Career Ending Operation???

Floundere please stay in the correct thread pro has enough problems with out you trying to out last him. pro i hear ya any body that has gone thru comp will know what a pain (no pun intended) in the butt it is. kind of like the Army hurry up and wait and wait. Hope you get feeling better soon

Floundere please stay in the correct thread pro has enough problems with out you trying to out last him. pro i hear ya any body that has gone thru comp will know what a pain (no pun intended) in the butt it is. kind of like the Army hurry up and wait and wait. Hope you get feeling better soon
i really hate that i got hurt, i did not do anything out of the ordinary to get hurt.

i hate that it has basically retired me, from say about 5 to 8 more years of working.

i hate that the insurance company people are dicks, (or the C word) as the adjusters are gals, but...what more can i say about those gals..??

i hate that being on comp all these now 5 years, and 2 months, i have lost thousands of dollars in income, that can NEVER be made up, unless i hit the lottery, which also, will NEVER happen.

i am reminded of something "guardrail" said way back i think in page one or two of this thread, in posting number...17

anyone can go back to posting number 17, to verify this.......

here it is...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I know a lot of people with screwed up backs , and plenty of metal in them, that still drive truck. Even if you stopped driving truck, why is disability an option? It drives me crazy that disability is thought of as an alternative to retirement.

Guardrail

unless one knows the seriousness of one's injury, such verbal shyte was not needed, as now, we CAN ALL SEE, it has been 5 years, 2 months for me...

then he goes on to say, why is disability an option.??

well, once your back goes, it NEVER gets better...plus several months ago, my attorney TOLD ME to talk with my doctor about getting a "total disability letter" from the doctor, cuz with the amount of operations i have had, there is NO WAY IN HELL, i will EVER return to ANY TYPE of work, let alone trucking.

I HAVE NOT told my doctor i needed that letter, but yet his office gal, who will take care of that letter for me....."it's on the book"

I WILL BE ENTITLED TO disability, and (i hope) lifetime medical, and why not..??

i been working since i was 14 1/2....15 years old, and i get sidelined by a serious back injury....I EARNED anything I AM ENTITLED TO, regarding disability, that is afforded me by the LAW.

and everyone here HAD BETTER ACCEPT that fact.....as I KNOW I HAVE TO, and that BOTHERS ME TO NO END....

would i like being on disability, and maybe food stamps.??

HELL NO.....BUT, if i am ENTITLED TO IT, BY LAW, then god dammit, i'm gonna TAKE IT..... I WORKED ALL MY LIFE, and EARNED IT, over those that come into this country and get welfare, right off the effing boats..!!!!!

as it stands now, my DOT ran out back in 2015...my CDL has already been downgraded to an operator's license, if i EVER wanted it back, i'd have to go back to school and "do it all over again", at what...my age now..???

no way in hell will i go back to school......

then what, get another driving job and do more damage to my back..??

i dun't think so........

thanks for requesting no one hijack this thread...

have a great day...

i hope i can....my check did not arrive this past monday, the attorney called th insurance asswipe, she never gets back to him, OR HER ATTORNEY, and my bills DO NOT EFFING STOP COMING IN, when the checks DON'T......

UPDATE to my above posting

given 2 weeks vacations and, i have come "up with" a rough idea on how much income i HAVE LOST for the now 5 years of being on comp.......

i am down (roughly).....$104,000......

that's a huge chunk of change, i can never recoup...

"some people", may think i am living the "life of Riley"....

far from it....

thanks to those "C"s at the insurance company effing with my weekly checks, SEVERAL TIMES, which went into a full MONTH each time, i came VERY CLOSE to losing my home, and displacing people that live in the other 2 apartments, besides myself....my (now) 92 year old mother, and my sis, and her husband....

rest assured, that even though when i say "i win" my case in court EACH TIME WE GO, i still ain't no better off than if i was working.

i wish NONE OF THIS SHYTE, on anyone......

Yo Pro,

What's your pain allowance time for online stuff?
You on a Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or Phone?
Phone is the worst, in MY opinion, for some online activities, like building a website.

Just curious if you've ever considered building a Secure Dedicated Website and starting a Blog or a Vlog (not sure if a website is needed for a Vlog).
I'm fixing to yet I've been "fixing to" start something online since latter 2013, and it's not the "starting bits" that are the problem: THE PROBLEM is follow through.

Your next/Past Check will arrive according to (the usual) Corporate Reworking Applicable Procedure or C.R.A.P.

Yo Pro,

What's your pain allowance time for online stuff?
You on a Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or Phone?
Phone is the worst, in MY opinion, for some online activities, like building a website.

Just curious if you've ever considered building a Secure Dedicated Website and starting a Blog or a Vlog (not sure if a website is needed for a Vlog).
I'm fixing to yet I've been "fixing to" start something online since latter 2013, and it's not the "starting bits" that are the problem: THE PROBLEM is follow through.

Your next/Past Check will arrive according to (the usual) Corporate Reworking Applicable Procedure or C.R.A.P.
uh nope, never considered any of my own website...i think some have to be linked to fartbook..??? to get readers..??

i have a desktop, it's what i have been used to using since my first pc, back in ....1998..???

NO requirement to do anything with Fakebook or TWITter or instagrump.
Much better "social sites" like Pinterest.

Just curious!

Get the check?

NO requirement to do anything with Fakebook or TWITter or instagrump.
Much better "social sites" like Pinterest.

Just curious!

Get the check?
yes, the check arrived on a friday morning, 4 days later than usual.. i told the lawyer, that the postmark and check were both cut out on that tuesday, when i had called him to complain..he said "she must have cut that check after his call, which explains why she never called him back"..then on saturday, i got that weeks check too, rather than on the following monday.....

it takes (on average) 3 days to get from Kentucky, to RI.....that's the home location for the bastoids....

and NO, they DO NOT DO, direct deposits, that was one of a "few" questions i had asked the lead adjuster, just before i hired on the lawyer...after the lawyer gets the case, NO MORE correspondance can take place between me and the insurance company. it all goes thru thier lawyer and mine...

i tried pinterest, one time, especially when i wanted to download some what looked like really great recipes, but then they annoyed the hell out of me..

i don't like being annoyed......

i get many of my recipes form Epicurious, or some other great food websites.

UPDATE: August 27, 2018

I am still waiting on any word from my lawyer regarding my last IME back in July, the 26th in fact.

i emailed the lawyer, earlier this morning.

UPDATE: September 16, 2018

Lawyers go to court on the 18th (this Tuesday).

Hopefully they get to the bottom of why it has been nearly 2 months now since my IME exam at the insurance doctor. Usually it's like 2-3 weeks tops, we get his usual denial of any more surgery. plus, i still haven't gotten my mileage reimbursement either.

I saw the doctors, P/A last monday, (9/10/18) she and i talked about my continued ongoing left foot constant numbness and my right leg numbness and difficulty walking, sitting standing for any length of time. how i cannot stand up straight when i get up from a chair. i have to walk sorta like "Hunched over" for a few seconds, then slowly rise up.

she said, from what i am explaining, that hopefully the doctor gets to go back inside and check on the last 2 screws, that i might indeed need larger ones. something may be hitting the nerves.

that's about it, till i hear from the lawyer on tuesday.

UPDATE: Sept 24, 2018

well lawyer got back to me this morning, why it took him so long from last week, i don't know.

the IME report is always sent to me, and the lawyers, as well as the mileage reimbursement checks.

anyway, the other lawyer has to contact the insurance company to see wtf is going on with them..they go back to court in october....

just another BS stalling tactic...they think i am going to go away...whoa...not that easy, my surgeon says i need another operation...

not until that one takes place......(which by history of this insurance company, may not take place now until NEXT spring)

here is what my lawyer sent me earlier today..

"The law says that the insurance carrier has to send the report to you and to me as soon as they get it. They are also responsible for paying you for the mileage. Jeff is their counsel so he is the one who has to find out what’s going on and report back to the Judge and to me."

UPDATE: Oct. 1, 2018

well, finally, the check for my miles to and from the July 26th IME visit has arrived.

looks like i got paid about 58¢ per mile, for the 10 miles round trip.

not hard to take, and yes, i'll take what they owe me, 100%.

now all i have to wait for, is an email from my lawyer, that he finally got the "usual" denial letter from the insurance doctor.....known as "Dr. No, or Dr. Denial"....

UPDATE: October 16, 2018

lawyers went to court yesterday, to go over what the IME insurance doctor said way back in July...

the other lawyer still cannot find(??) the IME report, so my lawyer said they go back on the 30th....

I think i smell another of the stalling tactics here.....since July..???

First rule if you get hurt at work on the job don't ever go to the company doctor or medical facility Concentra is worst. Don't ever be afraid to call 911 even if you are at the customer or terminal don't try to rough it out make it back they will say you didn't hurt yourself at work. Go to the hospital if severely injured call an injury attorney right away ask them to refer you to a doctor again don't ever be seen by a company doctor. These workers comp cases can take years to settle I don't know how these IME Doctors live with themselves denying people who need care there is a special place in hell for all of them. Always save money get Aflac a few more disability policies in case you get hurt. I pray everything works out for you and everyone else going through a nightmare workers comp or personal injury court system.

UPDATE: October 23, 2018

UNBELIEVABLE NEWS....

i have been waiting since July 26th, for the insurance doctor's IME report.

I earlier today, emailed my lawyer for the second time, what's going on, and how we both know this is a stalling tactic.

it NEVER took more than say 2-3 weeks for the denial to come back from the IME doctor..

well, low and behold...

it seems like (by my reading AND my lawyers reading, that the insurance doctor FINALLY AGREE's with MY doctor, that I need another operation...!!!!!

he went on to say that i will be totally disabled.

in fact, just seconds ago, the lawyer sent me another email saying that he instructed his office assistant, to send a letter (to my doctor..??) requesting a total disability letter.

that should go a long way in the future, when this is near it's end with this whole rigamarole BS i have been putting up with since i got hurt....5.4 years ago......

now all i'll have to do is wait for this next operation to finally take place....

actually, the lawyer got back to me again, i thought the disability letter was for my doctor, but apparently, he put a demand on the insurance company to put me on total disability, all due to THEIR doctor's words...

i shall see, and update as needed.

UPDATE: October 30, 2018

ok, so off to court we went.

the lawyer explained what he meant by demanding a total disability letter from the insurance company. what that means is that here in RI, we can be on workman's comp for a total of 6 full years..however, a disability letter means it can go longer than the 6th year.

so now too, the judge was presented with the IME report which stated that the insurance doctor AGREE's with my doctor, that another operation is needed.

so the judge entered that into the claim, and by next week(??) the doctors office may contact me, if not, i to them.

either way, i see my surgeon in December.

i don't "see" any operations done before christmas. frankly, i'd prefer it to be after the 1st of the year.

there is another operation the doctor wants to do, but by the court and my lawyer and myself, we are going to hold off on that one, until this next one is done.....reason being, that other operation, may take my doctor to testify that it IS needed.

and all the doctor has to do to testify, is the lawyer, and stenographer go to his office, and take down his words....however, there very well MAYBE A COST out of pocket to me, and it IS reimbursable, but only if the judge agree's with that testimony.....

i have NO IDEA, how much this could cost......

my lawyer also told me to go and claim total disability from SS now, i am actually waiting for this other lawyer i spoke to back in 2015, to contact me......

my lawyer says go by what he says, regarding this.

i was told that i can get a percentage of SS AND workman's comp at the same time, the SS will put in the "balance" to my weekly checks, that will match up to what my monthly benefits would be...

i'll get more of a handle on this when the SS lawyer contacts me, and we have a sit down in his office.

that's about all i have for now..

1) approval for another operation

2) suggestion to go ahead and apply for SS disability

3) hold off an yet another operation

and one more thing i was told..you see, i thought that the money set aside for this claim was a set value, and in time, the checks will get smaller...well that's not how it works i was told, the insurance company puts money in "reserve" for me and keeps renewing that reserve. it takes for the employer to file a petition to reduce the weekly checks.

so in other words, i can get the same weekly checks well past the 6 years, once that "total disability demand letter" comes thru.

lawyer says it's not really going to be denied.....as it was THEIR OWN doctor.....that said i am totally disabled....

still more updates to come...

but man oh man....5.5 years......lawyer even said, the insurance company (thru thier lawyer telling him today in conference), never thought this claim would be so long..

goes to show ya.....i really got hurt.

everything is documented, can't fake MRI's, C/T scans, x-rays......and the soon to be 3rd (and maybe 4th) operations.

be careful out there guys. all this crap can happen to YOU.

UPDATE: November 8, 2018

ok, well several phone calls with the doctors office, and my lawyers office.

i was approved for the L-5/S-1 revision surgery,

the "other operation" ( a tagged on one) is up in the air as of this moment, the lawyers go to court, to argue that one.

in any event, i have a "tentative" appointment for this L-5/S-1 operation to take place on january 22, 2019.

if, and i say IF the tag along operation gets approval, that too will be done that day as well.

but at least, one is approved for now.

as i had explained to the doctors office staff, the holidays are literally around the corner, and personally, i'd want NOT to be having the operation(s) done during that time.

too many things to do around the house before the holidays to be messing around.

there is no time limit on getting this done, as my lawyer said, as long as i don't wait a year to do it.

but, i will be laying in the hospital bed.......on my birthday.....oh well...hope they have birthday cake!

also too, i have to renew my driver's license in January, as it'll be downgraded to an operators license...not a CDL, and it expires on my birthday, which, i'll be laying flat on my back...

but at the very least, i can go to the AAA office to get that done. hopefully at least one week before the big dig......