New Penn | changes

It's good to see new equipment in the pipeline. Have seen quite a few new trailers also and what that means to me is that the company ( YRC ) is allocating new equipment to rebuild the basic infrastructure of New Penn.
Now what we need are at least 200 new tractors .... the fleet has aged to the point that a lot of what is on the road isn't worthy, with many not equipped with A / C or comfortable seats.
Yet some road men continue to drive equipment that is not in compliance with the contract.

flstc2000 said:
It's good to see new equipment in the pipeline. Have seen quite a few new trailers also and what that means to me is that the company ( YRC ) is allocating new equipment to rebuild the basic infrastructure of New Penn.
Now what we need are at least 200 new tractors .... the fleet has aged to the point that a lot of what is on the road isn't worthy, with many not equipped with A / C or comfortable seats.
Yet some road men continue to drive equipment that is not in compliance with the contract.
What about the city guys:owned: We could use a/c also:hysterical: Hey if the airconditioner breaks down in the dispatch office just how long is before they call the serviceman to come fix it and then we have to hear how hot it was in there:hysterical: ....Are they bringing new trailers to Scranton I saw a few going up I81 and across I80 attached to white sleeper cabs :razz:.....CRAZY

crazy said:
What about the city guys:owned: We could use a/c also:hysterical: Hey if the airconditioner breaks down in the dispatch office just how long is before they call the serviceman to come fix it and then we have to hear how hot it was in there:hysterical: ....Are they bringing new trailers to Scranton I saw a few going up I81 and across I80 attached to white sleeper cabs :razz:.....CRAZY
In today's modern world, we all should have A / C in the trucks. I notice that ABF's new city tractors have A / C, so maybe they understand driver comfort may add to productivity ! With New Penn, the comfort is only afforded to the office staff, drivers don't count since we only do the real physical work of the trucking company.
As for the new trailers, I have pulled them in all areas, but I am sure they arrive at 03 first.
My final comment about the equipment .... we were told that clean tractors don't make any more money then dirty ones .... so why exactly do they bother to clean the offices of the executives and terminal managers ? I would think the same applies to them, then they could cut back on the use of a janitorial contractor to save money and let the paper pushers clean their own mess.
Even the cheapest company I ever worked for cleaned the equipment twice a year ... New Penn doesn't understand that in today's corporate world that image plays an important part of business and what people think of the company.
Just look at UPS .... always clean equipment.

I know in the southern conference all road units must have A/C. And for the city I think anything new since 2002 or 2003 must have air in them to.