New Penn | change of ops. letter for NPME

A national carrier will never be as profitable or have an or as good as a regional. Never..no matter how well they operate. There is too much cost. YRC came from losing $2B a year to reducing cost to a point they are about to eek out a profit. And all this in a major economic depression. You don't grow to the size of a Roadway-Yellow unless you know this game and can play it well.

playingpool.gif

they play this game well, bro​

but the regionals are turning a slightly better OR and we are doing next day and national with each other

Playing the game and wining the game are two different stories.Eek out a profit?? What an EBITDA profit!!The only reason they are still in the game,(barely) are the employees that have made the sacrifice!

Don't think Joe would know about the givebacks as he is retired..All he does is preaching his yes agenda...

Yeah but don't forget who they are using for the long haul "Glen Moore""

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think Joe would know about the givebacks as he is retired..All he does is preaching his yes agenda...

You're right I got a raise every year I was there but life is not fair
and no, I don't want to see New Penn go out or have any job loss
but yes I think a no vote will cost jobs at New Penn..your call, bro

you know..speculation is the mother of all evil..Zollars made a huge bet with borrowed money and leveraged out the system to the max with debt..somebody has to pay that
images
off
too bad it's always the workers

Be careful you don't have to shine shoes the day Holland doesn't make money cause you may not be skilled at anything else. You would never ever find a post on YRC bashing New Penn or Holland. Everyone at YRC is happy for your efforts but if I'm not mistaken that's what they pay you to do--your job

but where are you coming from when you bash not only YRC but you seem to have a notion you do it better then YRC people. Seriously a monkey can be trained to drive a truck. New Penn and Holland are good regional carriers not because you or your management are better but only because you don't have the huge break-bulks, terminals, tractors etc and compliance costs associated with a national network

some of you people have an ego
images

the size of an elephant

The only "YRC" bashing done by New Penn employees on this board is directed at YRC management. We sympathize with our YRC Teamster brothers due to the fact New Penn operations have changed for the worse since YRCW has been directing NP senior management. I can't wait till the vote is done so YRC board posters will stop comiong over here and causing trouble. Noone here has a big ego or thinks were are "elite." We turn profits consisitently and are part of the solution necessary to turn this entire company around. Retired freight Teamsters should have more important things to do than insult the ones doing the job now.

The only "YRC" bashing done by New Penn employees on this board is directed at YRC management. We sympathize with our YRC Teamster brothers due to the fact New Penn operations have changed for the worse since YRCW has been directing NP senior management.

I rarely if ever insult any one..well almost never but we only get to chat in voting season

please remember it's not how much you make for them that counts..it's how much you cost them. Thank you and goodbye

I rarely if ever insult any one..well almost never but we only get to chat in voting season

please remember it's not how much you make for them that counts..it's how much you cost them. Thank you and goodbye

How much does New Penn cost them? Are you serious? Produce evidence that NP causes YRC or YRCW to incur any kind of costs. You say you are a retired freight Teamster with years of experience, yet all you do is post nonsense and moronic pictures unrelated to the thread topic. Shut off the computer and go volunteer somewhere with all your free time.

How much does New Penn cost them? Are you serious? Produce evidence that NP causes YRC or YRCW to incur any kind of costs. You say you are a retired freight Teamster with years of experience, yet all you do is post nonsense and moronic pictures unrelated to the thread topic. Shut off the computer and go volunteer somewhere with all your free time.

Jack Peak, YRC Worldwide's senior vice president of labor relations and employment law,

"The Restructuring Agreement creates the foundation for a comprehensive financial restructuring and a viable, sustainable companies (sic) going forward," Peak wrote. "Without the Restructuring Agreement in place, New Penn would have a significantly higher cost structure than those companies that are covered by the Restructuring Agreement. As a result, the Company would not be in a position to maintain New Penn as a separate operation."

Jack Peak, YRC Worldwide's senior vice president of labor relations and employment law,

"The Restructuring Agreement creates the foundation for a comprehensive financial restructuring and a viable, sustainable companies (sic) going forward," Peak wrote. "Without the Restructuring Agreement in place, New Penn would have a significantly higher cost structure than those companies that are covered by the Restructuring Agreement. As a result, the Company would not be in a position to maintain New Penn as a separate operation."

This means New Penn would be generating less profit for YRCW due to higher labor costs from restarting full pension contributions on January 1, 2011 than if concessions are enacted. It does NOT mean New Penn operations would cease to be profitable, or even lose money on a consistent basis as YRC has. Do you understand Joe?
Think it through before posting bullcrap copied from incompetent YRCW senior management here.

Last edited by a moderator:
This means New Penn would be generating less profit for YRCW due to higher labor costs from restarting full pension contributions on January 1, 2011 than if concessions are enacted. It does NOT mean New Penn operations would cease to be profitable, or even lose money on a consistent basis as YRC has. Do you understand Joe?
Think it through before posting bullcrap copied from incompetent YRCW senior management here.

Ya, I understand that but that is not enough..it's a cultural clash. It brings big mergers down all the time. All the in-fighting..being uncooperative..not knowing the consequences of butting heads with Roadway-style management who runs the rat pack.

Did you get a pat on the back every day or was led to believe you were a valued employee because you did your job every day? Being profitable is something you guys really get off on. Where did it get you? The only thing you know that counts at YRC is what you do wrong..everything else is bs. YRC is thee evil empire..not a good ol place to work for. You might think they're incompetent but it's their game..they make the rules

S. O. C. The leeeeeech sucks on. When did either Yellow or Roadway last make even a penny on the buck?. The same thing is going on on the west side.

Ya, I understand that but that is not enough..it's a cultural clash. It brings big mergers down all the time. All the in-fighting..being uncooperative..not knowing the consequences of butting heads with Roadway-style management who runs the rat pack.

Did you get a pat on the back every day or was led to believe you were a valued employee because you did your job every day? Being profitable is something you guys really get off on. Where did it get you? The only thing you know that counts at YRC is what you do wrong..everything else is bs. YRC is thee evil empire..not a good ol place to work for. You might think they're incompetent but it's their game..they make the rules

Someone needs to get back on their meds. You really don't understand the difference between YRC and YRCW. Until you do your posts are not relevant to the situation at hand. What the hell does culture clash have to do with running a business and making a profit? At the end of the day you either make money or you are out of business quickly, unless of course you rely on government subsidies to continue operations (GM, Chrysler). Us New Penn guys don't get off on being profitable. As long as the company is successful we continue to receive a paycheck. No pat on back necessary-it doesn't pay my bills. Stick to the ridiculous clip art.

Honestly, here's a wild thought for everyone. How about just vote YES and you won't have to worry about an endtail and who is going to remain open. Then the letter clearly states there WON'T be a COO. And we can all keep working and taking care of our families........... what a crazy idea. Please stop all the insanity.

wanna tell us how a yes will stop this type of crap when all you know how to say is yes

Someone needs to get back on their meds. You really don't understand the difference between YRC and YRCW. Until you do your posts are not relevant to the situation at hand. What the hell does culture clash have to do with running a business and making a profit? Stick to the ridiculous clip art.

a couple of things..I'm happy to see you don't have you own exclusive forum anymore where you can throw people out with personal attacks for no reason other then you don't agree. You and the guy who lives in the shoe are the worst offenders

Here you're just one of the boys and not the elite money making YRCW basher. And you constantly bash my clip art. In case you weren't aware culture clash has everything to do with a failed merge. In fact it is one of the biggest reasons. Your elite management not co-operating with the management that wrote the book.

If you had more kind words for YRCW on the street it might be a success some day

a couple of things..I'm happy to see you don't have you own exclusive forum anymore where you can throw people out with personal attacks for no reason other then you don't agree. You and the guy who lives in the shoe are the worst offenders

Here you're just one of the boys and not the elite money making YRCW basher. And you constantly bash my clip art. In case you weren't aware culture clash has everything to do with a failed merge. In fact it is one of the biggest reasons. Your elite management not co-operating with the management that wrote the book.

If you had more kind words for YRCW on the street it might be a success some day

What exactly do you have against Newpenn Joe???Most of your posts,you have them closing,guys end-tailing,or operating with fewer terminals,always doom and gloom ..And when a guy says he works NewPenn proud you try to put him down for it..Guess you never gave Roadway or Yellow or what ever company you worked for 100% ... Get over it Joe,we ain't going anywhere :nono_h4h:

What exactly do you have against Newpenn Joe???Most of your posts,you have them closing,guys end-tailing,or operating with fewer terminals,always doom and gloom ..And when a guy says he works NewPenn proud you try to put him down for it..Guess you never gave Roadway or Yellow or what ever company you worked for 100% ... Get over it Joe,we ain't going anywhere :nono_h4h:
The thought of New Penn or Holland having a say in anything is what Joe has against us. I think a bankruptcy court would tell them to sell off the regionals, or at least try to. We might survive but YRC could be questionable. The fact that a NO vote from us could lead to that, tends to disturb some!

The thought of New Penn or Holland having a say in anything is what Joe has against us. I think a bankruptcy court would tell them to sell off the regionals, or at least try to. We might survive but YRC could be questionable.

The fact that a NO vote from us could lead to that, tends to disturb some!

I cannot believe your last sentence nor could I understand the logic of a no vote. I finally understand. You actually believe they would try to sell the regionals in a bankruptcy and a no vote would lead to that?

I have a little sad news for you--
If YRC goes down in bankruptcy the regionals go down with them. All the assets would be sold to pay off a mountain of debt..land equipment, terminals etc..but not a whole company with drivers. FedEx and Con-Way could sift thru the ashes and buy what terminals and trucks they're gonna need to take up the slack.
Best case scenario then..you work for them
thWINKgif.gif

you worry me,bro

s_2f442dd355d72c286697a87c0b0e29fd.jpg
the last thing I want to see is a any union company go out of business