Yellow | Chicago Heights call backs

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=79481.msg826230#msg826230 date=1272750851]
Than ran out of drivers today with freight sitting all over.
[/quote] i am 614 on the board

Everyone runs out of hours on the weekend that isn't surprising. The night forman at 309 can do something useful for once and start calling drivers back to work, instead of writing disaplinary letters all day and forcing fatigued drivers out who are low on hours.

The best way to get the night forman rattled, is don't turn in the log sheets up to 14 days.

In order to have the weekend off. Make sure the door is shut between the drivers room and the dispatch office.

Do all the paper work in the break room, walk in, punch in, sign the inbound sheet quickly, go back out to the break room, wait a minute or two, then go back in, duck down, squat walk below the counter to the dispatch window, toss the bills onto the ledge, squat walk back to the door, and don't forget to shut the cell phone off.

Enjoy a great weekend. I did that all the time. It sounds stupid and crazy, but it always worked for me. It saves time instead of arguing and getting upset with the dispatcher when to go back on the board.

I looked at it as helping out the Jr. seniority drivers. :biglaugh:

[quote author=mudman1 link=topic=79481.msg826232#msg826232 date=1272751305]
[/quote] They just tried to call 40 layoff drivers to work and could only get a hold of 12.

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=79481.msg826238#msg826238 date=1272753615]
[quote author=mudman1 link=topic=79481.msg826232#msg826232 date=1272751305]
[/quote] They just tried to call 40 layoff drivers to work and could only get a hold of 12.
[/quote]no ::shit::

Well if 309 would treat people with more respect they wouldn't have any trouble finding drivers. Too bad common-sense couldn't tell them that nobody likes working for an @$$hole.

if your laid off and they call you in your just doing yourself a disservice, the only way there going to put people back on the board is if there forced to, i consider someone running while there laid off the same as crossing a picket line.

if your laid off and they call you in your just doing yourself a disservice, the only way there going to put people back on the board is if there forced to, i consider someone running while there laid off the same as crossing a picket line.

I have to agree with this. Make them OFFICIALLY recall people.

[quote author=EdgeFan57 link=topic=79481.msg826365#msg826365 date=1272793276]

[/quote]How can the union OFFICIALLY force YRC into doing anything. The union officials aren't even allowed on the property. I am surprised that people don't find that weird. If a union official isn't allowed on the property then why would anyone else want to be on the property either? Sounds to me that YRC has a lot to hide from the union officials. Oh maybe something like favoritism for their original drivers, and not following the proper work rules that were agreed upon.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79481.msg826392#msg826392 date=1272804611]
[quote author=EdgeFan57 link=topic=79481.msg826365#msg826365 date=1272793276]

[/quote]How can the union OFFICIALLY force YRC into doing anything. The union officials aren't even allowed on the property. I am surprised that people don't find that weird. If a union official isn't allowed on the property then why would anyone else want to be on the property either? Sounds to me that YRC has a lot to hide from the union officials. Oh maybe something like favoritism for their original drivers, and not following the proper work rules that were agreed upon.
[/quote]u could be wright

How can the union OFFICIALLY force YRC into doing anything.� The union officials aren't even allowed on the property.

I didnt say have the union force them to do anything. I said make YRC OFFICIALLY call them back. What i mean is...if they're short on drivers and they call 10 to come in and run a few loads BUT arent officially recalled, yrc is just going to keep doing that. If drivers tell them no (or dont answer phone) then eventually they'll have to OFFICIALLY recall some.

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79481.msg826364#msg826364 date=1272790057]
[/quote] You should have the same anger toward the union for allowing it in the first place!...?

The union worse then the company, if I find a decent non union job I doubt I'll ever sign another union card. At least under this leadership anyway I wish I didn't feel that way but I do

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79481.msg826466#msg826466 date=1272813660]
The union worse then the company, if I find a decent non union job I doubt I'll ever sign another union card. At least under this leadership anyway I wish I didn't feel that way but I do
[/quote]I don't think you ever signed a union card or been a driver/dock worker to begin with. Especially, if you think Local 710 is worse than 309.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79481.msg826485#msg826485 date=1272819804]
[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79481.msg826466#msg826466 date=1272813660]
[/quote]I don't think you ever signed a union card or been a driver/dock worker to begin with. Especially, if you think Local 710 is worse than 309.
[/quote] i think u r wright italian :clap:

oh pasta at least your consistent the union is supposed to be on the side of the worker thats why there worse then the company, wernt you supposed to be going to ups??????? to funny

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79481.msg826566#msg826566 date=1272841756]
oh pasta at least your consistent the union is supposed to be on the side of the worker thats why there worse then the company, wernt you supposed to be going to ups??????? to funny
[/quote]Why would I go to UPS, when I am having more fun going to college full time at NIU? College will pay off in the long run, YRC won't. :biglaugh:

[quote author=pilot108 link=topic=79481.msg824009#msg824009 date=1272033001]
I'm not sure of the number,but 460 was the bottom of the list this mon.4/18
[/quote]Yeah, because 461-472 are all former Yellow drivers. Hmmm, go figure that the last cut would end at a former Roadway driver. Could have been well over 500+ drivers working, but YRC/309 tries to push drivers into doing the 34hr restart, and forcing others to keep running when low on hours. Lack of service reflects on management, not the drivers.

Did I miss something? I thought the union/contract nullified 34 hour restart of hours.

Doing so would put you in violation of policy when you turned in your log showing over 70 hours in 8 days and you should get a letter.

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=79481.msg827208#msg827208 date=1273061072]
Did I miss something? I thought the union/contract nullified 34 hour restart of hours.

Doing so would put you in violation of policy when you turned in your log showing over 70 hours in 8 days and you should get a letter.
[/quote]Your forgetting who is running the show out of Chicago. YRC Management out of Chicago is the surviving magement, Roadway. You would be surprised what they get away with, because the lack of grievances filed. The "Roadbots" never stand up for themselves, therefore everyone else has to suffer for it. 309 has a history of breaking work rules, because less people file grievances on YRC. It is something about having a fear-factor of abuse over the years. Their easy to identify, though. They always volunteer to do more work when they don't have the hours to do it. Their distant, and never talk to anyone. Always standing around by the dispatch window with have their heads down. Those are the ones that are up to no good.