Central States Financials -- Help is on the Way

I helped my Mother with living in a retirement facility and then assisted living. She passed away just before entering a nursing home.
I'll be 71 in April and I've started thinking the same thought.
My mother also lived to be 91. I was able to keep her at home with some help but was faced with putting her in a facility. She passed away just weeks before I had to make that decision. She kept her mind till the hour she left us & died peacefully.

I helped my Mother with living in a retirement facility and then assisted living. She passed away just before entering a nursing home.
I'll be 71 in April and I've started thinking the same thought.
Mud, you're young, you should be thinking positive.
You've read my post about wanting to be killed at 126 by a jealous husband.
My wife said if I don't stop saying that, I'm going to be killed by an aggravated wife at a much younger age.

My mother also lived to be 91. I was able to keep her at home with some help but was faced with putting her in a facility. She passed away just weeks before I had to make that decision. She kept her mind till the hour she left us & died peacefully.
I just got back from Charl visiting my 94 yr old aunt, although she's a little feeble, her mind and wit are still sharp.
Her sister, my mom lived to 97 and was still able to handle her finances and was the same until the last few days.
It's fortunate to not see a loved one go through dementia or Alzheimers.

I just got back from Charl visiting my 94 yr old aunt, although she's a little feeble, her mind and wit are still sharp.
Her sister, my mom lived to 97 and was still able to handle her finances and was the same until the last few days.
It's fortunate to not see a loved one go through dementia or Alzheimers.
My grandmother rarely went to a doctor. She believed in natural home remedies. She also broke all the rules on diet. She ate bacon, eggs, biscuits, buttermilk, just about anything from the farm. She worked hard, made a garden & walked long distances. I am convinced all of those together killed her. It only took 99 years to finish her off.

Quality of life is as important to me as quantity. I have seen residents in nursing homes who were content to be there since it was their only option & others who were miserable. Mental health in a nursing is very important maintaining physical health. The local nursing facility has restricted access since the Wuhan virus first hit. I don't know now what the visitor restrictions are since I have not had access to it. The flu was always a threat in the winter months even though the residents were had flu vaccinations. The last I knew about visitor policy was the facility put an air tight plexiglass booth just outside the entrance where family could visit but not have physical contact.
Every time the virus is mentioned I still get angry with this administration for not holding China responsible for this worldwide disaster.
Both my Mom and Mother in Law died in 2019. I am so glad they passed before this virus hit. For them to not be allowed visitors would have killed them even tho they were still in good shape at 97 and 98…

My grandmother rarely went to a doctor. She believed in natural home remedies. She also broke all the rules on diet. She ate bacon, eggs, biscuits, buttermilk, just about anything from the farm. She worked hard, made a garden & walked long distances. I am convinced all of those together killed her. It only took 99 years to finish her off.
I eat like your grandmother, I do visit the doctor every 3 months, and as for the long walks, I drive even if it's to my next-door neighbor.
My wife can walk 200 miles a day.

Both my Mom and Mother in Law died in 2019. I am so glad they passed before this virus hit. For them to not be allowed visitors would have killed them even tho they were still in good shape at 97 and 98…
I miss the visits to the nursing home. Covid has changed life as we knew it. I just mailed a check to Alzheimer's Association hoping research can at least slow the progression of that terrible illness. I saw firsthand how it can change the mind of so many. If our government kept a small fraction of what it gives to countries that are out to destroy us & gave it to Alzheimer's research progress could be made.
Treating dementia/Alzheimer's is taking a huge amount from our healthcare funding.

Last edited:
Not only the nursing home but the medical field...I'm not going to say it is solely for money, but I watched a good friend die of cancer this summer.....I'm certain if he would have been given the choice to end it all when it got to the point where he knew he was going to die, he would have done that rather than lie in a bed for a couple of weeks suffering....I've never understood why it is inhumane to let your dog suffer, but a human should suffer till the end...

Some states have "right to die" laws. We do in Maine. If you are diagnosed with a terminal illness with a life expectancy of 6 months or less, you can elect a medically induced big sleep. I find it comforting to have that option.

I miss the visits to the nursing home.
My favorite visit to the assisted living facility my Mother was in, was when I asked her if she remembered her Father's name. Her answer was no. Then I asked my Mother if she remembered her Mother's name. Her answer again was no.
So I told her, your Father's name was Dad and your Mother's name was Mom.
I still remember the smile my answer brought to my Mother's face.