You must get 50% plus 1 in order to save your seniority

Your Terminal must be Recognized as a Bargaining Unit before the Merge. So you actually have to put in a group effort in organizing the required 50% + 1 then the NLRB must certify the results along with the Union. This process can take up to 6 months depending on how much dispute from the Anti union BKC Club{Butt Kissers Club) members put up. Your single signed card does not get you Representation in the merger.

Lol I’m in the top 15 of my terminal so I kinda do. Lol I work at a terminal that can’t get passed their hated of the Union. And they’re too ******* stupid to realize their naivety.
Best thing you could do is make an appointment with the Hall and get 4 like minded employees preferably a mix of Line haul, P&D and most importantly Dock workers to get your card check started ASAP. Consider it a Hobby and plan to visit Employees with a Teamster rep on the Weekends. Follow the Rules set by the Union and be calm and non adversarial with Employees who are skeptical about this situation. You have to be ok with each individuals Reasons for saying No. Do not waste time on the Pricks. You know exactly who they are already. Good luck i hope you can succeed in this last effort.

IM the last on the extra board in my terminal. I don’t care.
That is a poor Attitude to take into your career as a Teamster. This is how Teamsters get Labeled ME-sters because they only care about their personal situation. This is why Labor unions have lost leverage over the last 30 years.

That is a poor Attitude to take into your career as a Teamster. This is how Teamsters get Labeled ME-sters because they only care about their personal situation. This is why Labor unions have lost leverage over the last 30 years.
Not staying at yellow long term. Thanks for the pep talk tho:

<snip>Follow the Rules set by the Union and be calm and non adversarial with Employees who are skeptical about this situation. You have to be ok with each individuals Reasons for saying No. <snip>
They why don't you follow you own advice and quit using this language yourself?

"This process can take up to 6 months depending on how much dispute from the Anti union BKC Club{Butt Kissers Club) members put up."

"Do not waste time on the Pricks."

We're not going to convince more to join the Union by denigrating them if they oppose unionization.

They why don't you follow you own advice and quit using this language yourself?

"This process can take up to 6 months depending on how much dispute from the Anti union BKC Club{Butt Kissers Club) members put up."

"Do not waste time on the Pricks."

We're not going to convince more to join the Union by denigrating them if they oppose unionization.
That would be because I do not work for Yellow nor am I a union member. However there is a few good guys at Reddaway that do not deserve to get screwed in this merger so I feel compelled to not only Help their effort in gaining representation before the merge but to also expose the "PRICKS" that have Caused them undue stress and have consistently Violated current and former Reddaway employees Constitutional Rights to Organize. I really couldn't care less if the Teamsters get more members or not in general, They have certainly done more damage to the LTL industry with the Give backs and other concessions over the last 12 years to warrant a healthy dose of skepticism in regards to their effectiveness. But mostly its because I enjoy the Entertainment value of Ruffling feathers with nothing more than the Truth and common sense.

That would be because I do not work for Yellow nor am I a union member. However there is a few good guys at Reddaway that do not deserve to get screwed in this merger so I feel compelled to not only Help their effort in gaining representation before the merge but to also expose the "PRICKS" that have Caused them undue stress and have consistently Violated current and former Reddaway employees Constitutional Rights to Organize. I really couldn't care less if the Teamsters get more members or not in general, They have certainly done more damage to the LTL industry with the Give backs and other concessions over the last 12 years to warrant a healthy dose of skepticism in regards to their effectiveness. But mostly its because I enjoy the Entertainment value of Ruffling feathers with nothing more than the Truth and common sense.

You use a lot of words to say virtually nothing.

Best thing you could do is make an appointment with the Hall and get 4 like minded employees preferably a mix of Line haul, P&D and most importantly Dock workers to get your card check started ASAP. Consider it a Hobby and plan to visit Employees with a Teamster rep on the Weekends. Follow the Rules set by the Union and be calm and non adversarial with Employees who are skeptical about this situation. You have to be ok with each individuals Reasons for saying No. Do not waste time on the Pricks. You know exactly who they are already. Good luck i hope you can succeed in this last effort.
Oh absolutely well stated. The signing of cards have already started in SLC. No exact numbers hopefully going better then before. Lies and nonsense believes are truly ingrained at SLC. You know that. I you know a lot about SLC. You’ve hit it on the head meany times in the past.

My barn is union as far as the drivers go .clerical and maintenance are non-union.what does it take to join the union .how do we get the ball rolling?

As far as what ? Mechanic and clerical ? You need 50% of the personal plus 1 more over. They all need to sign Union cards showing an interest to join. Then be recognized by the Union and the company. After that everyone who wants to join will fill out an application with the Union and voila your a Teamster.

My barn is union as far as the drivers go .clerical and maintenance are non-union.what does it take to join the union .how do we get the ball rolling?
First you need to find out who represents mechanics in your region. At one time If I remember correctly they were represented by a completely different union all together as far as Reddaway was concerned. But really all you need to do is visit or call your local Teamster Hall any time during the week and they will help set you up with the information you need.