Holland | Chicago motel deposit

dadforseven

TB Lurker
Credits
Today was the first time ever, having to put up a cash/credit card deposit to stay at a CLC motel.
Its not the $20.00, but was uninformed of change. To add insult to injury, your room will be inspected prior to getting your deposit back.

Sleep tight lads.

must be having trouble getting money from yrc. no big surprise there. last year stayed at the hotel in Toledo and they wanted all personal info. clerk stunned I wouldn't give it up...

it's amazing how everything is yrc's fault. i don't think 20 bucks covers the room charge. i would say it's your fellow drivers charging movies to the room and then not paying.

Blessings

Yes indeed and stealing towels and such ! Drivers need to chill out , and be greatful for all your blessing's after all you have a JOB and with that you are truley blessed in this day and time !!!

No!! We remember how good of a job Holland was Before YRCW took over but boy we sure are glad we still have a job! Jackass!

I would have to agree. Sounds like a hotel towel thing. Too bad someone else had to ruin it for all.

it's amazing how everything is yrc's fault. i don't think 20 bucks covers the room charge. i would say it's your fellow drivers charging movies to the room and then not paying.

I was told bye some one that runs a bid in there that they wanted to swipe your personal credit card in case there was additional charges. He said that he did not no of the $20.00 or having your room inspected. I will not give them my personal cerdit card Holland can find me another place to stay. If everyone would "JUST NO" this would go away. , or move hotels. (which would be a good thing in Chicago, being soo far away from terminal and nothing around it.)

No!! We remember how good of a job Holland was Before YRCW took over but boy we sure are glad we still have a job! Jackass!

Sorry but I have seen different side of this I also have seen what PIGS the drivers at Holland are (most not all ) you couldnt get in there trucks without a garbage can to fill from the crap so I could only imajin what they do to there rooms so say what you want but been there and seen that already sir !

Well JESSIE I worked 17yrs at yellow before going to holland (13 yrs in the garage 4yrs city)and the yellow drivers were the pigs compared to the holland men. Yellow drivers would cut holes in brand new trucks headliners to have a place for their smokes or destroy a cab (would take a tire thumper to the dash to flatten for a radio) if the truck had low power to be able to turn it down next time. Holland drivers having assigned trucks take a LOT better care of their units as a whole. There are always exceptions to every company.I have seen un assigned city units at holland that were trashed and filthy but thats what happens to a lot of unassigned units at any company.As far as hotel , I would never give a deposit to a hotel for any reason. If a company or corporate lodging wants to thats their business but by contract we can not be forced to . If it is proved a driver destroys hotel property or leaves charges , he may be held responsible and or disciplined.

Jessie - you should know me by now. I have always called em as I see em. Hope retirement is treating you OK.I'm leaving the 1st of Aug. I still think YRC will make a 25% payment the first of June. If I'm wrong I'll buy dinner at your choice of resturant and if your wrong then you will have to have your picture taken on a HONDA. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but I have seen different side of this I also have seen what PIGS the drivers at Holland are (most not all ) you couldnt get in there trucks without a garbage can to fill from the crap so I could only imajin what they do to there rooms so say what you want but been there and seen that already sir !

As an open board and city driver, i dont know where your drawing your conclusions, but i see just the opposite. A few are ruining it for the drivers who actually have a little class and respect. We have plenty of self-appointed moral barometers on here. What a DA......

Well JESSIE I worked 17yrs at yellow before going to holland (13 yrs in the garage 4yrs city)and the yellow drivers were the pigs compared to the holland men. Yellow drivers would cut holes in brand new trucks headliners to have a place for their smokes or destroy a cab (would take a tire thumper to the dash to flatten for a radio) if the truck had low power to be able to turn it down next time. Holland drivers having assigned trucks take a LOT better care of their units as a whole. There are always exceptions to every company.I have seen un assigned city units at holland that were trashed and filthy but thats what happens to a lot of unassigned units at any company.As far as hotel , I would never give a deposit to a hotel for any reason. If a company or corporate lodging wants to thats their business but by contract we can not be forced to . If it is proved a driver destroys hotel property or leaves charges , he may be held responsible and or disciplined.

Jessie - you should know me by now. I have always called em as I see em. Hope retirement is treating you OK.I'm leaving the 1st of Aug. I still think YRC will make a 25% payment the first of June. If I'm wrong I'll buy dinner at your choice of resturant and if your wrong then you will have to have your picture taken on a HONDA. LOL.

Sorry but I used all of the road trks over the years in McCook & wheeling and maybe 1 out of 10 was half way clean but then again you could eat off the floor of my assigned trk once I had 1 it only took 8 years to the day for me to get one and I only know of one person who was cleaner in the 2 terminals and that was Skippy and he was fired for stealing time? maybe cleaning his trk too long as far as I am concerned I respected all trks I would not have a fellow driver get in a trk and say I got grease on me or dirt from Jessie that is out of the ? for me if a man doesn't respect himself how can he respect others but I no that as far as I have seen most (not all ) didn't give a crap and I would ***** and tell them so ! On the few occasions I was in a clean trk I would always leave a note and tell road disp to tell driver THANK YOU but unfortunately that was rare I am sorry to say maybe what you call clean and what I do are different but thats about all I will say about that Thank you for letting me give my opinion ! JT

Hey Ziggy, I will pass on your brotherly message... unfortunately rodney has been told this many times before, but he's glad that people still notice.

I would be happy to let them keep my credit card on file to stay at a nice clean place like this. You do know you can dispute unauthorized charges? Perhaps you guys prefer to stay in the Bedbug Motor Lodge like Chattanooga, Cincinnatti, Rockford, etc. I'm sure somebody will go over there and screw this up and we"ll get thrown out soon enough.

I would be happy to let them keep my credit card on file to stay at a nice clean place like this. You do know you can dispute unauthorized charges?

Yes it is a nice clean hotel. But way across town in Chicago traffic to get there. If you just miss the van it is going to be over an hour wait or more. But I am not using my credit card at one of these COMPANY hotels to leave on file. There is to much identity fraud going on in todays world. Do you remember what happened at another hotel in Joilet (the one we say at) about 3-4 yrs ago with credit card fraud. Also by contract the company has to furnish us a place to stay. If the hotel has a problem with things stolen from the room or movies rented and not payed for then they should contact Holland about it and what driver was in the room.

If everybody sticks together and makes the motel inspect the room BEFORE you take the room and stay on the clock until they do by informing central and terminal dispatch, it will end. DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO. OR ANY PERSONAL INFO. These motels make WAY too much money off these trucking companies to worry about towels. Do the math. They sell these rooms around 2 to 3 times every day. But there could be some truth in the part about yrc not paying the bill. YRC has a bad reputation with EVERYBODY, even with the sleazy chicago flophouses we stay in. You know it's bad when the neighborhood PIMP has a better credit reputation than the company you work for.