SEFL | Carrer advancment

Girn

TB Lurker
Credits
After being employed by what I feel is one of the best companies in the ltl sector; I feel things could be different concerning job and or career advancement within SEFL. I have witnessed numerous positions given away to non SEFL personnel. When there were ample applicants within our internal core that could and would have filled the requirements stipulated by the position's description. It seems to me that the old way of advancing within the company, thru determination and commitment, has been stifled to( I know this guy.............) How do we as employees get ahead within our internal work base without knowing a team associate who can put in a good word for you that benefits that one associate. To get a shot at that position.?

Learn to spell career Maybe you will advance
So sad that the only thing you can do is try to embarrass me and not add to or give a suggestion. And as a senior member, you have seen a lot of improper responses. No wonder why the public looks at us the way they do with idiots like you spountin off such ridiculous statements...........

ive learned over the years here that only person to worry and count on is your self. ive seen alot of new management postions go to people off the street. Ill give you an example. i remember a few years ago we had an opening for an inbound dock supervisor. We had a couple of p&d drivers interested in the position. Well none of them where even interviewed. All of them were capable of doing the job. Basiclly they want people they can bring in and brain wash. its hard to brain wash someone who has been with the company a long time. So if your are a driver you can count on being one as long as you are with sefl. just my 2 cents

You know the company aint a bad company to work for but when they begin to hold the supervisors accountable for what they do instead of trying to write the driver up for every little thing then i believe it would be so much better. the company dont want to pay over-time and i dont blame them cause if they had to send everyone home to keep them from getting over-time then we would only have to work 3 1/2 days a week cause of the stupid decisions that they make. start holding them accountable ............

You mean leadership? Hold them accountable for the drivers actions....? I know of a lot of drivers who are given a nice work load that drag it out just so they can get more hours.....Live within your means..... 45 hours, 50 hours. If you need major amounts of hours just to satisfy your financial obligations you need to look into your life style and determine whats important to you. I am a driver and have a run that is pretty demanding. I see everyday some home depot runs with a few added stops. A dream come true, to someone who runs a route. A gold mine to a driver who wants to get extra hours by taking his good old time. Blame the ones who screw the company, not the ones who are stuck in the middle. Leadership can only go by what we the drivers present them with.