Yellow | Chicago Heights

Thanks for the reply. Reason I ask is XPO out of Gary is rumored to be moving to Chicago Heights and if it's supposed to happen soon, I can't see them building in Chicago Heights. I see them using an existing terminal.

Thanks for the reply. Reason I ask is XPO out of Gary is rumored to be moving to Chicago Heights and if it's supposed to happen soon, I can't see them building in Chicago Heights. I see them using an existing terminal.
There was a rumor floating around that ABF was going to buy 309 Terminal and we were going back to Chicago Ridge?

Define "operational". If you mean is it a functional operation involved in the consolidation and distribution of freight, and the relay of freight moving through to other destinations, NO. Are Teamsters still employed there, yes. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
There was a rumor floating around that ABF was going to buy 309 Terminal and we were going back to Chicago Ridge?
i heard they were moving to Schneider’s yard on Cline Ave???

Haha...……. That's rich! YRC Freight will not move back to Chicago Ridge. The cost of renovation, plus the cost of the actual move are prohibitive. Never mind the massive disruption to the entire system. The location of the Chicago Heights terminal is far superior. Less than 1/2 a mile from a limited access highway (Il 394) which junctions with I-80 5 miles north. Too many tolls for Chicago Ridge, and ridiculous traffic congestion on Harlem Ave. Get comfortable at 309, we'll be there when the plug is pulled! :popcorn:

Haha...……. That's rich! YRC Freight will not move back to Chicago Ridge. The cost of renovation, plus the cost of the actual move are prohibitive. Never mind the massive disruption to the entire system. The location of the Chicago Heights terminal is far superior. Less than 1/2 a mile from a limited access highway (Il 394) which junctions with I-80 5 miles north. Too many tolls for Chicago Ridge, and ridiculous traffic congestion on Harlem Ave. Get comfortable at 309, we'll be there when the plug is pulled! :popcorn:
And they would have to find a new home for the Ridge Sox.

YRC has plenty of money for a renovation before they sell to ABF !
But not until all the regional carriers are under 1 seniority board !
Then pull the plug and laugh all the way to the bank in Hoffa's limo !

The popcorn contract is going to be worth a lot of money.
Maybe they will start using this brand of "popcorn" . :popcorn:
4xdRA2j.jpg