XPO | CGO Restructuring

Woo74

TB Lurker
Credits
******** Please post in your news center and share with all employees. ********

Fri Sep 17, 2010

RE: General Office Workforce Reductions

As part of our recovery plan for Con-way Freight and our focus on getting back to the basics, we have conducted an assessment of general office operations and the staffing and support activities of the various CGO departments.

Based on this assessment, today we have restructured several departments at CGO. This has resulted in the elimination of some positions and the reassignment of other positions.

The primary departments where the reductions occurred were in Marketing, Business Intelligence, Operations Analytics and Lean Six Sigma. In total, ten (10) CGO positions were eliminated as well as six (6) positions in the Portland Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) group. Another ten (10) positions are being reassigned to existing open positions at field locations or within other departments. Lastly, 14 other positions currently open due to attrition will not be filled.

One key component of getting our balance back is to ensure that our general office staff is aligned with the needs of the field. The primary mission of our general office staff is to be ENABLERS and SUPPORTERS for our workforce in the field. CGO’s focus is to:
1. Deliver services to the network which make business sense to have on a centralized basis;
2. Provide these services as efficiently and cost effectively as possible;
3. Be a responsive resource that provides effective direction and solutions that help the field implement strategies successfully, and remove roadblocks to superior customer service and efficient operations.

The changes announced today are consistent with this focus and are designed to provide our professionals in the field with the best general office service and support to achieve success.

Regards,

Doug S.

They’d save more money if they eliminated the mentally handicapped personnel they have working in linehaul. It would be real simple to do. Give each coordinator a list of fac’s in two states and have them set up some fictitious via’s. Anyone who sets up a via more than 1 ½ hour out of the drivers way gets wacked. Anyone who sets up a via more that 2 to 3 hours out of the way and gets the driver back to his home domicile after 10:45am gets a ball kicking by a driver then gets wacked.

Last edited by a moderator:
******** Please post in your news center and share with all employees. ********

Fri Sep 17, 2010

RE: General Office Workforce Reductions

As part of our recovery plan for Con-way Freight and our focus on getting back to the basics, we have conducted an assessment of general office operations and the staffing and support activities of the various CGO departments.

Based on this assessment, today we have restructured several departments at CGO. This has resulted in the elimination of some positions and the reassignment of other positions.

The primary departments where the reductions occurred were in Marketing, Business Intelligence, Operations Analytics and Lean Six Sigma. In total, ten (10) CGO positions were eliminated as well as six (6) positions in the Portland Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) group. Another ten (10) positions are being reassigned to existing open positions at field locations or within other departments. Lastly, 14 other positions currently open due to attrition will not be filled.

One key component of getting our balance back is to ensure that our general office staff is aligned with the needs of the field. The primary mission of our general office staff is to be ENABLERS and SUPPORTERS for our workforce in the field. CGO’s focus is to:
1. Deliver services to the network which make business sense to have on a centralized basis;
2. Provide these services as efficiently and cost effectively as possible;
3. Be a responsive resource that provides effective direction and solutions that help the field implement strategies successfully, and remove roadblocks to superior customer service and efficient operations.

The changes announced today are consistent with this focus and are designed to provide our professionals in the field with the best general office service and support to achieve success.

Regards,

Doug S.

I spit my coffee everywhere when I saw we had a Business Intelligence Department. It's quite obvious that department never accomplished anything!

I spit my coffee everywhere when I saw we had a Business Intelligence Department. It's quite obvious that department never accomplished anything!

In the past few years using Business Intelligent Department and Con-Way in the same sentence is a Oxymoron . This is the first time in years they have started doing something up there and I actually am setting here with HOPE .

It's quite obvious you don't have a slightest clue, do you?

Your house is in michigan .. this is my house .... dont come in here in my house and be disrespectful ... try and explain what the business intelligence dept was(is) instead of acting like a knucklehead ...

Your house is in michigan .. this is my house .... dont come in here in my house and be disrespectful ... try and explain what the business intelligence dept was(is) instead of acting like a knucklehead ...

Here is a guess.

This is not intelligence in the 'smart' genre...it is intelliegence in the sense of gathering information.

In other words keeping an eye on your competion and whats going on in the industry.

Rat

we had an intell. dept when I was in vietnam and we figured it out who they were talking about....4 guys in a brick building 20 ft underground.... they declared their wasnt any activity in the area we went out were ambushed by 200 people that wern't there.... we might be in trouble....

Business Intelligence is an application allows you to create and run reports based on several variables. Very useful tool if you ask me.