XPO | Changing the bid to flex ratio?!?

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
The ratio of bid to flex at my terminal is around 85% bid to 15% flex. I work in the central region (old CCX) so I don't know if it's the same in the West or the South. There has been talk of changing the ratio to a DSR unfriendly ratio of 70% bid/30% flex. Does anyone have facts or info on this?:annoyed:

The ratio of bid to flex at my terminal is around 85% bid to 15% flex. I work in the central region (old CCX) so I don't know if it's the same in the West or the South. There has been talk of changing the ratio to a DSR unfriendly ratio of 70% bid/30% flex. Does anyone have facts or info on this?:annoyed:
We don't do the flex thing down south. :1036316054:

We heard a 60% bid - 40% flex back at bid time. TM said it was not true. I've been hearing this for 5 years now. I would not loose any sleep over it.

We had a visit from a higher up and some of the DSR's were asked how they would feel about a change in the flex. No flex in the South? How about the West?

There is no more flex out here in the left coast. Had it when they first started bidding, then they went to a bid, extra boad.

I asked what the ratio was with flex and bid ... I could not get a direct answer .... so I believe it depends on the terminal

this would be terrible for me, since i am at just barely in that bottom 30%.... but you never know....we have a lot of guys who would hate linehaul (nights)

also prezars, i dont understand what your saying.... we have an extra board out here? i never knew there was a percentage or anything, i thought that was union stuff....

For those that don't know how it works where there is a flex board, it's simple:If you have 100 drivers 15 will be on the flex board and 85 will have bids.Having a bid means a start time in the city and a run (usually) on linehaul. Flex basically means that you run where and when they need you as long as you've got the hours.