ADuiePyle | Career with ADP

Good advice Ped X-ing....he should definitely let his supervisor know of his intentions, remind his supervisor periodically, and even let his supervisor's supervisor know of his interest in the school! Get your name out there (and make sure you have a clean file!!!)

Lee just make sure if you get the interview to express your interest in going to the school, and then again when you get hired. Dont be a PITA but make sure your supervisor knows your intentions :shift:
Ok, I definitely will. :) I wrote it on the application, and they sent me an email to a link to fill out a more indepth application... So, I'm hoping that means they are interested at least. PITA= haha

Good advice Ped X-ing....he should definitely let his supervisor know of his intentions, remind his supervisor periodically, and even let his supervisor's supervisor know of his interest in the school! Get your name out there (and make sure you have a clean file!!!)

I'm a She :1036316054: By clean file, do you mean my driving record and background check? or are you referring to once I'm on the job.. As of right now, i have a squeaky clean everything and I work my a$$ off at my jobs.. I do have a question, what is on the CDL permit test? it can't just be "basic" driving questions right? I'm not sure what exactly to study, and I want to get my permit asap.

Also, just out of curiosity, and the fact that i've been riding the min.wage line for a while, how much does a dockworker usually make?

Usually start at 12/12.50. Go to motor vehicle and get the cdl book. Lots of stuff to read and learn. Learn it well. Ull get a good jump on the other people in the class. Once u get ur cdl ur rate jumps up pretty quick.

I thought you had to have your CDL already. That's good to know. Do they let you test out in their trucks for state license?

I thought you had to have your CDL already. That's good to know. Do they let you test out in their trucks for state license?

no, you do not need a cdl to get in the program, Its a definite bonus though. if you go through the Pyle program they take you for the test in their trucks.

Just to clarify, you don't need a CDL to work for ADP on the dock as we will put you through our driving academy if you are interested. You do need a CDL if you are being hired as a driver.

Well, the first week working outbound dock is great!! The first day was just paperwork and watch movies. But now I'm moving freight, and it's real busy at the terminal.
Oh yeah, there was 3 total people starting OB with me, There was suppose to be 5 total(2 did not show on the first day)

The others on here would know better,but I have seen them pull shop and office guys anh have them drive when the crunch is on. Guessing the same would work for dock guys

Why didn't you get hired as a P&D driver, or isn't that what your looking for? Be patient and keep asking about a driving job. Did they tell you why you couldn't be hired as a driver?

so, Nate called me from ADP... had me fill out yet another application online.. and told me allll the info I would need to know to work / go to their driving school. i couldn't believe I actually got a call back.. so now I guess they are checking my license/file or something, and I 'should be' getting a phone call for an interview. I would start fulltime dockwork 12am-8am shift mon-fri, making great $. Good God, this is what I need to make my life happen. Thanks a million to you 'guys' on here for guiding me through this process. I'll let ya know if i get a call for an interview. :clap:

Last edited by a moderator: