Yellow | Carrier Drug Survey Reveals Need To “purge” 300,000 Drivers

Gonna have to disagree with you. Doctors didn't forcibly put the pills in the mouths of the addicts. That line of thinking is the same farce that allowed the tobacco companies to be sued or the idiots that want to sue gun manufacturers for people being killed by guns. The fault is with those that abused the pills. Cripes, the stuff can now kill you in a second , fentynal laced drugs and the like, and people are still taking stuff. The fact they couldn't responsibly use a legal product should not mean that i or my child that had a legitimate use for the same product should be unable to attain it

We live in "the Devil made me do it" times.

Gonna have to disagree with you. Doctors didn't forcibly put the pills in the mouths of the addicts. That line of thinking is the same farce that allowed the tobacco companies to be sued or the idiots that want to sue gun manufacturers for people being killed by guns. The fault is with those that abused the pills. Cripes, the stuff can now kill you in a second , fentynal laced drugs and the like, and people are still taking stuff. The fact they couldn't responsibly use a legal product should not mean that i or my child that had a legitimate use for the same product should be unable to attain it

We agree to disagree.

We live in "the Devil made me do it" times.
Addicts have existed throughout time. Propensity to abuse merely needs an appropriate product. Tobacco, alcohol, heroine, chloroform, laudanum, cocaine, crack, meth....

It’s a disease.

In the instance of opioids, it occurred with physician direction and false information from pharmaceutical companies.

Other formerly acceptable snake oils and highly addictive substances, have been regulated as a result of their abuse.

Addicts have existed throughout time. Propensity to abuse merely needs an appropriate product. Tobacco, alcohol, heroine, chloroform, laudanum, cocaine, crack, meth....

It’s a disease.

In the instance of opioids, it occurred with physician direction and false information from pharmaceutical companies.

Other formerly acceptable snake oils and highly addictive substances, have been regulated as a result of their abuse.
Exactly, regulated. In fine with that . They could have issued my boy enough medicine to let him sleep soundly for three or four nights then said "no more". That's regulated. Not saying "none at all".

Finding s doctor that will prescribe them like skittles is not big pharmaceutical companies problem. That is the responsibility of medical boards and state licensing agencies.

Anyone who has smoked cigarettes and then tried to quit, understands just how extremely addictive nicotine
is. I got tired of it when cigarettes hit fifty cents a pack and quit. Now I do not like to be around people who are smoking cigarettes but I also don't like the way local governments are taking advantage of their addiction.

Last edited:
There will come a time you wont remember when you last worked

Not yet, I remember my last trip in 1990, Charl to Jax.
I was dispatched to Canadays S C, to slipseat with a Jax driver, he brought me a set going to Orlando, dispatch told me take his set to Orlando.
I went to Jax, told dispatcher I didn't have hrs to make Orlando, I lied and went to bed.

Not yet, I remember my last trip in 1990, Charl to Jax.
I was dispatched to Canadays S C, to slipseat with a Jax driver, he brought me a set going to Orlando, dispatch told me take his set to Orlando.
I went to Jax, told dispatcher I didn't have hrs to make Orlando, I lied and went to bed.
Amen to that . Another 15 and I'll hang out with you in the boneyard . I'm R&L now, but I trace my roots to CFCC in the day.

It’s a disease.

In no way do I mean to imply that there aren't actual, real situations where addictions are a real disease. It's just that I believe the trend has been for people to ascribe their actions and behaviors to forces other than their own conscious decisions.

In no way do I mean to imply that there aren't actual, real situations where addictions are a real disease. It's just that I believe the trend has been for people to ascribe their actions and behaviors to forces other than their own conscious decisions.
Ya, that whole river in Egypt mentality?

I see the irony in that. I was desperate for sleep, it was a legal prescription, I figured what the hell what harm could it do. Won't happen again. What scares me is how many people are driving around on these legal drugs.

What scares me worse is it’s the untrained population in 4-wheelers doing it because all that stuff you mentioned isn’t legal for US to take.

Why did he retire, looks like a fun job? :hide:

nc3.jpg
Couldnt keep a beat , too many itchy spots

Well, Pierce said to Red, what you carryin' in that cigarette
Pack?
I said: "I got my second driver an' he's gonna drive her all
The way back."
It's a big black pill, so round an' round
The driver's call it west coast turnaround
It's for the fever
The ol' freightliner fever

and

I got me ten forward gears and my George overdrive
I'm takin' little white pills and my eyes are open wide
I just passed a Jimmy in white been passin' everything in sight
Six days on the road I said I'm a gonna make it home tonight
:smilie93c peelout:
sleeping-trucker-480-300x201.jpg

Blue Bell killed about 6-7 people a few years back (listeria I think).
They knew their production lines were dirty because the employees brought it to their attention and they didn't do anything about it until the deaths were connected to them. They had to shut all their plants down. That had to hurt. Boo Hoo.
Lower than dirt companies don't get my dollar.
I pass all the Blue Bell up.