Check your kingpin.

That sounds like picture you memory will never forget. I gots to ask, did it look funny at all? I mean that trailer rocking on it's gear and all. Nobody got hurt I presume.

That sounds like picture you memory will never forget. I gots to ask, did it look funny at all? I mean that trailer rocking on it's gear and all. Nobody got hurt I presume.

No one got hurt except the drivers pride, I was about 15 feet from it and it scared the snot out of me seeing the tractor bolt forward and that trlr stay there then tip.

At pfg we had a Little Rock driver dolly his trailer down and pull the pin but not remove his air lines, he took off and one of them snapped back, made a clean hole through the back glass and embedded in the head rest of the seat, they fired the driver, TM said it wasn't because of that particular accident, although he had had a couple dumb ones like dropped trailers, the TM said it was because the guy didn't care about himself evidently and he didn't want him killing himself at PFG, they even helped him find another job with someone else. Thats how PFG was though, like a big family, I miss it!

We got a few guys that bang it together and go, never even checking a light, we have these swing door pups from Cali I think, the pin is set farther back and we have had several tip over at the warehouse, this one guy has a truck that the 5th wheel can be tricky to lock, he has had it since new, everyone knows of its problems, nothing major, ya just have to back into the pin and pull up a fraction and then back up again and it locks, I watched him fiddle with it for a minute then he gets out hooks the lines and cranks it up, puts it in gear and mashes on it, trailer came off right beside me! That thing hit the nose and the rear wheels came off the ground and it sat and rocked back and forth a couple of times, I was parked right beside it, all that could have been prevented by getting under the truck with a flashlight, some guys never learn, I have preached it to them, mgmt has preached it, still yet that 3 seconds turned in to a half hour of cranking a loaded trailer up, 3 seconds to bend over and look at the jaws, the next day he did the same thing, never looked, this time things latched properly.

Some guys just refuse to take that extra step, I will never understand why!

Say it with me GT....S T U P I D I T Y.

I have a couple for ya. We have one guy pulls off the dock about two feet. Hits brakes and looks for red reflection off the dock and away he goes. Another cowboy grabbed the wrong trailer for delivery 20 miles from the terminal and didn't look back...til he got to destination and found the back door open on the wrong trailer, which he had hooked to his tractor. :shrug: