ABF | change of operation

shrink wrap

TB Lurker
Credits
stories floating around driver breakrooms about an upcoming change involving Jackson. Orlando,wythville and a few others. not trying to stir the pot, just trying to see if anyone can support or deny what the company has in mind. as drivers we are usually the last to know. maybe someone can clarify.....

I was told today that there was a hearing requested for November involving Atlanta, Jackson, Shreveport, Dallas, and Orlando....

Carlisle and Knoxville. Only 2 city drivers there. City will be covered by Roanoke VA
Two city drivers? Wouldn’t that be a cozy little operation. So, two poor souls are gonna have to drive a few hundred miles per day just to cover a city route?

qwuUr1J.jpg

Where can we find a copy of the change or can someone post it
I have a copy of the southern region change of operation but my internet connection won't let me upload it (deer season here in Georgia and I'm currently up a tree in a swamp) but I will try early next week. If you have a specific question I can look it up.

I have a copy of the southern region change of operation but my internet connection won't let me upload it (deer season here in Georgia and I'm currently up a tree in a swamp) but I will try early next week. If you have a specific question I can look it up.
I have a good friend who lives near Dalton...you anywhere close?

That -9 will get a couple of our X-Holland guys in Memphis that went over to ABF. What ever happened to Memphis expansion?

The Memphis expansion & closing of the Little Rock terminal was proposed by Roy Slagle many think to spite the Little Rock terminal probably over their no votes on the last contract. That proposal caused a lot of experienced employees on the dock & shop to leave & take jobs elsewhere. The company still has difficulty attracting employees to replace them. They didn't want to leave the Little Rock area because that is where they have homes/family.
There is not enough acreage at the current Memphis terminal for the needed expansion. I expect to see the company acquire land & & build a breakbulk in the Memphis/Southaven area in the future when I 69 is completed.
Roy suddenly announced his retirement & was gone the same week.