Yellow | CFO news & Cha-Ching $$$$ , but no hair gel with deal ??

So did Bill Zollars...oh wait he had a buyout in his contract....they wanted to fire him but it was going to cost them (I believe) 12 million...he wouldn't leave even after almost bankrupting the company..another guy who had to "prove his worth every day"
Buyout in his contract? Is he some kind of Football Coach???

So did Bill Zollars...oh wait he had a buyout in his CONTRACT....they wanted to fire him but it was going to cost them (I believe) 12 million...he wouldn't leave even after almost bankrupting the company..another guy who had to "prove his worth every day"
I thought you wanted everyone to have an employment contract.
I thought the company was expected to comply with the terms of the contract.
Why is his contract less valid than yours?
26,000 YRC employees. 12 million comes out to $ 461.00 per worker. So I guess if you guys want an extra 22 cents an hour, it would be totally unacceptable.

26,000 YRC employees. 12 million comes out to $ 461.00 per worker. So I guess if you guys want an extra 22 cents an hour, it would be totally unacceptable.
So using your math and your ridiculous concept, UPS currently has over 260,000 employees. At your rate of $461.00 per worker, then the UPS CEO should be making over $120 million per year. However, the current UPS CEO makes around $14.3 million per year at a rate of $55.00 per worker. I used to think you were a semi-smart guy. But now I see you are just a brain-washed, disgruntled former Teamster who takes issue with organized labor. Even though you draw a monthly check from the Teamsters. Was it because your former company Preston was one of the companies that was bankrupted due to deregulation and you blame the Teamsters for it?

Yes I do think contracts are good...even for management...I never said it wasn't valid...I used your quote (that you knew wasn't true) about Dan Oliver not having a contract to make a point that management has contracts too...not just Teamsters.... I thought you were sharp enough to get that....

Yes I do think contracts are good...even for management...I never said it wasn't valid...I used your quote (that you knew wasn't true) about Dan Oliver not having a contract to make a point that management has contracts too...not just Teamsters.... I thought you were sharp enough to get that....
He must be a dull razorblade. LOL!!!

The blade is quite sharp. READ IT AGAIN.
I never once said that he had no contract. I said he had no union.
Collective bargaining destroys work ethic and incentive. It eliminates the employers ability to maximize productivity by putting the right people in the right jobs. Collectivism allows employees to dictate operational efficiency through seniority. It denies employers the right to reward those who outperform the standard.
I know that you and the Rock are intelligent and articulate and it's understandable that you slip into character assassination when frustrated. I'm no smarter than either of you but I am more forward thinking. A twenty-first century economy cannot operate successfully on rules and standards established in the 1950's. I am often accused of a "you've got yours, screw everyone else" mentality. Luckily, I was born in 1949. I profited from a regulated, unionized industry but very early on, I saw the need to prepare for a time when that system collapsed.
If I can convince even one person on this board to take personal control of their future, I am pleased. The government you blame for destroying union jobs has also put in place the tools necessary to provide for a very comfortable retirement. Tax deferred IRA and 401-K accounts and tax free Health Savings Accounts are within the reach of everyone employed in trucking at any company, all of whom should have a good amount of disposable income. Even Medicare has established Part C Advantage Plans that cost nothing more out of pocket and provide better coverage through private insurance carriers.
Life is choices and planning. If someone made a million dollars over the past ten years and does not have at least $100,000 banked, they have failed.

So using your math and your ridiculous concept, UPS currently has over 260,000 employees. At your rate of $461.00 per worker, then the UPS CEO should be making over $120 million per year. However, the current UPS CEO makes around $14.3 million per year at a rate of $55.00 per worker. I used to think you were a semi-smart guy. But now I see you are just a brain-washed, disgruntled former Teamster who takes issue with organized labor. Even though you draw a monthly check from the Teamsters. Was it because your former company Preston was one of the companies that was bankrupted due to deregulation and you blame the Teamsters for it?
My point is that it should not concern you at all how much a CEO, manager or supervisor is paid. In fact, it's none of your business. Management is a performance based job at every level. It's not your money that pays them. As long as you are paid according to the agreement you have with your employer, how they spend their money is up to them.
Amazing that you would bring up UPS. UPS profits were $1.3 billion in 2020. Are the employees "entitled" to any of that? The answer is absolutely not. Profits belong to the owners/shareholders. If you want to profit from a well managed, successful company, buy it. Better yet, buy 500 companies, invest in an Index Fund.

COLD HARD TRUTH
Employees are tools of production as are trucks and forklifts. It's the senior management that makes a company viable. It's management that sets policies, goals and business strategy. When human labor is too expensive, it will be replaced by automation. In every industry, the goal is better, cheaper, faster. No company was ever created to provide good paying jobs. People invest their capital, time and talent to, hopefully, become wealthy.

The blade is quite sharp. READ IT AGAIN.
I never once said that he had no contract. I said he had no union.
Collective bargaining destroys work ethic and incentive. It eliminates the employers ability to maximize productivity by putting the right people in the right jobs. Collectivism allows employees to dictate operational efficiency through seniority. It denies employers the right to reward those who outperform the standard.
I know that you and the Rock are intelligent and articulate and it's understandable that you slip into character assassination when frustrated. I'm no smarter than either of you but I am more forward thinking. A twenty-first century economy cannot operate successfully on rules and standards established in the 1950's. I am often accused of a "you've got yours, screw everyone else" mentality. Luckily, I was born in 1949. I profited from a regulated, unionized industry but very early on, I saw the need to prepare for a time when that system collapsed.
If I can convince even one person on this board to take personal control of their future, I am pleased. The gove
No actually you did say he didn't have a contract... you said he was "at will" that means no contract...you know that he has safeguards in there against termination meaning either a guaranteed contract where he gets paid if terminated, or a buyout...my work ethic and job performance don't change whether I'm in a union or non union job....I would hardly call saying "I thought you were sharper than that"..."character assassination"....nor would I say SOR cracking a joke at your expense is that either...do you think since you are often accused of something that it possibly is true? ..you actually one time recently accused me of not saving for my future, hating the wealthy, buying all sorts of new toys and vehicles, none of which was true, as a matter of fact I traded in my 2004 Dodge Ram in 2020 for a much newer truck...A 2018 regular cab base truck that I owe no money on...I have made less than the million (more like 700,000) in the last ten years and I have saved far more than the 100,000 that you talked about...and as I said before I have an IRA, but sorry I already did this before you came along...

My point is that it should not concern you at all how much a CEO, manager or supervisor is paid. In fact, it's none of your business. Management is a performance based job at every level. It's not your money that pays them. As long as you are paid according to the agreement you have with your employer, how they spend their money is up to them.
You were the one concerned about it by breaking down how much Zollars pay is per employee and making it your business.
Amazing that you would bring up UPS. UPS profits were $1.3 billion in 2020. Are the employees "entitled" to any of that? The answer is absolutely not. Profits belong to the owners/shareholders. If you want to profit from a well managed, successful company, buy it. Better yet, buy 500 companies, invest in an Index Fund.
The Teamsters bargain very good contracts for the UPS employees because they are so profitable. So yes, those profits do make a difference when the contract is negotiated with better pay and benefits.

COLD HARD TRUTH
Employees are tools of production as are trucks and forklifts. It's the senior management that makes a company viable. It's management that sets policies, goals and business strategy. When human labor is too expensive, it will be replaced by automation. In every industry, the goal is better, cheaper, faster. No company was ever created to provide good paying jobs. People invest their capital, time and talent to, hopefully, become wealthy.
It is just as important if not more so to have quality, well trained employees to make the company viable. While I agree that management is necessary, they cannot make a company profitable without the proper employees to do so.
You should probably come to the realization that you earned your living as a working grunt like the rest of us. You were never upper management or CEO of a company. You were just a common freight hand just like the rest of us. Only difference is that you bit the very hand that was, and is still feeding you by turning your back on the Teamsters and labor in general. But nice speech there anyway, HYPOCRITES.

Last edited:
You should probably come to the realization that you earned your living as a working grunt like the rest of us. You were never upper management or CEO of a company. You were just a common freight hand just like the rest of us. Only difference is that you bit the very hand that was, and is still feeding you by turning your back on the Teamsters and labor in general. But nice speech there anyway, HYPOCRITES.
Grunt by choice.
Preston Trucking offered me several management positions. Linehaul supervisor, safety supervisor and regional human resources director.
I earned my living as a working grunt but I accumulated wealth through sacrifice, saving and investing. I chose not to live paycheck to paycheck but to use a portion of those checks to secure my future without depending on promises from the Teamsters or anyone else.
At one time personal responsibility was a core value in The United States. It appears that values have disappeared in favor of the entitlement mentality. Nothing is the fault of the individual. Nobody has ever made bad choices. Everyone is entitled to free everything. All are the victims of corporate greed or government. Those who have chosen training and education must be punished for being successful. The rich are evil and rich means anyone who has more than you.

No actually you did say he didn't have a contract... you said he was "at will" that means no contract...you know that he has safeguards in there against termination meaning either a guaranteed contract where he gets paid if terminated, or a buyout...my work ethic and job performance don't change whether I'm in a union or non union job....I would hardly call saying "I thought you were sharper than that"..."character assassination"....nor would I say SOR cracking a joke at your expense is that either...do you think since you are often accused of something that it possibly is true? ..you actually one time recently accused me of not saving for my future, hating the wealthy, buying all sorts of new toys and vehicles, none of which was true, as a matter of fact I traded in my 2004 Dodge Ram in 2020 for a much newer truck...A 2018 regular cab base truck that I owe no money on...I have made less than the million (more like 700,000) in the last ten years and I have saved far more than the 100,000 that you talked about...and as I said before I have an IRA, but sorry I already did this before you came along...
This is silly. "At will" means exactly that. He served at the will of the board of directors. He could terminated and he was. His contract had guarantees but he had no recourse through arbitration to prevent his firing.
Responsible money management is to applauded. I would have to see the post because I seriously doubt that I accused you of reckless spending. No doubt, It was in response to your post but a generalization not a personal attack. Do you really believe that the majority of your piers are as responsible as you? If they were, this board would reflect that. There would be no claims of losing homes because the pension was reduced and no crying poor.

Grunt by choice.
Preston Trucking offered me several management positions. Linehaul supervisor, safety supervisor and regional human resources director.
I earned my living as a working grunt but I accumulated wealth through sacrifice, saving and investing. I chose not to live paycheck to paycheck but to use a portion of those checks to secure my future without depending on promises from the Teamsters or anyone else.
At one time personal responsibility was a core value in The United States. It appears that values have disappeared in favor of the entitlement mentality. Nothing is the fault of the individual. Nobody has ever made bad choices. Everyone is entitled to free everything. All are the victims of corporate greed or government. Those who have chosen training and education must be punished for being successful. The rich are evil and rich means anyone who has more than you.
And what makes you think everybody on Trucking Boards lives paycheck to paycheck? I would dare to guess that the majority on here probably have a 401k and/or other investments as well. You act as though you are the only person that ever saved to supplement their retirement. And I don't know what you are talking about when you say "Nobody has ever made bad choices" or "Everyone is entitled to free everything". Where do you come up with this stuff? I can assure you that I have made more than my share of bad choices over the years. And if I were "entitled to free everything", I certainly would not be working my butt off 50 to 60 hours a week to earn a living. And as far as our free health care, you know full well it is not free. We give on other parts of our contract (wages, PTO, etc., etc.) in order to get our health care paid for. Today's workers might have DIFFERENT values than you did in your day, but that does not mean they have none. Times have changed. And apparently you haven't.

This is silly. "At will" means exactly that. He served at the will of the board of directors. He could terminated and he was. His contract had guarantees but he had no recourse through arbitration to prevent his firing.
Responsible money management is to applauded. I would have to see the post because I seriously doubt that I accused you of reckless spending. No doubt, It was in response to your post but a generalization not a personal attack. Do you really believe that the majority of your piers are as responsible as you? If they were, this board would reflect that. There would be no claims of losing homes because the pension was reduced and no crying poor.
I guess that we have a bit of a difference of opinion here...you seem to think that getting fired with no recourse is much worse than having recourse....that would be true if there wasn't a 12 million dollar difference in outcomes.... I know if my company wanted to get rid of me and they offered me 12 million to just leave and not arbitrate, I would take it before the door hit me on the butt on the way out...yes I do feel most are responsible... you are only hearing from the suffering members...human nature....