ODFL | CB radio suggestions?

Running a single whip on the grab bar behind the cab will out perform an antenna mounted on the bird perch and running co-phased. The single whip will have better TX and RX since a true co-phased system needs to be a minimum of 9ft apart or the antennas will radiate in a figure eight pattern and reflect off one another. I have no problem talking over 20 miles and some nights with good conditions I've hit over 40 mobile to mobile. My RX is absolutely killer and I will hear and talk to stations that guys around me can't hear. I get asked every night "what kind of radio are you running...?" and "I can't hear who you're talking to."
:idunno:

As you were, I stand corrected. One hundred two inch whip is the correct size. I see you are running a Galaxy 98, Hotrod. If you are not running that radio straight off the batteries, that could be part of the problem.

I'd be the last to acuse anyone of telling tales.
I know for a fact my antenna will out talk,out receive, out perform any thing you guys mention.
On my truck I run a 5 element beam with rotor mounted on a 46ft telescoping mast.
I will admit it will impede your running time a little, since you must stop and retract the mast to
13.6in at all bridges, overpasses low hanging wires, ( 15 mph rule does not apply to antenna)
Also if you meet Big Dave on a two lane road, his hat brim poses a threat to this antenna.
10-4 "BACK DOOR" you ina heap a trouble fore shore.

I'd be the last to acuse anyone of telling tales.
I know for a fact my antenna will out talk,out receive, out perform any thing you guys mention.
On my truck I run a 5 element beam with rotor mounted on a 46ft telescoping mast.
I will admit it will impede your running time a little, since you must stop and retract the mast to
13.6in at all bridges, overpasses low hanging wires, ( 15 mph rule does not apply to antenna)
Also if you meet Big Dave on a two lane road, his hat brim poses a threat to this antenna.
10-4 "BACK DOOR" you ina heap a trouble fore shore.
Bump bump...