Yellow | Chicago Heights Bomb Threat

spiracer

TB Lurker
Credits
Friday May 14 from 4:00 PM to 5:00PM 309 was closed due to a bomb threat. I was stuck outside the gate after I parked the truck. Now do I get paid for my time waiting to check out? PorkChops was in the breakroom saying he was going to get paid.

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=80183.msg829859#msg829859 date=1273880554]
Friday May 14 from 4:00 PM to 5:00PM 309 was closed due to a bomb threat. I was stuck outside the gate after I parked the truck. Now do I get paid for my time waiting to check out? PorkChops was in the breakroom saying he was going to get paid.
[/quote]Yes, you should get paid. It is something that happened that wasn't within your control or responsibility. That is On-Duty, not driving. If you didn't get rewarded the time, I would file on it. I know porkchop will do the same thing.

I am amazed at the residual effects of what ever $bill was putting in the water for you YellerFellers. :biglaugh: Do you seriously believe ANY committee is going to compel YRC to pay? :chairshot: Pasta head will have his LIFETIME ban here lifted first. :popcorn:

[quote author=albag link=topic=80183.msg829893#msg829893 date=1273891395]
I am amazed at the residual effects of what ever $bill was putting in the water for you YellerFellers. :biglaugh: Do you seriously believe ANY committee is going to compel YRC to pay? :chairshot: Pasta head will have his LIFETIME ban here lifted first. :popcorn:
[/quote]Have any of you former Roadway drivers ever hear of delayed time? It is the same as break down time. On the logbook, it is "On Duty Not Driving." If you don't know where it is, it is located underneath the "Driving" line of the logbook, and yes you get paid for it. No wonder why these Roadbots run illegal everyday, they never claim their clock time. Everyone still has that rule, it wasn't given up with the 15% wage cut and the pensions.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80183.msg829901#msg829901 date=1273893463]
[/quote]Have any of you former Roadway drivers ever hear of delayed time? It is the same as break down time. On the logbook, it is "On Duty Not Driving." If you don't know where it is, it is located underneath the "Driving" line of the logbook, and yes you get paid for it. No wonder why these Roadbots run illegal everyday, they never claim their clock time. Everyone still has that rule, it wasn't given up with the 15% wage cut and the pensions.
[/quote]

Your pushing that fine line !

I am amazed .
As well you should be. Noodle is right!!!!!! :poke:

Since when does being right equate with being PAID? :chairshot: All I said was that there is not much chance that YRC WILL pay the time! :duel: Do you get paid for the pretrip you perform? Do you get paid to hook up your radio or for that matter unhook your radio either? According to Noodles that is "ON DUTY NOT DRIVING" time AND you should be getting paid!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Pilot108, I guess there are a lot of drivers from YRC that never saw the word "ADJUSTED" on the bottom of pay check stubs, before.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80183.msg829915#msg829915 date=1273896010]

Thanks Pilot108, I guess there are a lot of drivers from YRC that never saw the word "ADJUSTED" on the bottom of pay check stubs, before.
[/quote]
Actually adjustments are at the top of your summary. :popcorn:

[quote author=albag link=topic=80183.msg829914#msg829914 date=1273895984]
Since when does being right equate with being PAID? :chairshot: All I said was that there is not much chance that YRC WILL pay the time! :duel: Do you get paid for the pretrip you perform? Do you get paid to hook up your radio or for that matter unhook your radio either? According to Noodles that is "ON DUTY NOT DRIVING" time AND you should be getting paid!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
[/quote]You would get paid if you pull the truck around and parked in the shop lane, do your inspections, and hook up your gear, there. As long as your parked at the shop, you get paid. I always find something wrong with the YRC's state-of-the-art equipment.

Albag, learn from someone who knows the system. I believe I still hold the record at YRC for getting paid (62 1/2 hrs) of clock time on a breakdown, plus a Tracy, CA for that same week's pay.

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=80183.msg829937#msg829937 date=1273900884]
It's a sad day when one has to wonder if he will get paid for something like this.
[/quote]That is what tends to happen when drivers fail to file grievances anymore. Everything that was fought for in the past has been, pretty much given back to the company. Makes people wonder if there are any Teamsters left in YRC or 309 for that matter. I know there are more than enough of..........Ah nevermind, I think it has been covered what the others are.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80183.msg829995#msg829995 date=1273932320]
It's a sad day when one has to wonder if he will get paid for something like this.
[/quote]That is what tends to happen when drivers fail to file grievances anymore. Everything that was fought for in the past has been, pretty much given back to the company. Makes people wonder if there are any Teamsters left in YRC or 309 for that matter. I know there are more than enough of..........Ah nevermind, I think it has been covered what the others are.
[/quote] you couldnt have said it any better brother, same thing at holland. watched a linehaul guy last night pull his own truck from the dock then get a clearance light fixed and never even went back to punch back in.

[quote author=team486 link=topic=80183.msg830010#msg830010 date=1273935337]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80183.msg829995#msg829995 date=1273932320]
[/quote] you couldnt have said it any better brother, same thing at holland. watched a linehaul guy last night pull his own truck from the dock then get a clearance light fixed and never even went back to punch back in.
[/quote]Yeah, and I bet it was entered "Off Duty" in his logbook only 5 hrs later, as a lunch break. I guess YRC is coming back with the 700 mile illegal pee-bottle bids, with no breaks, or "On Duty Not Driving" clock time isn't allowed. :biglaugh:

I operate on the principal that if collecting a few clicks requires more clicks to be invested receiving them, than the paid clicks, they are "discounted" clicks and not worth my time.

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=80183.msg830333#msg830333 date=1274032423]
I operate on the principal that if collecting a few clicks requires more clicks to be invested receiving them, than the paid clicks, they are "discounted" clicks and not worth my time.
[/quote]That is why I punch my card at the shop first, walk out to my truck, then bring the truck around and park it at the shop lane. To hard to keep track of everything on the YRC's toilet paper computer read out sheets.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80183.msg829927#msg829927 date=1273898616]
Albag, learn from someone who knows the system. I believe I still hold the record at YRC for getting paid (62 1/2 hrs) of clock time on a breakdown, plus a Tracy, CA for that same week's pay.
[/quote]

Ladies and Gentlemen please note, THIS IS WHY YELLOW was and IS always BROKE! This is the correct definition of the term "CLOCK SUCKER".

[quote author=BFalls link=topic=80183.msg830596#msg830596 date=1274097728]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80183.msg829927#msg829927 date=1273898616]
[/quote]

Ladies and Gentlemen please note, THIS IS WHY YELLOW was and IS always BROKE! This is the correct definition of the term "CLOCK SUCKER".
[/quote]Why have it and not use it?

What is so hard to understand, you are in your truck stopped at the front gate,you can not proceed untill clearance is given by the police. If you're on the highway,stopped,you get paid for the time you're there untill the athorities give you permission to procede. All time waiting is in the contract. :threadsux: