FedEx Freight | CENTRAL DISPATCH

no one. 2 types of people work in central
1.. brand new just out of school and not smart enough yet
2..screw ups at the end of there rope, next step out the door
there go to is "Better Business Decision" and they will win out most times. not all but most
Better Business Decisions is worse than hearing Hub discretion.

TruckTurner just keep running it up the flagpole , everytime they give you no answer or lie , you want their name , then you want the next person , till the right person catches wind of it , unless it's a DOT thing then just tell FDX you will contact the proper federal people . I will tell you this , your TM and management will retaliate and punish in every way they can , good luck friend .​

no one. 2 types of people work in central
1.. brand new just out of school and not smart enough yet
2..screw ups at the end of there rope, next step out the door
there go to is "Better Business Decision" and they will win out most times. not all but most
Or Hub Discretion :Biden1:

We have 20 guys sitting at home today. 10 runs cancelled this morning, all this with lots of folks on furlough. It’s time to do a layoff.

TruckTurner just keep running it up the flagpole , everytime they give you no answer or lie , you want their name , then you want the next person , till the right person catches wind of it , unless it's a DOT thing then just tell FDX you will contact the proper federal people . I will tell you this , your TM and management will retaliate and punish in every way they can , good luck friend .​

When things got bad between 2012/2014 I carried a recording device with me constantly. Anyone from management got near me I hit record. About to that point again.

We have 20 guys sitting at home today. 10 runs cancelled this morning, all this with lots of folks on furlough. It’s time to do a layoff.
What blows my mind is how perfect they timed this.. speaking of my center only.

Before this bid that started 2 weeks ago we rarely had guys sitting at home with no work and had no furloughs. We just lost 10+ runs, a couple furloughed and now have 10-15 people not working all week

FedEx nailed this perfect aka we definitely had to lose a huge national account because it just seems like everyone got even MORE slow all at the same time

Last edited:
What blows my mind is how perfect they timed this.. speaking of my center only.

Before this bid that started 2 weeks ago we rarely had guys sitting at home with no work and had no furloughs. We just lost 12 runs, a couple furloughed and now have over 15 people not working all week

FedEx nailed this perfect aka we definitely had to lose a huge national account because it just seems like everyone got even MORE slow all at the same time
We’ve lost at least 5 big accounts over the past year. Went to OD and Yellow. Sales person I know said they were told to not go after any more new business. What was the point in buying all this new equipment and hiring drivers just to let customers go? And it’s not like these were money losing accounts.

We’ve lost at least 5 big accounts over the past year. Went to OD and Yellow. Sales person I know said they were told to not go after any more new business. What was the point in buying all this new equipment and hiring drivers just to let customers go? And it’s not like these were money losing accounts.
How about naming these 5 big accounts?
Every...and I mean every major freight line is having furloughs and layoffs.
It obviously depends on the area your in ...

Ouch.. don’t go after new business? Unbelievable. I never knew that FedEx had their own product to move !

There's a plan, and it has something to do with this DRIVE/ CONSOLIDATION plan of corporate. Who doesn't go after new business in a down economy?

So what’s the plan? Us move trailers for express and ground? Do we trust this “plan” or are we getting jerked around
Watch the new Freight Forward video. Lance Moll talks to Express’s CEO about offloading heavy air cargo and putting it in our network. DRIVE, not fly… That might be why we are shredding accounts… Stay tuned to the April, 5 announcement by Raj.

Watch the new Freight Forward video. Lance Moll talks to Express’s CEO about offloading heavy air cargo and putting it in our network. DRIVE, not fly… That might be why we are shredding accounts… Stay tuned to the April, 5 announcement by Raj.

I talked to Lance about the big announcement. He said once the Inflation Reduction Act kicks in, it will be a freight bonanza. He said we would be switching city vans out for curtainsides with moffets and double stacking freight. 70 hours minimum guaranteed.

Just like this but with roll up walls to protect freight from the elements.
Screenshot_20230323-070434_Google.md.jpeg

I talked to Lance about the big announcement. He said once the Inflation Reduction Act kicks in, it will be a freight bonanza. He said we would be switching city vans out for curtainsides with moffets and double stacking freight. 70 hours minimum guaranteed.

Just like this but with roll up walls to protect freight from the elements.
Screenshot_20230323-070434_Google.md.jpeg
I'll believe that when me sh$t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.