Yellow | Central States C6 Benefits.

1FastVette

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello.

Well I am laid off from YRC Freight. In Columbus,OHIO. Received my Cobra insurance Plan info.

To my discovery in the first Year of our Union Contract. Our Employer is Paying $417.17 a week for our insurance plan . That equates in a 40 hour work week. $10.42 hour fringe benefit. Wow.

Even though our Health Benefits given to us is the best in the LTL World . If not in all the trucking industry, in my opinion. They are best Health Benefits package. I have ever had.

Know wonder why we didn't get more than $4.00 over five years.

Hello.

Well I am laid off from YRC Freight. In Columbus,OHIO. Received my Cobra insurance Plan info.

To my discovery in the first Year of our Union Contract. Our Employer is Paying $417.17 a week for our insurance plan . That equates in a 40 hour work week. $10.42 hour fringe benefit. Wow.

Even though our Health Benefits given to us is the best in the LTL World . If not in all the trucking industry, in my opinion. They are best Health Benefits package. I have ever had.

I would have been broke had I not had that insurance the last 30 years. Wife has had many issues. I’ve had a few too.

Hello.

Had it not been for deferring over 50 years of wage increases to the CSPF and CS H&W, you would be making over $50 per hour. That is what built the Funds up. We always did say, you do not have to pay taxes on those benefits, but you do on wages....that's why we defer part of our raises to The Funds.

Had it not been for deferring over 50 years of wage increases to the CSPF and CS H&W, you would be making over $50 per hour. That is what built the Funds up. We always did say, you do not have to pay taxes on those benefits, but you do on wages....that's why we defer part of our raises to The Funds.
And as the crisis in MEPFs, including CSPF, grows; the pressure to limit contributions, will also.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...gress-fails-to-act/ar-BBYHz02?ocid=spartanntp

just to be ridiculed but what kind of cash increase do you think you could push for if somehow the country received national free healthcare .
If you could get medicare for all could you get a $5-$6 per hour raise ?
the company would still be $4-$5 per person ahead of the game .
that would be a huge raise for the teamsters and a great savings for a company thats struggling .
Im not in the business anymore and it wouldnt mean anything to me one way or the other i was just curious if anyone thought in those terms about it .

just to be ridiculed but what kind of cash increase do you think you could push for if somehow the country received national free healthcare .
that would be a huge raise for the teamsters and a great savings for a company thats struggling .
Im not in the business anymore and it wouldnt mean anything to me one way or the other i was just curious if anyone thought in those terms about it .
Put down the bong and remember nothing in life is free, they would give you 6 dollars an hour and tax you 8 dollars an hour to pay for the illegals benefits....excuse me....the undocumented's benefits.

Put down the bong and remember nothing in life is free, they would give you 6 dollars an hour and tax you 8 dollars an hour to pay for the illegals benefits....excuse me....the undocumented's benefits.
of course i expected a classless comment or 2 but was at least expecting someone with a tiny bit intelligence to add their 2cents .

Keep the money I will take my excellent insurance!

Keep the money I will take my excellent insurance!
When I got to work yesterday ,I saw the union had posted a notice that the "s" clause was taken away. Now you have to work 3 tours to have any kind of insurance. That six for those of us on the extra board who might not be called for a full work week each week. Especially some of us older guys.

just to be clear .. have they improved the healthcare in the last 10 years . i know my 1st 20 years the insurance was great . but since the cuts the last few years it was climbing into the crapper . seemed every year the copays went higher and the services went lower . dental went to crap as did eye glasses .not for nothing but if i could get the same or better coverage elsewhere and a $6 per hour raise . the company saves a bundle of cash that it needs supposedly id think it was a win win ..... oh well ill just sit back collect my pensions and SS and not worry about it ...

When I got to work yesterday ,I saw the union had posted a notice that the "s" clause was taken away. Now you have to work 3 tours to have any kind of insurance. That six for those of us on the extra board who might not be called for a full work week each week. Especially some of us older guys.
Really? that was in our 2013 contract are toy really that slow is di you even know your contract lol

just to be clear .. have they improved the healthcare in the last 10 years . i know my 1st 20 years the insurance was great . but since the cuts the last few years it was climbing into the crapper . seemed every year the copays went higher and the services went lower . dental went to crap as did eye glasses .not for nothing but if i could get the same or better coverage elsewhere and a $6 per hour raise . the company saves a bundle of cash that it needs supposedly id think it was a win win ..... oh well ill just sit back collect my pensions and SS and not worry about it ...
Insurance offs the same the best toy can get! Period. Chase the money.i will chase the insurance!

IF...you are available for Linehaul during the whole week of payroll and only get 2 tours in, your Insurance will be paid as well as pension credit with Central States Insurance.