SEFL | central-sefl merger???

watch central when viking bought out spartan-coles-central and then viking closed the doors central some how backed out and kept there doors open.

10 speed said:
watch central when viking bought out spartan-coles-central and then viking closed the doors central some how backed out and kept there doors open.

I believe it was Roadway that owned all of these comoanies. And decided to put them all together. Coles, and Spartan went by the wayside and Viking, and Central kept going.

JimJoe (jj) said:
I believe it was Roadway that owned all of these comoanies. And decided to put them all together. Coles, and Spartan went by the wayside and Viking, and Central kept going.

JimJoe, If there were not a management buyout of Central, they would have been closed also.

Viking was the only company that Caliber Systems(formerly a Roadway company) was going to keep open

roadway never owned VIKING and when viking did what they did to spartan and coles roadway had already sold spartan.

roadway never owned VIKING and when viking did what they did to spartan and coles roadway had already sold spartan.

10 speed,

Viking was owned by Roadway at one point.

Coles, Spartan, Viking and Central were all under the Caliber Systems unbrella which was owned by Roadway Corp before being spun off into a public company.

Also, It was Caliber that closed Spartan and Coles and JimJoe(JJ) is correct. If not for the management buyout of Central, They were going to be closed by Caliber also.

10 speed,

Viking was owned by Roadway at one point.

Coles, Spartan, Viking and Central were all under the Caliber Systems unbrella which was owned by Roadway Corp before being spun off into a public company.

Also, It was Caliber that closed Spartan and Coles and JimJoe(JJ) is correct. If not for the management buyout of Central, They were going to be closed by Caliber also.

From what I understand from a friend of mine who used to work for Central, they literally came within hours of closing down.

Jim Joe Roadway Owned Spartan But It Was After Roadway Sold Spartan That All These Purchases Was Made,,,,,,,,, It Was Roadway Than Caliber Systems Than Viking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

CENTRAL WAS BOUGHT BY A GROUP OF INVESTERS THAT IS WHY THEY WHERE KEEP OPEN. THIS ALL TOOK PLACE AFTER VIKING ALMOST WENT UNDER. CLICK THE LINK AND READ THE COMPANY HISTORY!!!!!!!

Central Freight Lines

1997 — On June 30th, an investment group led by a group of senior Central management purchases the former Central Freight Lines from Viking Freight.

:smilie_132: KEVIN

My understanding was that FED EX bought Caliber Systems,which included Viking Freight,Coles Express,Spartan Express,Central Freight and Roadway Package Service.At that point they turned RPS into FED EX Ground,shut down Spartan and Coles then sold Central to a group that included some of Central's former owners.They held on to the part that consisted of the old Viking Freight System.Eventually they bought American Freightways and merged Viking and AF into what is now Fed Ex Freight.I was a driver for Spartan in Memphis at the time of the shutdown(3-28-97) :sadwavey:

read the history of central is was a group of investers i think that keep them going after the hole thing with viking. if everyone remembers after all that happen viking and central were the only ones left running

Central Freight Lines

1996 — Central becomes the Southwestern Division of Viking Freight, Inc.

1997 — On June 30th, an investment group led by a group of senior Central management purchases the former Central Freight Lines from Viking Freight.

spreading a rumor!!! i have heard that they wanted to buy us as well ODFL that is!! best thing to do is not to listen to rumers justwait and see what happens is the best thing to do! truck driver are worse then old women getting there hair done when comes to gossip i should know i am truck driver too