Charlotte

Dick Dastardly

Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!
Credits
I've applied at Frito Lay Charlotte NC for an "over the road" position. I received an email back explaining I needed to close a gap in employment. I suppose that's a positive since they thought enough of my application to not just discard it and allow me to update it.

Does anyone have any idea how many positions are open in Charlotte? Can anyone give me insight into working for Frito Lay such as health insurance quality and pay? Any info would be appreciated. Hopefully I'll be goven the opportunity to interview in the future. Thanks guys.

I've applied at Frito Lay Charlotte NC for an "over the road" position. I received an email back explaining I needed to close a gap in employment. I suppose that's a positive since they thought enough of my application to not just discard it and allow me to update it.

Does anyone have any idea how many positions are open in Charlotte? Can anyone give me insight into working for Frito Lay such as health insurance quality and pay? Any info would be appreciated. Hopefully I'll be goven the opportunity to interview in the future. Thanks guys.
Are they union tho?

All I know is they are doubling the warehouse this year I applied last year got job offer but working 6 days a week I said no thanks. They seemed nice.

Thanks for the reply. I really hope to hear from them. I'm ready to get out of freight.
I followed the email link they sent me and corrected my application. Maybe I'll at least get an opportunity to interview.

Thanks for the reply. I really hope to hear from them. I'm ready to get out of freight.
I followed the email link they sent me and corrected my application. Maybe I'll at least get an opportunity to interview.
Where do you work now? Why are you looking to get out of freight?

Where do you work now? Why are you looking to get out of freight?

I've been interested in Frito Lay for a long time. Every time I've checked they weren't hiring. LTL not being what it used to be, I'm ready to move on. I was at Fedex Freight. It's a hostile work environment now that the Teamsters got their foot in the door. I just want something steady with good benefits to support my family.

I'm a hard worker and a dedicated, loyal one at that. I come to work everyday, on time, and almost never call in. I've been known to work several years without a call in. I'm physically fit for the most part and don't shy away from hard work.

I've been interested in Frito Lay for a long time. Every time I've checked they weren't hiring. LTL not being what it used to be, I'm ready to move on. I was at Fedex Freight. It's a hostile work environment now that the Teamsters got their foot in the door. I just want something steady with good benefits to support my family.

I'm a hard worker and a dedicated, loyal one at that. I come to work everyday, on time, and almost never call in. I've been known to work several years without a call in. I'm physically fit for the most part and don't shy away from hard work.
ODFL might be hiring :1036316054:

Charlotte, NC
Wow that's surprising. Usually they won't post opening on the site if they already have names in. You should probably give them a call or even just stop in and fill out a pre application paper. At least that's what I did and about 4 months later they called me

Frito Lay called me. They did some pre screening questions and a phone interview. The gentleman said they would be calling me soon to set up an in person interview.

Not sure if anyone reads this forum anymore, but I figured I'd update.

The interview went great. They're moving ahead with the background check etc. There are around 56 drivers now and the plan is to double that in two years. The goal is 113 total drivers.

They are shifting to something called GES delivery in three months from now. The plant is under going millions of dollars in renovation and upgrades. It seems I may be getting on at a decent time.

Last edited:
Let me know how it goes that is the exact same thing they told me back in Feb 2014. I hope it works out good for you and wish you luck. The manager said they would be all done by 2016 and have all the guys hired on by now.

Let me know how it goes that is the exact same thing they told me back in Feb 2014. I hope it works out good for you and wish you luck. The manager said they would be all done by 2016 and have all the guys hired on by now.

Oh wow. Yeah they aren't even close on the hiring then. I would be number 57. I'm a little hesitant to accept based on the time off. I know you'll pretty much be married to the job with no guaranteed days off. I was hoping with the supposed hiring spree they might move to a bid based system and hopefully luck into a bid over the next two years. It seems that might be wishful thinking huh?

Let me say I am sorry I meant Feb 2015 I typed it wrong. That was the only reason I did not take the job I did not want to loose that much time with my family. When I talked to them Feb 15 I was going to be number 53 on the driver board.