CF name taken by Con-Way

flstc2000

TB Regular
Credits
It finally happened ... as I read on the Con-Way forum, the company has changed their name to Conway Freight .... or CF.
Quess that is what they always wanted, CF to be non-union !

trucker4cf said:
Its Blatent i tell you.
really tho, what does it matter? do you think people are gonna say, hey, that cf company with the garbage equipment is back, let's ship with them!! they aren't puttin cf on anything, everything sez con-way. it's time to let it go and move on.:tribehasspoken:

badlionsfan said:
really tho, what does it matter? do you think people are gonna say, hey, that cf company with the garbage equipment is back, let's ship with them!! they aren't puttin cf on anything, everything sez con-way. it's time to let it go and move on.:tribehasspoken:
Just getting some activity going here .....
Don't take it to heart. CF was a great job and many of my fellow workers still talk about it. We were a family, that's a hard thing to lose when though no fault of your own your family is taken away.
Bottom line ... DON'T TRUST CORPORATE AMERICA !

trucker4cf said:
watch what you say about conway you will get kicked off this board.

Why do you say that trucker4cf? Nobody has ever been banned for expressing their opinions.

badlionsfan said:
or have just decided to not be ashamed of who they were.:chairshot:
What they did was legal .... and planned for many years. That was to remove the union from the CF empire.
Nothing to be ashamed of ... just corporate america at it's finest !

trucker4cf said:
cfer i got nailed for expressing my opinion. I wont say anymore.

trucker4cf, I assure you that you would not have been banned for expressing your opinion.
The way you expressed it may have violated the rules but offering differing views does not get someone banned

Justice said:
what does con-way stand for? abbreviation of consolidated and freightway?
no it doesn't.
take for what it is.i was told it stood for doing things the consolidated way (con-way)

or doing things the CONsolidated freight WAY. point is the old cf is gone, sianara sista, adios muchasos, so long, fare well, stick a fork in it. if they did start plastering cf on everything, would it bring your job back? would you get that warm fuzzy feeling again? i doubt it. the old cf had it's run, couldn't evolve with the times, and got left behind. happens every day, and will continue to happen as long as capitolism exisists

But it was the master plan of Jer Det to get rid of CF from the get go. He told me himself at orientation, many years ago.

If Leland could see what they did he'd be pretty po'ed ...especially if they left any money on the table...NEVER STAND STILL ...great book on the idea's and business plans needed to complete the transition from GREAT TO GREEDY ...

Greed has a way of hurting those that let it take over. Yes con-way was planned to get rid of cf. Now con-way has the same mindset . I do not feel sorry for those that are in so called power at the top. Let the chips fall where they may. I have a lot of freinds that got hurt when cf closed. All I ask is that people start to understand what is happening in front of them, and not be quiet or say that it don`t matter, that the company is going to do what it wants to. There is a old movie out called the power of one. Alot of people need to watch it.