Career Ending Operation???

UPDATE: March 16, 2018

well after 3 MONTHS of no physical therapy and the insurance company's medical review board saying it "was unnecessary", i returned to p/t on Wednesday March 14th.

however, we had a blizzard her, Monday into Tuesday, so as a result, they had no power, no heat.

the tech who i worked with my last visit, asked if i wanted to reschedule, due to the no heat.. i said, NO WAY, let's git it done.

it really wasn't THAT cold inside the building, and they had a lot of natural sunlight coming in.

but tell you what, i was in MORE PAIN after the p/t that day then ever before...lol

he had given me some exercises to do till my p/t was "SUPPOSED TO BE APPROVED", but as you know, one day you skip for what ever reason, then the next, and so on and so forth.

one of the exercises he wanted me to do (and i actually did) was walk daily. so i'd go to either a walmart store or target, or the mall, and "just walk" till i got some pain, then stop for the day.

i had told him the cold doesn't really bother me, i'll sweat less, so he said, "good maybe i'll work you harder"....

then he chickened out, he said he didn't want to kill me, my first day back...lol

now, it's been since my January doctor visit, and he NEEDS an xray of my back to see if my bones are fusing, since i have to wear a ""spinalogic" device to help it along. as of Wednesday, the doctor still HAD NOT gotten xray approval...

oh hello...Mr. Attorney Sir"...........

what i have to wear to help my bones fuse..
http://www.djoglobal.com/products/cmf/cmf-spinalogic

UPDATE: March 16, 2018

well after 3 MONTHS of no physical therapy and the insurance company's medical review board saying it "was unnecessary", i returned to p/t on Wednesday March 14th.

however, we had a blizzard her, Monday into Tuesday, so as a result, they had no power, no heat.

the tech who i worked with my last visit, asked if i wanted to reschedule, due to the no heat.. i said, NO WAY, let's git it done.

it really wasn't THAT cold inside the building, and they had a lot of natural sunlight coming in.

but tell you what, i was in MORE PAIN after the p/t that day then ever before...lol

he had given me some exercises to do till my p/t was "SUPPOSED TO BE APPROVED", but as you know, one day you skip for what ever reason, then the next, and so on and so forth.

one of the exercises he wanted me to do (and i actually did) was walk daily. so i'd go to either a walmart store or target, or the mall, and "just walk" till i got some pain, then stop for the day.

i had told him the cold doesn't really bother me, i'll sweat less, so he said, "good maybe i'll work you harder"....

then he chickened out, he said he didn't want to kill me, my first day back...lol

now, it's been since my January doctor visit, and he NEEDS an xray of my back to see if my bones are fusing, since i have to wear a ""spinalogic" device to help it along. as of Wednesday, the doctor still HAD NOT gotten xray approval...

oh hello...Mr. Attorney Sir"...........

what i have to wear to help my bones fuse..
http://www.djoglobal.com/products/cmf/cmf-spinalogic
I don't see a gear stick on this thing, is it automatic?
I guess that's the horn button in the center.

I don't see a gear stick on this thing, is it automatic?
I guess that's the horn button in the center.
lol...i don't have an automatic restriction....lol

it's really a crazy medical device. i had to wear one back in 2014, after that surgery. i suppose they work, but only an xray can know for sure. i feel absolutely nothing while it's working.

they have a life of 9 months. after that, they expire. the company does not take them back and reconfigure them for someone else.

what a waste.

you will find these on eBay, but at what amount of life is left in them, who knows....i'd find it hard to believe someone would actually buy one, but then again, people have bought potato chips that look like Jesus.......

UPDATE: March 22, 2018

ok, so i had p/t earlier this morning. from there, i scooted over to the surgeons office.

reason being, as of my January visit, where he said I MUST go back to p/t and I MUST have a back x ray to see if that device is fusing my bones, the doctors office STILL HAS NOT gotten approval for the darned cheap x ray......!!!!!!!

it has been now 4 times for the request.

so now, i just got off the phone, (an actual call) to my attorney. he said that the judge has the petition for the x-ray but he has that for the 25th of April.....

but i see the doctor on the 9th.....

so my attorney will contact thier attorney and see if this can be kicked up real fast, to save the court appearance.

i told my attorney if i have to reschedule to see the doctor, i am ok with that...except, there are no guarantees as to when he will have an open appointment. in the past the doctors office had to reschedule me as he had emergency surgery. so crap happens. i am ok with that.......

it's just the time/date of the next appointment, that may interfere with what i got going on here at the house..

like the unfortunate plumbing problem, which resulted in 3 days with no bathtub, and a leaking ceiling i had to repair cuz of that. then 1 full week of a leak that i had to wait, (after the initial repair was done..!!!!) for the plumber to come back from vacation on cape cod.......at least, they got the FULL BLIZZARD last week, and we only got "some snow"....lol......

and so the BS continues.......

lol...i don't have an automatic restriction....lol

it's really a crazy medical device (1). i had to wear one back in 2014, after that surgery. i suppose they work (2), but only an xray can know for sure. i feel absolutely nothing while it's working (3).
(1) Good thing you don't have a steering committee.
(2) You Suppose?
(3) Initiate Vibrator mode (or is that on the higher priced version?).

...and so the BS continues...
In your case Bone Shaping.

(1) Good thing you don't have a steering committee.
(2) You Suppose?
(3) Initiate Vibrator mode (or is that on the higher priced version?).

...and so the BS continues...
In your case Bone Shaping.
lol......maybe there is a higher priced vibrating device, in this world, anything is possible....!!!!!!

UPDATE: April 4, 2018

ok, as of this morning, I have still not gotten approval for a simple x-ray, to confirm if the spinal-logic device is helping to fuse my bones.

what does an x-ray cost these days?>

i looked it up on the web...no insurance...about $100.

with insurance, about $260.....(they pay all, i''d pay nothing)

so going on the $260 dollar amount, these aceholes at the insurance company still have not approved (to me) a simple back x-ray...

yet, they approved like what now, 4 MRI's, and a CT scan..??

something like about $30,000 worth..???

well this morning i will go in person to the doctors office, and reschedule his appointment for sometime in late May, maybe even early June.

reason being, that this month, on the 25th, we go to court, so the judge can see my back, and render a payment to me, for scarring.

the first payment i got a couple of years ago, i got $5,000 for THAT long scar.

this scar now, is LONGER than the last one, by about 3-4 inches.

will i get more than the last time? i am sure the insurance lawyer will try to deny that, but i was cut open again, from top, to bottom.

so i dunno frankly.....

i may only get paid for the extra few inches, rather than the whole scar.

then from the court date of the 25th, when the insurance WILL BE ordered to pay me, it takes at least 2 weeks for that to come in. how long for an ordered x-ray?

should also be 2 weeks......

if not, back to court we go, for a frigging simple x-ray

so this is why, late May, early June for my rescheduled dr's appointment.

told my lawyer in an email moments ago...

"i will not give in, i will not give up".....

i still highly believe, the insurance company thought i was going to be an easy case for them...

as you have read over like what now....4 YEARS WORTH OF CRAP FROM THEM.....i was hardly an easy case.....

yep, April 14, 2014..is when i got hurt, only a few more days now, till that anniversary

my attorney's response to my email, regarding the no x-ray BS..

"I’m in Court and just spoke to the insurance attorney. He’s surprised because he’s told the adjuster multiple times that she should approve the X-ray. He will tell her again. If she doesn’t budge, then we’ll have to wait for the court date."

UPDATE: April 22, 2018

we all go to court this Wednesday (25th) to discuss the scarring issue, as we did after the first surgery. I have also not had any word on a new x-ray, nor continued therapy. those items will most certainly be brought up in court.

this tuesday is technically my last day of p/t. i did show "'some improvement" at my evaluation 2 weeks ago. the gal last week (she subbed for my regular tech), noticed i have issues on my right side as i walk around with the weight (like i was carrying a suitcase).

it's been noted many, many times, the right side is still the most troublesome with the pain from the top of the butt down to the foot, which also includes my right leg just kicking out from under me as i walk, or even just stand.

the left foot is still numb, and the ever constant back pain at the "belt line".

each tech has had to stop having me do certain exercises, as certain ones exacerbate the pain. but they do not know, until they have me try somethings.

all these as i have said, have been well documented by now 2 p/t techs.

UPDATE: April 25, 2018

ok so off to court we went this morning.

the judge looked at the scar, and assigned a number to it for payment.

as for the x-ray that my doctor seriously needs, he ordered that to take place.

the continuing of p/t could not be brought up, as the insurance company has not actually denied it.....yet. we have to wait for a bit longer and see what they approve, or don't...THEN if need be, we go back to court for an order of returning to p/t..

BUT, this can now take several weeks if i get a denial..

and all that time, my progress that i did make, goes for naught.

there is only so much i can do at home (as therapy) as it is now when i have my days away from the p/t place.

UPDATE: April 30, 2018

i got a bill from the MRI place for the MRI that my doctor requested many months ago. the MRI was taken in either December or january, and all this time, gone by, they sent me the bill.

it's for about $700..??

like the insurance company denied the payment.??

i got this bill last thursday, and took it right away to the lawyers office.

today, the lawyers assistant called me and said she has no idea why it was denied, and as soon as she gets an answer she will get back to me.

i had attempted to call the MRI place, told them i am on comp, i don't pay a dime, gal there said "call your insurance company", but i cannot do that, they will not talk to me, since i have a lawyer, everything goes thru him, which i know.

i have no idea why i got this bill.

You can just cross out your address and put RETURN TO SENDER. Problem end. Next mailing, hand to yer lawyer.
- - - -
When I was doing the Cancer treatment in 2001, I as well got a few Bills for services rendered. I'm sure the bills were received by those that processed them as I was covered by State provided Medicaid.

Last edited:

th

UPDATE: May 4, 2018

I got this email from my attorney, regarding me, getting that MRI bill.

he says,

I think we might have figured out the problem. We called the MRI place and they told us they submitted the bill to the State of ***** workers’ comp department, not the workers comp insurance. We told them you didn’t work for the State and gave them the workers comp insurance contact info….again.

They will submit the bill properly.

UPDATE: May 16, 2018

well hell's bells....

i got the call last night from the surgeons office, the x-ray approval finally arrived...!!

that's AFTER my January visit when they were first requested, and AFTER i had to go to court back in April, April 25th to be exact.

i got the paper work, went to the x-ray place and there was a series of x-rays i had to have done.

gal there said a couple of things....like, "you sure got a lot of metal back there"....

and..."i can see this ain't your first rodeo"........

all i could say was my usual..."i been here so much, your company gave me a private room in the back, and i live here".

now, i still have to wait till JUNE for the visit, when i could have gone earlier THIS month....

just minutes ago, got a call from the lawyers assistant. she wanted to know if i got my "scarring check" yet.

by the law here, the insurance company had 14 days to get it to me.

i just found out, it is consecutive days, not business days, so i was supposed to get that check by the 9th. however, my first scarring check ( 2 years ago) did arrive 5 days late.

the lawyer did tell me in court that day in April the 25th, that technically, they can put it into the mail on the 14th day. giving where the checks come from, it takes 3 days to get to me.

so as of today, they are now 7 days late.

the assistant said to call here ASAP when it comes in, cuz as of this moment, she is getting up a petition to go back to court for a demand of payment to me.

you see, as i have said time after time, if you ever get hurt, on the job, secure a workman's comp lawyer ASAP. you need protection from those acehole insurance companies. on your own, i feel the chances of getting what you need is slim to none, without a mouth piece, that can fight for you.

i'll update when needed.

well hell's bells....

i got the call last night from the surgeons office, the x-ray approval finally arrived...!!

that's AFTER my January visit when they were first requested, and AFTER i had to go to court back in April, April 25th to be exact.

i got the paper work, went to the x-ray place and there was a series of x-rays i had to have done.

gal there said a couple of things....like, "you sure got a lot of metal back there"....

and..."i can see this ain't your first rodeo"........

all i could say was my usual..."i been here so much, your company gave me a private room in the back, and i live here".

now, i still have to wait till JUNE for the visit, when i could have gone earlier THIS month....

You better hope all goes well, you know what we do to horses in your condition.