Central States Insurance in Retirement

Homesick

Retired
Credits
Does anyone have any information on the insurance offered by Central States after retirement? I know you must have 20 years vested in Central States, that at age 65 you must apply for Medicare, and that Central States offers a supplemental plan.

But there is a lot I don't know, for example is the plan and the supplement any good? Is it better than can be purchased through AARP or bought on the open market? Do most people who are eligible use the insurance or do they purchase it somewhere else? And any questions I have not thought of.

Does anyone have any information on the insurance offered by Central States after retirement? I know you must have 20 years vested in Central States, that at age 65 you must apply for Medicare, and that Central States offers a supplemental plan.

But there is a lot I don't know, for example is the plan and the supplement any good? Is it better than can be purchased through AARP or bought on the open market? Do most people who are eligible use the insurance or do they purchase it somewhere else? And any questions I have not thought of.
I have Teamstar prescription insurance. It is more costly than others & like most prescription plans & you have to meet a deductible. But it paid well when I was in the hospital a while back.

That doesn't sound good. Thanks. I had a friend who retired at age 66 who said he could get better insurance through AARP. I was not sure it was true.

Go to MyTeamCare.org or call 1-800-832-6227. Have your TeamCare card handy with your identification number to simplify the process. They should be able to answer any questions you may have brother.