New Penn | cartage

UnionTrucka

TB Regular
Credits
is there any emphasis at all when we give our frt. to cartage that it actually gets delivered that same day ? i've dropped off loads at these dumps a couple of times so i decided to ask the supervisor there if and when this frt. gets delivered. he told me it may take him a couple of days because of the amount of work he gets from us along with the other carriers is too much this time of year. clearly this a violation of the contract but what else is new. so is there any emphasis ? second, why does our management allow these co.'s to pull our trailers ? i always thought that was a no-no !

when i ran the city, we used cartage company everyday in hagerstown. when we were busy, they were lucky to get our freight by late afternoon. stripped that evening, and delivered next day. zip codes of this freight was most likely 2 day from where ever it came from. most this freight was for western md. and parts of west va. that was hours from hagerstown and of course we had no p/u's in the area. only time they ever used npme trailer was if big head load in trailer to del. or they were picking up some that was big head-load for us. most likely woundnt have been profitable for us to del. this freight, but with cartage co. we split revenue at least 50-50. have used this company well over 15 yrs.

ok well what happens with damages ? who is liable for them, us or them , and do the cartage co's even report them to us. also, what about that frt. that lays there a couple of days before it gets delivered ? because of this happening, the TM sends the casuals home. definately not right.

When a cartage agent damages freight, the hired carrier (NPME) will pay the claim. Then take it up with the cartage company. This is fairly simple on damages. If the cartage agen signs the DR from NPME clear. They pay. If the DR is noted damaged at time of hand over, NPME pays.

Same goes for shortages. This is the same process for deteriming which terminal gets charged for a claim. Anytime freight is exchanged there is a signature. That sig. i staking resposibility.

Wilson and Alvin??????????

Better yet, why is NPMF still using these companies when Holland is interlining with New Penn? Here in Wilkes Barre we drop 3-4 loads daily with the Scranton terminal and only pick empty trailers out. If we are all under the same label then why give it away.:tribehasspoken: :chairshot:

jr webe said:
Better yet, why is NPMF still using these companies when Holland is interlining with New Penn? Here in Wilkes Barre we drop 3-4 loads daily with the Scranton terminal and only pick empty trailers out. If we are all under the same label then why give it away.:tribehasspoken: :chairshot:

i asked the same question one day to the TM & VP and they told me that everyone else, all of our partners, have an overflow as well so it would not work. honestly, i don't know who or what to believe sometimes.