CHP nabs trucker for going 94 m.p.h. on I-5

A

Ashley

Screen-Shot-2023-04-27-at-1.39.04-PM-592x600.png

The California Highway Patrol (CHP) ticketed a truck driver for violating the truck speed limit by almost 40 m.p.h.

CHP – Yreka Division took to social media on April 26 to call out the truck driver for the speed violation.

343124524_232730669434623_7500796663685659263_n.jpeg

Troopers wrote:

That’s a bit fast! Yesterday Officer Brann stopped a big rig traveling at 94 mph on I-5 while loaded with 44,000 pounds of merchandise. The maximum speed limit for commercial vehicles and those towing trailers is 55 mph. We appreciate all that commercial drivers do, but please do it safely.

In March 2023, troopers in Wyoming caught a semi truck driver driving 99 m.p.h. in a 75 m.p.h. zone. That driver was issued a $475 citation.

Also in March 2023, the Nebraska State Patrol clocked a Peterbilt driver at 101 m.p.h.

Continue reading...

I've kicked them out of gear off a hill and got to 80, I got to thinking where would I wind up if I blew a front tire.😲
A good friend of mine (from high school) started driving before me. He kicked it out of gear going down a big hill in his new (company) truck....he didn't realize the new truck had a fancy computer that would tell his high speed....his Boss called him in the office...and his Boss says "What's this sh*t, 96 mph at 600 rpm?" My friend replies "That's impossible, my truck isn't geared that high." True story....

A good friend of mine (from high school) started driving before me. He kicked it out of gear going down a big hill in his new (company) truck....he didn't realize the new truck had a fancy computer that would tell his high speed....his Boss called him in the office...and his Boss says "What's this sh*t, 96 mph at 600 rpm?" My friend replies "That's impossible, my truck isn't geared that high." True story....
aka Hillbilly Overdrive