CF name taken by Con-Way

A book that is out of print and unavailable may command a high price.
Look a little closer at the Amazon web page and you will see a used book for $50.00 !

Hi Everybody! I guess you can call me a wanna be CF'R. Long story short. About 20 years ago, with small kids, and a stay at home Wife, I needed a JOB, with good benefits etc. etc. Always respected what CF ( Trucking) stood for, applied there first, got turned down for an accident within the last year, went to every other Union LTL carrier in the area, same story. As a last resort, I looked in the phone book, and saw CCX phone # . They grilled me about the accident, and gave me a chance. I do thank them for that. Not the best place I've ever worked, but for sure way better than most.
I do not want to argue politics, I have been forming many of my own in the last few years.
I just ordered the book, and can't wait to read it.
Used Books, Used Textbooks, Rare & Out-of-Print Books at Alibris currently has one for $13.69
AbeBooks: New & Used Books, Textbooks, Rare & Out of Print Books has one for $23.95
Powells Books - Used, New, and Out of Print has one for the same price as abe.
Hope this helps, long winded, longtime ltl.

looks like this site is no more

Why do you say that ?
Have the folks who purchased the insurance though CF, under the Employee's Benefit Association, received a bankruptcy notice ?
This is different from the main CF bankruptcy case and perhaps could lead to a few more dollars paid out as this case moves though the court.

Hey everyone:
Received a " Proof of Claim " form in the mail yesterday for the bankruptcy action against CF Employee's Benifit Association.
Have to study this form, perhaps call the lawyer listed and ask some questions. It would appear if anyone has paid into the EBA then you may have an " Unsecured Priority Claim " in this action.

Hey everyone:
Received a " Proof of Claim " form in the mail yesterday for the bankruptcy action against CF Employee's Benifit Association.
Have to study this form, perhaps call the lawyer listed and ask some questions. It would appear if anyone has paid into the EBA then you may have an " Unsecured Priority Claim " in this action.

I received my Proof of clailm form today.
I was a EBA member for 25 years.Maybe I get enough to take my wife out for supper.

Some food for thought: Cambell66, Mason Dixon, CF, McClean, Johnson Motor Lines, Pilot, Time DC, Transcon, Central, ETC. I am curious, are these companies under new names? It does seem to puzzel some old union hands as to who was a watching the hen house while all these companies changed names, if they did after deregulation. I do wonder if any body out their will ever be able to bring back the Teamsters Membership to where it once was? Just curious. The National Master Freight Agreement ain't what she used to be, so I am told. I do wonder what it would be like if all the trucking companies were under the National Master Freight Agreement whenever contract negotiations started? That would be powerful. I do remember, I remember walking a pickett line, 3 days later we had a good contract. Man did the owners hate that. Oh well so much for the good ole days.

I don't think it will happen unless we get the employee free choice act passed. Re-regulating everything would really help too. I feel bad for some of these guys who don't even know how good they could have it if they stood together.

i think someday they will come back but not so sure i will see it in my life if it was not for union lines thats left they really be in for it now i think first thing they going to do is cut there pay then the air in the tractors air ride and that just the start i just know the one i like to see them start with first

Conway, CFI, and Illegal Immigrants

It finally happened ... as I read on the Con-Way forum, the company has changed their name to Conway Freight .... or CF.
Quess that is what they always wanted, CF to be non-union !

Not only that, they also own CFI, (I" for international) a NAFTA bred company that will soon be running pell-mell to Canada on a 4-footbal-field-wide superhighway all the way from Mexico.
:butt kiss:
They say the pollution of Mexican sub-standard trucking will be more than all the industries of the U.S. that ever existed running at the same time. You can guarantee that Conway lobbied for the national drivers license for illegal immigrants.
In truth though, all they need is a weak state DMV to get free reign on U.S. highways.

WorldNetDaily: Where illegals go for driver's license

you know if you do away with the I put the the green in the F they got the little cf .and in a few years they can be the mother company and con-way can be on the out side looking in wonder how that happen you know what they say what go around comes around

Could be a Beautiful Thing

you know if you do away with the I put the the green in the F they got the little cf .and in a few years they can be the mother company and con-way can be on the out side looking in wonder how that happen you know what they say what go around comes around

Since they are busting up the unions all over the country, it may become necessary to work out a deal with them to turn it into an employee owned business. You just need some old-timers in there to do the scheduling and dispatch, and then you could all be hell on wheels with a company that would beat all. Good ol' CF, all over again.
:hide:

Jose Figurez strikes again!

This whole NAFTA thing and the company reworkings just makes it easier for them to write all their checks to Jose Figurez come payday. Unfortunately, America is full of traitors to their own next door neighbors and they don't give a hoot about whether you can earn a living or not. Instead they look to foriegn competition and say to themselves "They all work the same to me," which of course we know is not true. But it's the company profit made through unfair currency exchange rates that makes the worst of them look even better than us in their eyes.

jack rudisill

i dont want to jump in middle but i wud like to say to all consolidated freightway x-employees u shud have great pride in working for 1 of trucking greats of all times. i can still see the cabover pulling pups hard as it would go. good luck & happy holidays.

jack rudisill

i worked for akers motor lines inc until it went out of business in fact we were in terminal on reames rd in charlotte nc where yellow is at now. i went to work day i got out of high school & the people there helped raise me. i loved them, still think about them although many r dead now. i cant say i still regret what happened but i will never forget the people & company i worked with. i can completely agree with CF employees u cant take memories away from a person. i still laugh about things that happened at akers. PS- oldtimers watch out for cabover CF pulling doubles it may run over u. tks to all & happy holidays

If you can remember the mighty cf, i remember as a kid taking my dad to work me and my brother i think in hart thats whats set the pace for what you want to do in life. Being so proud of my dad when my dad use to get in them old freightshakers cabover trucks man i tell you what equpment crazy remembering the radio boxes? me and my brother use to help dad hook them cb boxes up, then we would climb down from them trucks seems like we would never get down from them trucks what a company im so glad that my family was part of somthing that will never die ya there is a lot of companys that went under but not like cf to me cf is was like elvis it was the people that maid that company hard working TEAMSTERS and thats why my brother and i are teamsters my dad use to talk about the teamsters to us im gladd he did to me i think cf will always be around they may have taken the company but not the harts of so many my dad passed away in 2004 im so gladd he was there till the end (miss you Dad).

Having been in the working class all my life,union and nonunion, I worked for both cf and con-way. Both of them were just jobs, like all the other ones I have had in many trades. NO ONE ever said to me that I was in a JOB FOR LIFE, like everything else things change and its time to move on with everything. Semi-retired now and loving it.