Holland | Check In

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
Griz checking in from the bows of Hell. Memphis heat index of 115 all last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
we have been in triple digits on that index a few times lately.
All week they been saying day after tomorrow it will get better. Neve did. Now they say tonight it will get better. I sure hope so I am going through my beer supplies way too fast.

we have been in triple digits on that index a few times lately.
All week they been saying day after tomorrow it will get better. Never did. Now they say tonight it will get better. I sure hope so I am going through my beer supplies way too fast.
Same here on the beer supplies. This heat could force me into delinquency on my mortgage.:)

This is different, all clean and crisp looking. Toledo has been hot and humid but nothing like down yonder. Not much for a first on the new "site".

It's even been a sizzler up here lately. 85 to 95 degrees with high humidity. Calling for snow next week.;)

It's even been a sizzler up here lately. 85 to 95 degrees with high humidity. Calling for snow next week.;)

116 heat index today. How's the bill count up there Flash? Ours is about 700-750 a night and holding over about 300 each night. We are using as many casuals that we can get to work for these pitiful wages.

116 heat index today. How's the bill count up there Flash? Ours is about 700-750 a night and holding over about 300 each night. We are using as many casuals that we can get to work for these pitiful wages.

I have been getting my ice fishing equipment ready.... mostly the beer aspect of it.... making sure it was still cold and wet!!!! :1sm364jumpbed:
Our bill count is in the toilet...:Emoticon_digging: Fedex freight is officially in the old Holland terminal in Erie as of July nineteenth.... I heard they have put over 70 cameras up in the terminal.... must be they don't trust their employees.

116 heat index today.
Damn that's hot.
How's the bill count up there Flash?
As soon as the numbers seem to be starting to go up, they go back in the toilet.
.....holding over about 300 each night.
Holding over? Does that mean outbound bills not moving?WTH! Geez I hope not.
We are using as many casuals that we can get to work for these pitiful wages.
I don't think that it is the wages Bro, it just may be the lack of job security.

Flash the hold over bills are late coded and mostly late night swoops. We have a lot of frt from out of town peddles that can't make cut times.

Damn that's hot. As soon as the numbers seem to be starting to go up, they go back in the toilet. Holding over? Does that mean outbound bills not moving?WTH! Geez I hope not. I don't think that it is the wages Bro, it just may be the lack of job security.
Our dock only casuals make ($14.00) - 15% = $11.90 per hour. These guys just want to make money. They could care less about job security. I think Flash your probably preferring to regular casuals, looking for a career.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting close to getting everybody called back in LO, it's taken a long time to get this close. Some guys have been laid off for nearly two years now. We're pretty busy most of the time now, I hope it continues?

Gentlemen,

MI road driver checking in.

Things are going smooth here lots of work on Sundays, good miles and weight is up.

Everybody working and 2 part-timers just put on in city.

Everybody working on road board.

Feels good man.

Also, I havn't been here in a while, what's up with having to register again?

I got a new screen name out of the deal at least... but what's up with that?

Gentlemen,

MI road driver checking in.

Things are going smooth here lots of work on Sundays, good miles and weight is up.

Everybody working and 2 part-timers just put on in city.

Everybody working on road board.

Feels good man.

Also, I havn't been here in a while, what's up with having to register again?

I got a new screen name out of the deal at least... but what's up with that?

it was time for a change driver
Over 10,000 posts in about 8 or 9 days, it won't be long until things are normal