ODFL | cb mic holder

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
yeah, simple question here. Since I now have a 'wild run' and an assigned truck, I installed my cb. BUT...with the new freightliners what does everyone use for their mic holder. The one that hangs and how do you hang it? I'd like some links so I can order one online as I HATE going into truckstops and their ripoff prices. Thanks!

Go on Ebay and look for one.. They have some that retract .Thats what I have and it has a clip that you can clip from anywhere in the truck.
that is my point....where can I clip it? I'm new at these newer freightshakers. Seems these daycabs 'bounce' ALOT more than I am used to. I was thinking the clip might fly off if I hit a few bumps, which happens alot in these trucks.

yeah, simple question here. Since I now have a 'wild run' and an assigned truck, I installed my cb. BUT...with the new freightliners what does everyone use for their mic holder. The one that hangs and how do you hang it? I'd like some links so I can order one online as I HATE going into truckstops and their ripoff prices. Than
yeah, simple question here. Since I now have a 'wild run' and an assigned truck, I installed my cb. BUT...with the new freightliners what does everyone use for their mic holder. The one that hangs and how do you hang it? I'd like some links so I can order one online as I HATE going into truckstops and their ripoff prices. Thanks!
I hope you’re running a separate antenna. The truck stock antennas are garbage

I use the gear keeper and just clip it in bottom of the center roof cubby. That is the one that it has hooky clip deal and retracts from there. It doesn’t actually stay closed but it holds even on i65. Rough a.f.

I agree with Road Warriors post. Get a different antenna and coax. Factory ones are garbage

Mount the antenna on the bar behind the cab. Only spot for a good RF ground. I set up alot of the guys antennas at my barn. I run a Wilson 2000 with various radios but usually it's a Stryker 955. I can talk all over. I can get the SWR down to 1.1/1.2.

What's a mic holder? For your Michelob?

that is my point....where can I clip it? I'm new at these newer freightshakers. Seems these daycabs 'bounce' ALOT more than I am used to. I was thinking the clip might fly off if I hit a few bumps, which happens alot in these trucks.
Get you a couple wire strap’s from the shop and put it wherever you want it.