Yellow | Carrier Drug Survey Reveals Need To “purge” 300,000 Drivers

Dont do ****8ng drugs. If you hit my family jail will be the least of your worries
The problem with drug tests is they don't measure current intoxication like Breathalyzers what you do in your off time is your business as long as you drive sober.

After 3 years you should be good to go
Not legally you have to see a SAP and complete follow up tests unless you get it rescinded from your record god forbid you get in an accident some lawyers digs up you refused to test years ago you will be going to prison. Some states like IL don't automatically suspend your license but that is going to change with the new drug clearinghouse next year. I've complained to congress members this clearinghouse doesn't do enough to protect drivers from shady companies who want to blackball you by saying you refused to test while never being notified that's why I suggested a certified letter to report to drug test or something to confirm you have been notified.

Not legally you have to see a SAP and complete follow up tests unless you get it rescinded from your record god forbid you get in an accident some lawyers digs up you refused to test years ago you will be going to prison. Some states like IL don't automatically suspend your license but that is going to change with the new drug clearinghouse next year. I've complained to congress members this clearinghouse doesn't do enough to protect drivers from shady companies who want to blackball you by saying you refused to test while never being notified that's why I suggested a certified letter to report to drug test or something to confirm you have been notified.
Fyi someone can pass every test available and still be a complete nit wit

How can anybody approve cutting off peoples body parts to test for employment , if you took a chunk of hair from someone walking down the street you would be arrested

If you forced someone walking down the street to **** in a cup you would be arrested too.

Just my guess, if they were to take mandatory hair samples on all cdl holders in the U.S 300,000 fails wouldn't touch the needle.I would guess most of it being pot from recreational usage not on the job, but there is no way to differentiate.

Just my guess, if they were to take mandatory hair samples on all cdl holders in the U.S 300,000 fails wouldn't touch the needle.I would guess most of it being pot from recreational usage not on the job, but there is no way to differentiate.
We've lost two otherwise good drivers that way. Both guys were hard workers, had good attitudes, were liked by customers, and otherwise an asset to the company. Both showed up everyday on time, looked and acted professionally and never called off. Both liked their herb too much, knew the risks and gambled and lost. They both got picked for a random and quit on the spot. One went to Central and is there to this day . The other went back to hauling stone.

We've lost two otherwise good drivers that way. Both guys were hard workers, had good attitudes, were liked by customers, and otherwise an asset to the company. Both showed up everyday on time, looked and acted professionally and never called off. Both liked their herb too much, knew the risks and gambled and lost. They both got picked for a random and quit on the spot. One went to Central and is there to this day . The other went back to hauling stone.
Its a shame a failed test changes they way people think of the person , they go from the best number one driver and when the results are reported they become and instant scumbag

We should be off with pay until the results are reported, i seen drivers removed rite away when positive result reported ,but rite after the test you keep working even though your no good? Your the same person on thursday that you were on monday

Its a shame a failed test changes they way people think of the person , they go from the best number one driver and when the results are reported they become and instant scumbag
Boy you're right there! Both guys had around seven or eight years in with R&L , one had about 15 years of LTL experience prior to R&L . Never heard a bad word about either, but they both got pilloried by a number of drivers once it got out what happened. Would've thought they murdered someone the way some guys were slamming them.

Thing is, I'm not even a user trying to defend a bad habit. I literally have never done an illegal drug, not one iota. I like my wine and beer but never took anything stronger than whisky. But it kills me that something someone does on a weekend, off duty can nail them on Wednesday.

Thing is, I'm not even a user trying to defend a bad habit. I literally have never done an illegal drug, not one iota. I like my wine and beer but never took anything stronger than whisky. But it kills me that something someone does on a weekend, off duty can nail them on Wednesday.
Its unfair policy , although no policy is forcing us to be truckers

So since they quit on the spot that wasn't considered a refusal and Central could hire him?

So since they quit on the spot that wasn't considered a refusal and Central could hire him?
It is technically a refusal, but there is apparently a delay in the reporting process which is what ED FORCE is referring to which will change to almost instant report of a refusal with new regulations. He went the same day to apply at Central and got through the hiring process before the refusal got on his record. I don't know that other LTL's would tolerate it, but in my neck of the woods Central is known for this. There are drivers from other LTL's that were let go under similar circumstances and Central picked them up. In addition to our guy from R&L , I know first hand of two others that moved from one LTL to Central . Used to see them in other color trucks, now I see them in yellow trucks and NOT Swamp Holly yellow .

It is technically a refusal, but there is apparently a delay in the reporting process which is what ED FORCE is referring to which will change to almost instant report of a refusal with new regulations. He went the same day to apply at Central and got through the hiring process before the refusal got on his record. I don't know that other LTL's would tolerate it, but in my neck of the woods Central is known for this. There are drivers from other LTL's that were let go under similar circumstances and Central picked them up. In addition to our guy from R&L , I know first hand of two others that moved from one LTL to Central . Used to see them in other color trucks, now I see them in yellow trucks and NOT Swamp Holly yellow .
Look at the whole picture of Central, from the owners,right on thru the facilities, drivers, equipment, and their page on TB. It all should make more sense then.