Check out this Walmart Semi Low bridge whooops!

I have seen as well as posted a lot of bridge hits,however I can't recall any that have been pancaked this bad?

Hope that driver didnt get fired.What if the GPS system he was using was supplied by his employer?Sometimes one can't help stupid.Duh!

Hope that driver didnt get fired.What if the GPS system he was using was supplied by his employer?Sometimes one can't help stupid.Duh!

50 years in the transportation business and I have never used a GPS, I try to use a little common sense and a God given sense of direction. How do you young drivers think that we found places some 50 years ago, before cell phones, computers or GPS systems??? I have never seen so many trucks hitting low underpasses as I have lately, can't these drivers read or do they think that 12'2" means 14'2"???

Drivers are relying on technology too much these days and not using what God has put between their ears.

Been driving for 26 years and do enjoy the convenience of GPS google maps etc but I never rely on them they are just tools...if you can't eye ball a bridge and tell it is a foot below 13 6 you shouldn't be in a truck...

To add insult to injury a wrecker sent to the scene lost its brakes and crashed, within sight of the accident.

Tow truck crashes on way to get stuck truck | Local & Regional News | Eugene News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KVAL CBS 13

WreckerWrecksSavingWallyWorldRig002_zps105f7db8.jpg

You can see the bridge in the background where the Wally World rig had been stuck.

Not if he followed the blue line.
Yes, he's done..What Wally World doesn't tell you is they fire a LOT of drivers over stuff WAY less stupid than this..It's called "steps"...and if you don't kiss enough ass and be the good little company man, you are out of there. This dumb ass SHREDDED that trailer and he is done..

I believe there will be one Wally World driver on his way to the unemployment line...lol

Yes, he's done..What Wally World doesn't tell you is they fire a LOT of drivers over stuff WAY less stupid than this..It's called "steps"...and if you don't kiss enough ass and be the good little company man, you are out of there. This dumb ass SHREDDED that trailer and he is done..

This happened in one of our delivery areas. The bridge is clearly marked well in advance. The driver said he thought his trailer was within 3" of clearing it and thought he would make it. Based on airbag heights, and variables thereof, I would not have even tried it. Too close for comfort if the clear is only within 3"...

Well from the looks of how bad the trailer caved in.
I would guess that driver must have been so confident he was going to make it under.
He didn't bother slowing down.
I say it must have been a real jolt,when the nose clobbered the entrance.

I'm betting he took out some tree limbs on the way to that low bridge, which is usually a hint that you shouldn't be there..lol.

I wonder if the tow truck driver was cited and put OOS for faulty brakes= CSA

I spent most of my 45 year trucking career as a Teamster car hauler...I never hit an over head object,...and that includes a lot of trips to Chicago...where half of the bridges are under 13'6"...I have ...however unloaded the top and reloaded on the other side of a low one a couple times...Hitting a MARKED underpass with a freight box is unforgivable....Just another result of the school boy steering wheel holders on the road today