XPO | Cell phones reimbursement...

No re-imbursement

(I'm sure this topic has been addressed, but I'm short on time and patience)

Does anyone know if Con-way reimburses for cell phones used while at work?

I'm referring to calls made to linehaul for breakdowns or P&D drivers calling dispatch (on their cell phones) because they're "out of range" with the Nextel's.

In the past, I've received calls on my cell phone from my dispatcher where she (dispatcher :loser:) was asking me to help another driver with directions, for example.
I'm to the point where I don't want to help Con-way out anymore when it's going to cost me more money out of my pocket in lieu of recent "takebacks".

I've been told by other driver's that you can submit your "highlighted statement" (cell phone bill) and they will pay for those calls... (yeah, right! :biglaugh:)

Thanks in advance, for any responses... :bowdown:

"No re-imbursement"

My terminal manager said that it was polled awhile back (last summer) and drivers were asked how often they use their cell phones for work. Apparently I missed that one. Because, he noted that (according to the poll) not enough drivers use their cell phones for work for Con-way to do anything about it.
My guess is that (if the poll was in fact taken) the drivers were too afraid to admit that they use their cell phones during work hours so as not to "confess to breaking company policy".
Unfortunately, it's my only phone and I'm stuck with the bill. It's alright... Verizon offers me a 17% discount because I'm a Con-way employee, so it's better than others.

I refuse to use my phone for work. I have what amounts to unlimited minutes and still won't do it.

*chirp* call this *******, tell him to be home in 30
*chirp* dont you have a phone?
*chirp* I do, here's the guys number 55-5555
*chirp* use your phone
*chirp* 555-5555. be there in 28 now.
*chirp* (pissed) FINE!

I have used it for informational purposes such as maps, directions and trying to decipher poor addresses... like "Jim Smith - 200 Main st." when 200 main st is a massive complex with 80 businesses. That's when the Crackberry comes in handy, cause the ****** CSR's we have couldn't think there way out of a room with one door.

I refuse to use my phone for work. I have what amounts to unlimited minutes and still won't do it.

*chirp* call this *******, tell him to be home in 30
*chirp* dont you have a phone?
*chirp* I do, here's the guys number 55-5555
*chirp* use your phone
*chirp* 555-5555. be there in 28 now.
*chirp* (pissed) FINE!

I have used it for informational purposes such as maps, directions and trying to decipher poor addresses... like "Jim Smith - 200 Main st." when 200 main st is a massive complex with 80 businesses. That's when the Crackberry comes in handy, cause the ****** CSR's we have couldn't think there way out of a room with one door.

A little love for everyone tonight...Ever wonder how those "****** CSRs" feel about you..??

I use my phone all the time for work-related stuff. It's too convienant. Why would you not want to make your day easier. It's not going to cost you anymore $$. Besides your not going to find a pay phone anywhere.

I use my phone all the time for work-related stuff. It's too convienant. Why would you not want to make your day easier. It's not going to cost you anymore $$. Besides your not going to find a pay phone anywhere.

Thanks...for the common sense...its a little short these days...

Rat :loser: