XPO | Cell phones reimbursement...

Credits
(I'm sure this topic has been addressed, but I'm short on time and patience)

Does anyone know if Con-way reimburses for cell phones used while at work?

I'm referring to calls made to linehaul for breakdowns or P&D drivers calling dispatch (on their cell phones) because they're "out of range" with the Nextel's.

In the past, I've received calls on my cell phone from my dispatcher where she (dispatcher :loser:) was asking me to help another driver with directions, for example.
I'm to the point where I don't want to help Con-way out anymore when it's going to cost me more money out of my pocket in lieu of recent "takebacks".

I've been told by other driver's that you can submit your "highlighted statement" (cell phone bill) and they will pay for those calls... (yeah, right! :biglaugh:)

Thanks in advance, for any responses... :bowdown:

Tell your dispatcher not to call you anymore for one. If that does not work change your number. Guys have turned in cell phone calls for reimbursement but I dont know if anyone has collected. Just about every cell phone plan has after 9pm all calls are free .. so good luck with that .. :bowdown:

I wont use my cell phone anymore either.

I'm referring to calls made to linehaul for breakdowns or P&D drivers calling dispatch (on their cell phones) because they're "out of range" with the Nextel's.

In the past, I've received calls on my cell phone from my dispatcher where she (dispatcher :loser:) was asking me to help another driver with directions, for example.
I'm to the point where I don't want to help Con-way out anymore when it's going to cost me more money out of my pocket in lieu of recent "takebacks".

I've been told by other driver's that you can submit your "highlighted statement" (cell phone bill) and they will pay for those calls... (yeah, right! :biglaugh:)

I have been told in the past to turn it in and they will reimberst you, But i have never done this, also beware of what the other driver said, make ure all other calls a blacked out that way they cant get you for calls on company time. if they ask it is your buissness not theres tell them to buttt out

I didn't realize people still talked on cell phones. I thought they were only used to send dirty pictures and jokes.

Tell your dispatcher not to call you anymore for one. If that does not work change your number. Guys have turned in cell phone calls for reimbursement but I dont know if anyone has collected. Just about every cell phone plan has after 9pm all calls are free .. so good luck with that .. :bowdown:

My cell phone is my only phone now. I discontinued my home landline service because it sucked! So now, Con-way has to have that number... My calls are free after 9pm (until 7am) but calls to XGO (minutes) are still counted for some peolpe because of long-distance... I'm alright on linehaul because I hacve a Nationwide plan, but other's at my terminal are not as lucky...

It is foolish for ANY employee to provide ANY
company with ANY info NOT required by LAW .

EXAMPLES : Cell #'s , bank account #'s , credit account #'s ,ect.

Just4Thouhgt

It is foolish for ANY employee to provide ANY
company with ANY info NOT required by LAW .

EXAMPLES : Cell #'s , bank account #'s , credit account #'s ,ect.

Just4Thouhgt

Many people don't have a land line - myself included. If they don't have your checking account number you cannot get direct deposit. C'mon man.

I use my cell phone for everything. I am not pissing with the Nextels...they are junk. I only use the Nextels for P/U pages and nothing else. If I am going to take the time to have a conversation with my FOS then it is going to be a clear and concise exchange. Not some CB type communication that sux!!!

Rat :loser:

us too

I use my cell phone for everything. I am not pissing with the Nextels...they are junk. I only use the Nextels for P/U pages and nothing else. If I am going to take the time to have a conversation with my FOS then it is going to be a clear and concise exchange. Not some CB type communication that sux!!!

Rat :loser:

King Ken at our barn said he would reimburse the cell phone bills of anyone making calls that were for company business. Just provide him with a highlighted statement. The statement was provided and King Ken also wanted to know what the other calls were during business hours. I guess he figured he should know who you are calling on your breaks also? After that little stunt the dispatchers spent more time on the phone calling customers for our drivers than anything else. Didn't leave much time for dispatching or getting their other work done. Those 12 hour days just weren't long enough already. Thanks Ken for all that you do for your supervisors!:nutkick:

:biglaugh: I've been told, (by my dispatcher), that I need to get a cell phone. He says he's getting tired of calling customers for me that want a call 30 minutes or so before delivery. I asked him if Con-Way would pay for the calls, he told me no, but I can write them off on my taxes. :hysterical: I told him he could still be my messege center then. To me, if the company wants me to make my own calls, they can unlock the phone function on the nextel.

yah and you better hope they dont see any calls while your supposed to be driving that is a big no-no.

how bout texting ???? our o/b fos spends his whole day texting his wife on the phone and wonders why the dock gets blown out and why we are late every night .....

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that we get a 19% discount thru verizon wireless, all ya have to do is go into a verizon store & show them your work badge.

Many people don't have a land line - myself included. If they don't have your checking account number you cannot get direct deposit. C'mon man.

Well , " C'mon man " .

These would both be FOOLISH CHOICES ! Albeit , possibly from ignorance , lazyness , or other reasons .
( See my previous response above to another regarding " PAY " ) .

Just4Thought

Well , " C'mon man " .

These would both be FOOLISH CHOICES ! Albeit , possibly from ignorance , lazyness , or other reasons .
( See my previous response above to another regarding " PAY " ) .

Just4Thought

hey, did you know the government can trace you if you have a cell phone & they can also trace you if you are on the internet.It's a conspiracy & conway is waiting just to get you too.:nutkick: