chain delivery

2wheeldriver

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone have any insight or thoughts of what the routes in Greenville South Carolina are like. Just curious what the route lengths are or a ball park on cases and stops are lIke. Thanks for any input.

50ft trailer usually (sometimes a 28' it depends) routes vary from 1-2 and 3 day routes anywhere from 20,000-40,000lbs.

GFS does Red Robbin, Bob Evans, Bravo, PF Changs, a bunch of the big name hotels and various other chains I can't think of or name them all because some are only located in shopping malls yadda yadda yadda.
Here check it out.

Thanks MikeJ I have watched all the videos thinking of applying bug I live 100 miles away not sure if they would consider me. I guess I could apply and see.

Let's just say the company is not what it once was. Alot of benefits gone. I hear Gordon foods actually still cares some for there drivers.

We have profit sharing and retirement which they push pretty heavy and okay health insurance I guess. We also have all kinds of other perks so many that it's hard to take advantage of them all, like discounts on you're cell phone bill and discounts at Bass Pro Shop and stuff like that.

The perk that I really really really like and use is the 10% off every item at the GFS Store. It's at the point almost now where my mom is considering giving up her membership to Costco, because of my employee discounts at GFS.

Let's just say the company is not what it once was. Alot of benefits gone. I hear Gordon foods actually still cares some for there drivers.
I know it. There are times I honestly think they just don't like us very much.
I know a guy who is (or at least was, been a couple months since we've talked) working for GFS out of a drop site here.
Loves it...but they're never hiring...because nobody quits.
Work is work, and no place is perfect, but I want that feeling back. 6-7yrs ago thought I had it made. Now the days have gotten so long on the weekends my kids almost act surprised to see me.

Yes the days are long and all we here is scanning is low idle is high overspeed is high am/pm is high nothing about good job.

The give us money every year to buy new uniforms from the company store.
Today I had a long one I felt like Lazlo for the first 7 stops of the day my trailer was so packed I couldn't even get my two wheeler inside of it I was just sliding cases down the ramp.

I200-1400 sounds right to me about 40,000lbs on the over night runs. However we have guys that do chain routes in 28' trailers that stay out a night in a hotel as well. I know there's a guy who does Bob Evans who runs in a 28' and stays the night at the Hampton Inn and then there's another guy who runs down town and does the Tilted Kilt (I forgot the Tilted Kilt was one of ours) and he also pulls a 28' I don't know if he goes out stays the night and then drives back empty the next day.

However there are 40,000lbs routes that go out for 2 days and run in a 50'. A common miss conception at GFS though is that the chain guys all pull volume trailers. The majority do pull volume trailers, but I've seen plenty of chain guys pulling 28' too.