Central Transport | Change of mind after meeting.

otrpetercar777

TB Lurker
Credits
Remember I have issues and look at things in a different way. I don't claim to know everything , my wife will assure you that I don't! I am not management, I am a driver. I dirve out of Wichitia Kansas, linehaul, to Minniapolis. My name is Mike. Now that I am not hinding under the cover of the internet here we go. For the the few that know me, I am a stand up guy. There isn't a grey area just black or white. I know that I will take alot of heat over this so, if you have my number call me,if you see me talk to me and you can email me also on this site.
Some of you need to call George Norri about all these company consperoy therorys. (george is a late night talk so host that talks about goverment cover ups and is a real whack job)
I feel that alot of us aren't unhappy with the company just pissed cuz we are all alittle burnt out. I am one of them. If some of us myself at times included, would spend half the time helping fix the problems instead of complaining about them well it might help. How about instead of jumping on here and crying try taking the time to email the company on the "in touch". Just like here you can cry and complain without leaving a name. I would suggest leaving a name and what terminal your out of that way someone can talk to you. Leaving posts on here about how bad you have it isn't going to inform upper management about problems. We all have complaints. Why not tell them off a issue and recommend a way to fix it? If you have a problem with your bid talk to someone. You know I emailed them last month and had a pow wow with my boss, did it help anything? Alittle. One of the things that I wanted was more communication good or bad tell me something. Guess what? Newsletter starts this fall. Hell we got a letter 2 weeks after my meeting. Did I have anything to do with it, I would like to think so. Tell them a problem, your idea to fix it, highlight something they are doing right. I would hope that if enough people voiced there ideas or problems that something would be fixed. Some us work out of small terminals or in small towns and we stay here cuz there isn't anything better at the moment, yep I am one of them. So why not either make the best of it or try to change it? I want the same pay as the Vitran drivers. Was I making it on what Chris D. was paying me? Yep? Am I making it now? Yep. Do I want more money? Yep. Am I jealous of the pay rate of the Vitran boys? Yep. Would I take another job elsewhere should the oppprtunity comes around? Yep. News flash! Somebody is always going to have it better than you, best thing you can do is either better yourself or just not worry about the other guy!

I know by posting this I become a nice target of opportunity for slander. I don't care bring it on! I have a good idea that I will recieve not one phone call,face to face or email about his subject. I will be call a A$$ kisser,company man, sipping on koolaid. Int the time that it takes you to post you smarta$$ responses you could have voiced it to the company. bUT, MOST OF YOU WILL NOT DO THAT! YOU WILL CONTINUE TO BADGER ME AND OTHERS. YOU WILL TAKE A SIDE OF THE KNITTING CIRCLE AND CRY WITH YOUR OWN TYPE OF PEOPLE.

Let the typing abuse commence.

And those of you who don't have the "In Touch" number, just call linehaul or HR and ask for the number. You don't have to leave your name. Its a anwering service that is reported to Vitran Corp, it usually takes them 3 working days to investigate the problem. The only thing I can say is don't tell people around you that your going to call because when the s#^t starts flying management is going to try and figure out who called in them. Make sure your complaint (message) makes sense, no incomplete and a possible solution to the problem if you have one. Just like OTRP said "If some of us would spend half of the time finding the solutions instead of complaining SOME of these problems can be fix.
Oh yeah if you are having mechanical problems don't fix them yourself, just drive it until it breaks then jump into the next vitran chris sierra pjax quast overland piece of equipment.LOL

What OTR said is 100% true, however I have been with the company for 4 years now thru Vitran's acquisition of PJAX and never knew that there was such a thing as the in touch line. I appreciate the info and plan to use it, as many of you may know it is desperately needed in grr.

I tryed to goto the company about issues and got a ass chewin from the treminal manager. I was told to keep it in house . The way you are explaning has been tryed here and corp called our terminal manager on the driver . Trying to change is good but no changes will happin here as long as the market is like it is .

[quote author=WrenchMonkey link=topic=80445.msg834054#msg834054 date=1275231509]
I tryed to goto the company about issues and got a ass chewin from the treminal manager. I was told to keep it in house . The way you are explaning has been tryed here and corp called our terminal manager on the driver . Trying to change is good but no changes will happin here as long as the market is like it is .
[/quote] you hit the nail on the head wrenchmonkey

[quote author=simple723 link=topic=80445.msg832620#msg832620 date=1274735958]
You don't have to leave your name.
The only thing I can say is don't tell people around you that your going to call because when the s#^t starts flying management is going to try and figure out who called in them.
[/quote]
For everyone else please follow those special instructions.

[quote author=speedracer21 link=topic=80445.msg834112#msg834112 date=1275253914]
[quote author=WrenchMonkey link=topic=80445.msg834054#msg834054 date=1275231509]
[/quote] you hit the nail on the head wrenchmonkey
[/quote]
For the sake of arguement. Most changes dosen't cost any money, but streamlines operations. Lol we have all got the butt rippings big deal. The reason your TM wants things done in house is it makes him look bad when people call in. How bad do you think it was for me when I called in? The president of the southwest division did my meeting, at times I made him look really bad. I have been ripped by better men for far worse infractions. Laughing at them really irritates them, I also would tell you to sit there with a grin on your face, it really makes them mad. If their actions or lack there of makes your job and that of your fellow co-workers bad/hard, well why not make them look bad,incompotent or lazy.