Chicago Accident

Yes this is a very bad crash.
I watched the video of the young man who was an eye witness.
He thought the trucker may have fallen asleep,because he was traveling at about 40,or 50 mph without slowing down.

You would seem from the looks of the suroundings that this is a very busy part of down town.
That the mazimum speed would be around 30 tops.

This is another strike against the new hours of service in my opinion.
Our government really should go back to the old system.
I've been seeing way to many crashes that the trucker had fallen asleep while he was driving.

Some witnesses say the driver appeared to be slumped over the wheel prior to impact.

He is supposedly being released from the hospital into police custody.

I was at the bar watching the news when that happened. That's crazy. I don't know how you fall asleep on the Dan Ryan. Everytime I go down that stretch, and it has been hundreds of times, I'm always wide awake, cause the traffic there is always a nightmare..

at the time it happened it was rush hour.there's no way to go that fast until you get on the ramp to build up speed. he must've passed out.
Too bad Mayor Daley didn't have any of his large flower pots in front of the station instead of creating blind spots on some of the major streets!

Chicago -- The driver of the semi that crashed into the CTA station was taken into police custody late Friday night. He was taken to Stroger Hospital immediately after the accident but he defied doctors' orders and left. That’s where police were waiting for him.

Driver of Semi Truck in Police Custody

The officer didn't do a very good job at covering the truck drivers face with that pad of paper.

Driver passed Blood Alcohol Test but refused Urinalysis.

Some have said that that is a dangerous intersection and the lights can catch you off guard if you are not paying attention.

I say he panicked and could not downshift fast enough causing his truck to surge out of control.
Not sure about his pee pee....could have been tainted with energy drugs.
.......my last two cents of comments.

Thanks Dockworker I'll give you a nickel for your two cents worth of comments.

Whatever happen maybe the cops will sweat it out of this trucker,and it will be reported shortly.

If this guy knows whats best for him,he'd better get lawyered up as soon as possible,and keep his mouth shut in the mean time.
I know I wouldn't want to be him.

My last words will be prayer for everyone involved.

"May God have mercy,and start the healling process,in Jesus name Amen!"

Driver is still in custody and has not been charged as of this reply.
They are now going over his Log book.:shock:
Let's hope he's legit.

UPDATE:
Driver in fatal Chicago crash cited for negligent driving

The crash was captured by at least one surveillance camera, transit authority spokeswoman Noelle Gaffney said. The footage was turned over to police.........
picture8pg8.jpg

Good post Dockworker,very short but to the point.
Good job my truckingboard friend.

Did you see all of the news reports got this trucker age wrong?
It was first reported that he was 51.
turns out he was a lot older he is actually 64.
YIKES the same age as me.
Well I'm glad I'm me,and he is him,if that makes any sence.

Did you see all of the news reports got this trucker age wrong?
It was first reported that he was 51.
turns out he was a lot older he is actually 64.
YIKES the same age as me.
Well I'm glad I'm me,and he is him,if that makes any sence.

Those darn reporters!:chairshot:
He sure aged quickly.
You think he had dual CDL's instead of dual logbooks?:hide:

This driver is a real case, his actions in jail are just whacked. Also the prescription drugs from some one else, all this and a $100 fine. I think the ticket for a headlight out is more than that. Very strange story.

This trucker will find the $100.00 is just pocket change when everybody gets done with him,and his company with the insurance claims that will come out of this crash.

You know its not over till its over.
Believe me this is far from being over.