R&L | CDL A TEAM TRUCK DRIVERS $150,000 YR EACH R+L Carriers Chicago, IL

I suppose thats ok. The 5000 Bonus is a little niggarly and not available to everyone who is hired anywhere in their system.

The benefits is a money pit. Might as well pay cash for your trauma care when needed. If you are that fit to do that job, aint nothing wrong with you anyway. Doctors love cash. They give discounts.

150K would have to be in salary form. On duty and off duty all the year. Pay me every week. In return if its hours on the book and dispatch has everything in order? Yes sir, three bags full. You got it. If not? I can wait until I get hours or the truck is fixed. The faster they get it sorted the sooner I can roll it.

Everything else that used to be a problem in the trucking industry simply wont be anymore with that money in salary form auto paid every week. I'll be the whored one willing to do any load anywhere no matter how long it takes. Or how minor. Its paid for.

However. Off duty means off duty. No phone calls, emergencies, rescues, favors and so on. I aint hired to be a mule for the dispatch problems.

And the Per Diem. Thats mine. If I have to be in the yoke and pay to eat while hauling the plow on your farm... I will have uncle sam take care of that food bill. NOT enrich the company.

And one more thing. You raise that salary at a rate of 10% per year. Its all numbers, bill the people whg hire your trucks over and above that for your trouble.

The big test will be the shop. Bad steer tire, put a new one on. Not a retread. Today. Within the hour. Load and dispatch is waiting. They are paid to fix it. If they make excuses and hem and haw the problem to another day, they can find some other chump to drive their crappy trucks.

Im demanding and spoiled arent I? For that kind of money going around, you want the best.
I think he just asked if R&L pays their team drivers 150K each a year.

I suppose thats ok. The 5000 Bonus is a little niggarly and not available to everyone who is hired anywhere in their system.

The benefits is a money pit. Might as well pay cash for your trauma care when needed. If you are that fit to do that job, aint nothing wrong with you anyway. Doctors love cash. They give discounts.

150K would have to be in salary form. On duty and off duty all the year. Pay me every week. In return if its hours on the book and dispatch has everything in order? Yes sir, three bags full. You got it. If not? I can wait until I get hours or the truck is fixed. The faster they get it sorted the sooner I can roll it.

Everything else that used to be a problem in the trucking industry simply wont be anymore with that money in salary form auto paid every week. I'll be the whored one willing to do any load anywhere no matter how long it takes. Or how minor. Its paid for.

However. Off duty means off duty. No phone calls, emergencies, rescues, favors and so on. I aint hired to be a mule for the dispatch problems.

And the Per Diem. Thats mine. If I have to be in the yoke and pay to eat while hauling the plow on your farm... I will have uncle sam take care of that food bill. NOT enrich the company.

And one more thing. You raise that salary at a rate of 10% per year. Its all numbers, bill the people whg hire your trucks over and above that for your trouble.

The big test will be the shop. Bad steer tire, put a new one on. Not a retread. Today. Within the hour. Load and dispatch is waiting. They are paid to fix it. If they make excuses and hem and haw the problem to another day, they can find some other chump to drive their crappy trucks.

Im demanding and spoiled arent I? For that kind of money going around, you want the best.
What terminal you out of?

Don’t get discouraged by this Jaloc

What terminal you out of?

Don’t get discouraged by this Jaloc
Ive been out of trucking for a number of years.

My time in LTL etc was strictly where is out of the Baltimore area and Northeast non Union. We called that breakbulk in those days. Essentially manual labor. Load it. Unload it. Reload and count again... and again.

Medical databases caught up with me because I carry four situations medically that is banned at the DOT medical level for federal trucking or railroading etc. Any public safety position.

Might as well enjoy my time. My world gets smaller as I decline with each year. I try to share a few lunch counter stories or perhaps a few memories to calm down certain topics and perhaps a few opinions rather that may or may not be obsolete.

Jaloc is a good un, he will do what he will do. He knows I am a big mouth some of the time.

My essence in posting to this topic is simple. Hiring truckers in this industry going back 50 plus years even today is what I would consider abusive. They are disposed of summarily without recourse or appeal even black listed if they so much as scratch a trailer or something really minor in the course of gaining their spurs in places experienced drivers KNOW not to go into... such as Dollar Stores.

The pay? :shit:ty. Has been all those years. Always conditions, limitations, exclusions, 1099's, workarounds, cash under tables, cheap bastards embezzling off drivers, those who pay by zip code and pocket the other 15% and so on...

One job I had a flat salary. Absolutely flat. Every thursday noon KACHING! 1550 dollars. REGARDLESS of what I did that week. 20 miles or 20,000 miles. That was net after everything.

Suddenly I was a happy trucker. All my problems went away. Have a load anywhere? You bet. I go now. No load today? fine. Text me when ready. No worries.

They hardly heard from me all that time unless I needed a Mr Fix it.

Repeat after me. THERE. IS. NO. Money. in trucking unless you make sure you are paid a MINIMUM of 150,000 a year flat. No gotchas, no ifs buts and maybes and by god no minimum goallines etc.

Trucking companies do not pay a dime more than they think they can cheat from all drivers too stupid to demand more. As long 50 drivers line up to take your job when you are thrown to the wolves.... this will continue.

Part two.

My last trucking job was a part time crew boss. They gave me 30 temp CDL drivers to herd through the once monthly truck auctions on the line. I taught those autos when they needed it and I taught others manual when they needed it. When I had OLD drivers I handed them the old iron. Then I tried to solve some of the sicker trucks using what I knew of them. Some were really sick.

They paid me minimum wage. But the money was not that important. I was doing it for the joy of it. Until the eyes quit. Fortunately surgery restored my sight. And that was the end of that. Just as well, the company itself was bought out lock stock and barrel so thats that too. Just dont tell anyone that the eyes quit again. We may or may not do surgery for the 5th time on those. I go blind I go blind. Meh whatever. I am past caring like I did back in the CDL days.

Im still happy. I was paid what I was paid. Inflation ate the rest. There is no money in the industry ever. Even if you worked a lifetime.

Part two.

My last trucking job was a part time crew boss. They gave me 30 temp CDL drivers to herd through the once monthly truck auctions on the line. I taught those autos when they needed it and I taught others manual when they needed it. When I had OLD drivers I handed them the old iron. Then I tried to solve some of the sicker trucks using what I knew of them. Some were really sick.

They paid me minimum wage. But the money was not that important. I was doing it for the joy of it. Until the eyes quit. Fortunately surgery restored my sight. And that was the end of that. Just as well, the company itself was bought out lock stock and barrel so thats that too. Just dont tell anyone that the eyes quit again. We may or may not do surgery for the 5th time on those. I go blind I go blind. Meh whatever. I am past caring like I did back in the CDL days.

Im still happy. I was paid what I was paid. Inflation ate the rest. There is no money in the industry ever. Even if you worked a lifetime.
All that smokin caught up to ya