New Penn | changes

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
heard there may be alot of changes come september. anyone else here this or is this just rumour? also what changes may be in store?

My trm. is blown-out with frt. Your ducking frt. and forklifts just trying to get to your truck. we get tons of frt. for Long Island which makes me wonder why they can't buy a 10-20 door barn out there. ABF, Yellow, Rdwy., etc. all have one, why not us ?

UnionTrucka said:
My trm. is blown-out with frt. Your ducking frt. and forklifts just trying to get to your truck. we get tons of frt. for Long Island which makes me wonder why they can't buy a 10-20 door barn out there. ABF, Yellow, Rdwy., etc. all have one, why not us ?
We can't even get enough equipment. How about some new tractors to replace those worn out old road units that see double duty 24 hours a day.

flstc2000 said:
We can't even get enough equipment. How about some new tractors to replace those worn out old road units that see double duty 24 hours a day.

i hear that. with all these so called "record quarters" by YRC. there should be enough money to get more equipment.

flstc2000 said:
How can we attract new drivers with those garbage wagons ? I hear ya on that one !!

well, supposed to be getting at least 50 new tractors by end of month. don't know where there going, but double duty has always been the npme way. when i leave at night for the road, and i get out early, there is not much equipment even in the yard, peroid, every tractor is being used at #03. but i know what you mean there, flstc2000, you out of #14?, you haven't had new stuff in quite a while. Reading didnt get anything new last batch of tractors either, well 2 or 3 maybe , don't know how all the other terminals are doing equipment wise.but, CASHCOW is right, all these other companys have new equipment-ltl's- that is, we have hard enough time attracting people to work for us any more, older tractors sure don't help the cause.

nightowl said:
heard there may be alot of changes come september. anyone else here this or is this just rumour? also what changes may be in store?
Must be one of them former Redstar guys..:shifty: Redstar was always good for the BIG announcement coming NEXT month.. on a serious note I heard they were going to put the toilet paper back in Maspeth on you road drivers wont have to supply your own anymore:bicycle:......CRAZY

tractors

well we are getting 3 new tractors in pittsburgh, but we had to file a grievance to get them. tractors normally used on road must be a.c. well we always had enough for the bid guys, but not enough for the extra board guys. So they agreed to send 3 more in.

allnightrain44 said:
well, supposed to be getting at least 50 new tractors by end of month. don't know where there going, but double duty has always been the npme way. when i leave at night for the road, and i get out early, there is not much equipment even in the yard, peroid, every tractor is being used at #03. but i know what you mean there, flstc2000, you out of #14?, you haven't had new stuff in quite a while.
Yes, I am out of 14 and we haven't had any new equipment since the 900 series, which were 1997 models.
Reading didnt get anything new last batch of tractors either, well 2 or 3 maybe , don't know how all the other terminals are doing equipment wise.but, CASHCOW is right, all these other companys have new equipment-ltl's- that is, we have hard enough time attracting people to work for us any more, older tractors sure don't help the cause.
Overall the equipment isn't bad, but since it's used on a 24 hour cycle it really needs replacement sooner then the big LTL's which have dedicated road units.

deejay said:
well we are getting 3 new tractors in pittsburgh, but we had to file a grievance to get them. tractors normally used on road must be a.c. well we always had enough for the bid guys, but not enough for the extra board guys. So they agreed to send 3 more in.
We also filed a grievance to get our A/C equipped units last year before the contract specified date.
There is no reason New Penn can't provide comfortable equipment for the drivers. It's helps productivity and morale.
That is something New Penn doesn't seem to care about though.

that's something i would have to agree with you about,flstc2000. when they are finding how hard it is to get good people and keep them, you would think decent equipment at all the terminals would be a no brainer. last time at #03 we got new tractors, they weren't going to assign any to road drivers, it took at least 6 months for that to happen. by than with differant city driver in them every day and road driver, they were trashed by time they did assign them. i left fm/cd player in dash of my assinged tractor, came in to find it yanked and laying on the floor. guess city guy had a better set-up!!when i ran the city was glad to have power steering, and a radio in dash was a bonus, guess times have changed. maybe there is reason they don't care about us, we dont' seem to care about each other anymore either. or respect what used to be basic understandings.

Couldn't agree with you more. A lack of respect for others and their property ( radios and other items ) always seem to be a big issue.
We all work together, in the same equipment, yet some feel that their Mother still comes and picks up after them as the trash and bottles they use find their way to the floor and dash board.
I always leave my radio in the truck, permanently installed in the dash, but instead of treating something as their own, some drivers do their best to destroy the radio and speakers, not to mention changing every pre-set and control function.
Bottom line .... I'll take some pride in the truck I use every day, I keep it clean and I'll leave the radio in for everyone to enjoy ... even the inconsiderate ones.

hey, got 4 of the new tractors in at #03 as of early this morning. int. just like the last batch, but guess what, they are air ride. got switch inside to dump your air!!!maybe for those jersey super coupes for when they open , if ever, knowing the big heavey loads we pull nightley. won't want to get hung up there with at over weight deal for a couple hours,

new internationals

all night, i think 3 of those are ours in pittsburgh, atleast thats what they tell us. We filed on it last month, and they told us they are coming in this week. Maybe they will just give us all 4. Do they have any better seats in them? Are they numbered and ready to go? talk to ya later.

dont know about the seats but are numbered, 1402,08 and didnt catch 2 that came in over night. but look ready to go. usually run them at #03 for a bunch of miles though till them send then to differant terminals to work bugs out. but who knows anymore.

allnightrain44 said:
hey, got 4 of the new tractors in at #03 as of early this morning. int. just like the last batch, but guess what, they are air ride. got switch inside to dump your air!!!maybe for those jersey super coupes for when they open , if ever, knowing the big heavey loads we pull nightley. won't want to get hung up there with at over weight deal for a couple hours,

We had a member here a while back that said all new tractors would be air ride in the near future. I guess he was right