Yellow | CDL holders banned from driving due to drugs, alcohol top 60,000

Stop silly testing , what people do on wk-end off time is none of there business , they don't ban people who stay drunk all wk-end . It would create 15% more driver's daily if they would stop silly testing . The Coop stop testing for Lutefisk after Iowa voted 15-1 against Lutefisk testing ! :heykoolaid:

There was a time in the Class A days you did whatever. The 1993-1994 deadline to surrender class A to the then new CDL which I did on the last valid day of Class A at the DMV with 1000 others at the last hour to closing time. DMV gave us all CDL's in a hurry.

That began the alcohol testing. So we stopped drinking which was part of trucking. Now the drugs? Well there was some activity there with friends in my time and all of it totally illegal. They protected me because I was of value to society as a trucker and therefore no drugs. drinking? Certainly.

1 shot times 8 hours before showing up at dispatch counter for load. (Work) if two shots then 16 hours prior. Etc. So the drinking did not stop. Just brought back far enough so that its out of the system when I showed up for load info hung over. HA...

Eventually the drinking stopped as well. Replaced by smoking and coffee etc.

Drugs? Well there was quite a bit of it in the 60's mainly pot and some angel white. (A old term) but meth, cocaine, and other drugs slowly penetrated the area we grew up in First in the cities via dealers centered on NYC. Eventually west coast drugs by bikers etc came along as did LSD etc with them.

There was no drug testing to speak of. HOWEVER that evolved in enough time.

It reached a point of being absurd about 1997 or so when the doctor threatened me for 60 dollars a hour to wait until wet enough to pee. So how am I who can go a thousand miles dry straight through now have to drink enough to pee on demand? HA the nerve. Today its even worse. If you cannot pee in front of the doctor who prescribes medicine you are deemed non compliant and are removed from that level of care.

So what is a dry trucker to do? Simple. Buy two servings of cantelope. Throw down three glasses of house tea wait a hour on your way to see the doc. You will be overflowing and ready when you arrive.

Now that I am off the road and out of it, it does not matter. I use medicines that ensure that I will not be legal anyway for that kind of work. Its done enough damage as it were. So there is no point in worrying about it.

We still crack jokes about coffee being illegal soon as it's altering the person. Today not so much anymore because that could be a possibility.

So... doing actual important work? That's no fun anymore he he.

Stop silly testing , what people do on wk-end off time is none of there business , they don't ban people who stay drunk all wk-end . It would create 15% more driver's daily if they would stop silly testing . The Coop stop testing for Lutefisk after Iowa voted 15-1 against Lutefisk testing ! :heykoolaid:
Hey now! I want my Lutefisk tested. How dare somebody mix in 15% Perch into my Lutefisk.

I say if Drivers have to take a **** test, then so does every Senator and House Congress member. State and Federal.

Hey it's ok to drink everyday wake up all hung over with that nasty headache dehydrated all dizzy disoriented start up that big rig it's legal! Hell we have drivers taking their work call at the bar. We can stay at Bates motel as long as it has a bar or one in walking distance.

Thanks for posting this, I didn't know they had stopped Lutefisk testing.
Shows we are making progress.

I say if Drivers have to take a **** test, then so does every Senator and House Congress member. State and Federal.

Hey it's ok to drink everyday wake up all hung over with that nasty headache dehydrated all dizzy disoriented start up that big rig it's legal! Hell we have drivers taking their work call at the bar. We can stay at Bates motel as long as it has a bar or one in walking distance.
We had Atl drivers put the bar's phone number on their trip cards.