XPO | Charlotte driver passes away

racefreek

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wanted to make fellow friends aware that Sherman Gibbs (nch) went to claim his great reward on friday night. Condolences to his family and God be with you. Godspeed my friend we will see you again one day soon

Sorry for being a little short on detail in previous entry. Sherman had battled liver cancer bravely for some time and it fnnally overtook him. He was very close to being a day one dsr at the nch terminal

Sorry 4 the loss

I will be praying 4 his friends and loved ones that the Lord will help them through these trying times...
praying.gif

Video

Sherman id a video about bill of ladings at least 15 years ago when CSE trucks were still blue. It was snowing in NCH when it was being filmed. The video is still shown today. :(

God bless his family. God rest his soul. The battle on earth is over. The journey beyond has just begun. Rest in peace dear friend.

I just noticed this thread,and want to offer my prayer of "comfort,and peace to all of the survivors,family friends,and co-workers.

That everyone will be able to remember the good times,in Jesus name,Amen."

We lost a brother, a friend, and a mentor.

I have worked at NCH since '93. To say this is a great loss to Charlotte is truly an understatement. I don't know anyone directly, or indirectly connected to NCH who doesn't know the name Sherman Gibbs, and the integrity he brings. Sherman was a "day one" DSR, and is credited with picking up NCH's very first shipment. He was the first driving school instructor for NCH, and maybe CSE, but I can't confirm that. I do know he graduated a few guys in '92. Years after Sherman bid out of the city p&d operation, I still had customers ask, "How's Sherman?" He made that kind of impact on the people he worked with, and the customers he served.
I wish you all could have known him. I am sure you know someone like him. If you do, let them know how much you appreciate them before they are gone.
Finally, I went to see Sherman when he was in intensive care in Feb. 2008. The Dr.'s gave him a week or two. Well he showed them, and hung on long enough to walk his daughter down the aisle about 6 weeks ago.
Cancer got the best of him, but cancer had one hell of a fight.
Thanks for allowing me to say a few things from the heart.
God speed Sherman, we'll catch you on the flip side.

Haybaler.