New Penn | change of ops. letter for NPME

rainman220

TB Lurker
Credits
Any comments on the change of ops. letter that was put out today. Dated Oct.14, put out almost two weeks after ballots were mailed out and most probably have been mailed in already. Some things in it don't make sense.

just talked to one of our b.a.'s, told me our other b.a. had the change and the he himself hadn't seen it yet so he didn't know what was in it.. said he would see it tommorrow.

on the bullitan board in the drivers room in baltimore. copies on the counter. dont know how to post it. sorry. it does exist. listed most NP terminals to be closed, and merged with yrc. but men would be end tailed doesn't make sense if it is a merger. it all hinges on the vote though. but probably will happen any way.

newpenn.jpg
[/IMG]

here is the change of ops. letter

I have to doubt the legitimacy of this, If this is real why is it only in the New Penn system? Not on any news web site, Not on any trucking site, Not on TDU, Not on any union web site, Not on any of the financial web sites. Seems to be a scare tactic to me.

i read this just before i left this morning, and there's a couple more pages that went with this cover letter. showed closeing of all npme terminals,except boston, because yrc is closeing there boston terminal and would be moveing into what was npme #09 terminal.same with #14 because yrc is closeing there camden terminal and would be moveing into #14. had referance to some yrc maine terminals, getting more work ,they i guess are includeing closeing of a couple in Me. in this change,we have no terminals, but they act like they will get this freight when they merge us, made a point of closeing our #10 terminal , maybe because they are closeing yrc terminal in that area also, in the change. made apoint of saying they would end-tail npme emplooyes, if this merger happens based on the vote out-come. thats all i can remember from the other couple pages, the whole letter is hanging in #03 for any to read. if they close us, do you think there will be anything left in #09 for yrc to move into?

syracuse, rochester. and springfield ma, were also not on the to close list. who knows why. now if yrc moves into these terminals and they're not listed to close do these men dovetail?

Honestly, here's a wild thought for everyone. How about just vote YES and you won't have to worry about an endtail and who is going to remain open. Then the letter clearly states there WON'T be a COO. And we can all keep working and taking care of our families........... what a crazy idea. Please stop all the insanity.

even if there is a yes vote i would not trust yellow has far has i could throw them. if you do your living in a nice fantasy world. remember when they said "we will not merge roadway and yellow. we will continue to operate them seperatly..? well how did that work out? i just can't see all these companies continuing to overlap with the way they're losing money. something has to change somewhere..but i guess we'll see where.

We do an entirely different service than yrc so over lap is not the problem-we are better than them in every way !! and that is why they will kill us.

The most amazing thing about most of you no voters is, even after you guys read the change of ops you still insist its just another scare tactic!I can picture you looking at the vacant terminals and insist that its not really closed,theyll be back, its just another scare tactic!When are you going to face the consequences of what a no vote will do.Iknow most of the votes are already in but to the procrastinaters out there I hope you send in a yes and maybe save n.p.jobs.Good luck to all.

We do an entirely different service than yrc so over lap is not the problem-we are better than them in every way !! and that is why they will kill us.

ok you're the best but that ain't gonna do you any good cause in an end-tail YRC drivers will carry on the fine tradition you chose to leave behind, don't worry the New Penn flag will still fly and keep on trucking..just different drivers

as far as I know we under the same master contract as yrc, but in the letter it says we are under a different contract and it would be void and we would end tail if this goes thru. and why was this put out a week or so after the ballots were mailed out. figure if it was out sooner maybe could of swayed some votes , as far as people on the fence.

maybe this was on purpose and they dont want you to vote it in thats why i waited till the last minute to fill and mail it out