Central States Financials -- Help is on the Way

:hyper:
Thank You ,Biden Administration

Sure they will...right after they repeal Obama care..... On another thread you said 2022 that won't happen, nor do I think they are going to strip it away from retirees in 2024...
Wow must of been stoned don’t remember saving anything about Obama care because insurance is why I’m still working, money is no object but hospital bills can take millions away.

Wow must of been stoned don’t remember saving anything about Obama care because insurance is why I’m still working, money is no object but hospital bills can take millions away.
I'm aware of that, see when you refute something it is always good to give examples...I have heard for years they were going to repeal Obama care, big talk at rallies... never happened... typical in politics......the only place I hear people complain about Butch Lewis is on TB, not anywhere in the news...nobody is concerned....won't happen...

So you are still employed at YRC because you need the insurance? You have this job with top notch insurance, yet you feel the need to destroy the customers freight? You are mad at the company, yet you stick around because of the insurance that is better at YRC than it would be at another job? Do you really not see the ignorance in your rationale? You hate the company, yet you depend on the company for great health care. But you feel the need to damage the customers freight. You are aware the customer has nothing to do with your hatred for the company don’t you?

the only place I hear people complain about Butch Lewis is on TB, not anywhere in the news...nobody is concerned....won't happen...
And that is why I stopped replying to or having a conversation with these individuals. They make up bull out of whole cloth. No one is even considered repealing Butch Lewis except a couple of individuals on TB.

And for anyone who is concerned, let me point out that it is much harder to repeal legislation that has passed than it is to pass the bill. Especially when it is legislation that is a promise to citizens.

Last edited:
I'm aware of that, see when you refute something it is always good to give examples...I have heard for years they were going to repeal Obama care, big talk at rallies... never happened... typical in politics......the only place I hear people complain about Butch Lewis is on TB, not anywhere in the news...nobody is concerned....won't happen...
The other side,Never had a plan anyway.They showed no proof.There only jealous ,because they didn’t think of it first.Blowing more smoke and criticism.But yielding no results.

Its usually easier to stop treatment and bury someone rather than **** millions away at a chance of a few more days, weeks or months.
That is the Nursing Home business plan, keep them breathing for one more day. My father-in-law was in a nursing home for 3 years and 2 months after a stroke. $270.00 a day plus meds. He died at 92

That is the Nursing Home business plan, keep them breathing for one more day. My father-in-law was in a nursing home for 3 years and 2 months after a stroke. $270.00 a day plus meds. He died at 92
There is a limit on how long a nursing home can keep a patient in rehab. I think it is 30 days unless the patient/resident show signs of improvement. They then are transferred to regular care. Medicare & Medicaid make the rules.

Not only the nursing home but the medical field...I'm not going to say it is solely for money, but I watched a good friend die of cancer this summer.....I'm certain if he would have been given the choice to end it all when it got to the point where he knew he was going to die, he would have done that rather than lie in a bed for a couple of weeks suffering....I've never understood why it is inhumane to let your dog suffer, but a human should suffer till the end...

There is a limit on how long a nursing home can keep a patient in rehab. I think it is 30 days unless the patient/resident show signs of improvement. They then are transferred to regular care. Medicare & Medicaid make the rules.
Not exactly true. Medicare/Medicaid don't make "the rules" for care. Like all insurance contracts, there are limits on payment. The patient can stay in rehab as long as the bills are paid.

Not exactly true. Medicare/Medicaid don't make "the rules" for care. Like all insurance contracts, there are limits on payment. The patient can stay in rehab as long as the bills are paid.
Not to put words in Doc’s mouth, but I think he meant that the 30 days is all that Medicare/Medicaid will usually pay for rehab if the patient is not improving at that point. If you are paying out of pocket on your own, I am sure they will keep you in rehab for as long as the money keeps coming in. I have yet to have to deal with this situation, and hopefully I never have to. Blade, I am just curious. Was your father-in-law in rehab the full time he was in the nursing home or just in regular care at the nursing home?

Last edited:
Not to put words in Doc’s mouth, but I think he meant that the 30 days is all that Medicare/Medicaid will usually pay for rehab if the patient is not improving at that point. If you are paying out of pocket on your own, I am sure they will keep you in rehab for as long as the money keeps coming in. I have yet to have to deal with this situation, and hopefully I never have to. Blade, I am just curious. Was your father-in-law in rehab the full time he was in the nursing home or just in regular care at the nursing home?
That is what I meant to say that there is a limit on time Medicare/Medicaid will pay for rehab. I think some states have different rules. I have known several who were in the local nursing home. The staff & probably a state official evaluate the patient's progress to determine if that patient would benefit by more therapy.
Also if the patient is not able to pay for care, the facility has the authority to seize their property/assets. There is a time limit, I think 7 years a person can transfer property to a relative before they are admitted to avoid the long term care facility seizure of assets. A neighbor is in a long term care facility. She said her attorney did not advise her properly several years ago. She has limited funds but her property is worth well into the 6 figures. As of now her family cannot lawfully own the property. I assume they will be able to purchase the property at the time of her death if the bill is paid at the nursing home.
I have been paying for long term care insurance for several years. It is expensive & I hope I never have to collect a dime. I prefer not to live in a facility but we don't know what the future will bring as to our health or accidents.
I have spent many hours visiting the local nursing home over the years. The church I attend has done Sunday morning services there for many years. It has been rewarding to meet older & sometimes not so old people who have resided there.

Last edited:
He was originally in assisted living for about 2 years. It was amazing and he loved it there with people from his generation and it was affordable. He then had a stroke, was in a wheelchair, and needed skilled nursing care. He had extensive rehab work for about a month and a half but like all stroke patients, he plateaued and hit a wall. After that, he had basic physical therapy as required by Ohio law. That lasted for about 3 years until another stroke took him.

He was originally in assisted living for about 2 years. It was amazing and he loved it there with people from his generation and it was affordable. He then had a stroke, was in a wheelchair, and needed skilled nursing care. He had extensive rehab work for about a month and a half but like all stroke patients, he plateaued and hit a wall. After that, he had basic physical therapy as required by Ohio law. That lasted for about 3 years until another stroke took him.
Blade, I am so sorry for your’s and your wife’s loss. I hope that I can live to be 92, but only if I can remain mobile and happy.

Blade, I am so sorry for your’s and your wife’s loss. I hope that I can live to be 92, but only if I can remain mobile and happy.
Quality of life is as important to me as quantity. I have seen residents in nursing homes who were content to be there since it was their only option & others who were miserable. Mental health in a nursing is very important maintaining physical health. The local nursing facility has restricted access since the Wuhan virus first hit. I don't know now what the visitor restrictions are since I have not had access to it. The flu was always a threat in the winter months even though the residents were had flu vaccinations. The last I knew about visitor policy was the facility put an air tight plexiglass booth just outside the entrance where family could visit but not have physical contact.
Every time the virus is mentioned I still get angry with this administration for not holding China responsible for this worldwide disaster.