ABF | Change of operations approved

I'm sure the new UE runs will be hourly so mileage won't matter much...
After I left Roadway, they did a COO and added a bunch of "velocity" positions at eol terminals. I believe they were still Mileage runs at that time. A fellow transferred down here from Atlanta and when they decided that those runs weren't efficient and did away with them, he was stuck in the city with no right of return. He had always been a road driver and wasn't familiar with the area here to boot. After a few months of trying to adjust he took early retirement and moved back to the Atlanta area. Once you take that city bid (ue) you never know when they will change or do away with it. UE bids are part of the regular city bidding process and can be changed or eliminated without a COO.

I'm sure the new UE runs will be hourly so mileage won't matter much...
After I left Roadway, they did a COO and added a bunch of "velocity" positions at eol terminals. I believe they were still Mileage runs at that time. A fellow transferred down here from Atlanta and when they decided that those runs weren't efficient and did away with them, he was stuck in the city with no right of return. He had always been a road driver and wasn't familiar with the area here to boot. After a few months of trying to adjust he took early retirement and moved back to the Atlanta area. Once you take that city bid (ue) you never know when they will change or do away with it. UE bids are part of the regular city bidding process and can be changed or eliminated without a COO.
Not only that but,in our area agreement we have single line seniority so if you follow your work as a road driver and think your going to hold a road job or U.E. Bid and don't have a lot of seniority,you better think again.It use to be if you followed your work under a COO then you would hold that position for 9 months or untill the next annual bid.After That you would be fair game to the job bidding process.

I have heard after a couple weeks, the company has submitted proper numbers for change for the linehaul portion including all terminals, chicago, etc.. rd 2 so to speak. May meeting.

You keep talking about balls of brass guy.. where is our Teamster Unity.. teen drama?
That is a good question but you don't know the story. This guy hasn't even come over yet and he is already causing trouble. The last thing a guy coming over in a COO should be doing is making enemies before he even comes over. Let alone before the bids are even up. An introduction and a handshake would be in order, not complaining and making accusations before he even has the bid. I don't think the whole pile of dirty laundry should be aired out this way so I'll just leave it at that.
There is always more to the story than meets the eye.

That is a good question but you don't know the story. This guy hasn't even come over yet and he is already causing trouble. The last thing a guy coming over in a COO should be doing is making enemies before he even comes over. Let alone before the bids are even up. An introduction and a handshake would be in order, not complaining and making accusations before he even has the bid. I don't think the whole pile of dirty laundry should be aired out this way so I'll just leave it at that.
There is always more to the story than meets the eye.
Thank you ABFer, I'm glad I seen your reply before I posted....

No teen drama here. we accept what changes are coming and honor his seniority. It's hard to say that he is a Teamster brother when said person called h/r at the fort and voiced concern over something that had absolutely nothing to do with him. The sad part is, he has been to the terminal countless times, has been in the break room countless times,he knows what was in there. He could have voiced his "concern" to his shop steward and it could have been handled thru the local

No teen drama here. we accept what changes are coming and honor his seniority. It's hard to say that he is a Teamster brother when said person called h/r at the fort and voiced concern over something that had absolutely nothing to do with him. The sad part is, he has been to the terminal countless times, has been in the break room countless times,he knows what was in there. He could have voiced his "concern" to his shop steward and it could have been handled thru the local
Yep, he could definitely behaved like a man and had our respect but to carry on the way he has and he's not even here yet is way out of line. I would think that by the time he's reached his age he would know how to handle himself and not come around acting like he's the new king in town.

We were told today that only one change is going to happen. That is one u.e. to 184. Could this be true ? One change out of everything ? We are not that busy to be the only terminal to get a change. We will get with the steward ( some people go thru their union first ) And then get with the B.A. Does anyone know what is going on ? Am i speaking out of line here? Something we at 184 are missing ? The rumors are flying around at the terminal.

We were told today that only one change is going to happen. That is one u.e. to 184. Could this be true ? One change out of everything ? We are not that busy to be the only terminal to get a change. We will get with the steward ( some people go thru their union first ) And then get with the B.A. Does anyone know what is going on ? Am i speaking out of line here? Something we at 184 are missing ? The rumors are flying around at the terminal.
It sounds to me like ebark63 knows what he is talking about and I would expect this until/unless you get credible word to the contrary.
Received certified letter today from ABF. Bid notice To Carlisle road and local cartage employees. Transfer bid - multi region ue change. Bids remain posted till April 15 and start May 8th. Successful bidder to the ue position will hold that bid for 9 months or until local cartage bids again at that point an employee that has more seniority can take that bid. Person transferring to local cartage gives up his or her seniority at Carlisle and it looks like they will dovetail into local seniority board. 5 positions as follows: 1 to Baltimore, 2 to Carlstadt, 1 to Scranton and 1 to Vincentown. Then they list the local seniority board for all four locations.

I would like to know how much money was wasted between flights, hotels,food, ect. All to move one person....

Yeah.........Our B.A.flew to Kansas City, just to hear ten minutes into the meeting: "Never mind"........ Wasn't like he was going to some exotic hot spot,........he said he could hear roosters crowing behind the hotel in the morning.......

But, still,.......What a waste of time and money......

Someone should be held accountable,....... But I guess that would be like ......uhh......taking responsibility........ And,...we can't have that!

Good Grief, yes.......As caustic and opinionated as he was,........I kind of feel sorry for him, having done the O/O thing myself.........
My sentiments exactly. I can't imagine going from an $80,000+ job where you have something of a voice to a $25,000-$30,000 job where you'll sit down and shut up if you know what's good for you because everyone has control over your livelihood but you.

Seems like a spite move because of the letter of protest that was filed against the change....Na that would never happen....

Seems like a spite move because of the letter of protest that was filed against the change....Na that would never happen....
I'm telling ya, that letter of protest was a joke to them, it had no meaning, carried no weight, they don't care about it.

I'm telling ya, that letter of protest was a joke to them, it had no meaning, carried no weight, they don't care about it.
just seems kind of ironic from 18 driver change down to a one driver change .... Has to be coincidence