Central Transport | Chris/vitran Pay

roaddriver21

TB Lurker
Credits
has anyone heard if the chris drivers line haul drivers are going to start getting vitran pay?when are they going to merge the compaines?was told we would be getting vitran pay starting 01/08.that never happened!now i hear we would be getting vitran pay starting in march.we the chris drivers are getting screwed big time by vitran on the pay!!!!:chairshot:chris drivers who run the same miles as the vitran drivers do are making two to three hundred less a week than what the vitran drivers do.this is not right!vitran gets delay pay chris nothing vitran gets breakdown pay chris gets nothing! when is this going to change?:smilie_132:

Delay?

What are you calling delay pay? If we go to a hub we have to work the dock to get paid. If we have a kick n pick we have to work to get paid. If we have a meet we give up an hour for lunch before we get paid.

What are you calling delay pay? If we go to a hub we have to work the dock to get paid. If we have a kick n pick we have to work to get paid. If we have a meet we give up an hour for lunch before we get paid.

if we chris drivers get delayed at a meet no matter long we do it for free sit for 3 hours at your meet point you get nothing!,if we are not loaded by our cut time we stand around for hours for free.we breakdown we we wait for free! chris is getting screwed by vitran big time!! no to metion the junk trailers vitran has us hauling.

delay pay-ok if a chris driver waits 2 or 3 hours for his vitran meet driver he get paid nothing! if the vitran driver has to wait he gets paid.if the chris driver is not loaded by his cut time and has to wait 2 or 3 hours to get loaded he gets paid nothing! if the vitran driver waits he gets paid.if a chris driver has a breakdown and waits 2 or 3 or 4 hours he gets nothing!the vitran drivers do! that is what i am taliking about doing the same work and getting paid less! no to metion the junk trailers they have us hauling for them.

I've seen first hand how anxious Chris drivers are about hooking and getting out of the yard at night. You get paid what you are worth !

delay pay-ok if a chris driver waits 2 or 3 hours for his vitran meet driver he get paid nothing! if the vitran driver has to wait he gets paid.if the chris driver is not loaded by his cut time and has to wait 2 or 3 hours to get loaded he gets paid nothing! if the vitran driver waits he gets paid.if a chris driver has a breakdown and waits 2 or 3 or 4 hours he gets nothing!the vitran drivers do! that is what i am taliking about doing the same work and getting paid less! no to metion the junk trailers they have us hauling for them.

I agree on the trailers, but we don't get paid for waiting if our loads aren't ready unless we work the dock. Have you said something to your TM, or HR .

Herrs the deal. Chris truck line drivers if your junk isn't ready clock in and work!!!It's that simple!!! If your not happy about your pay and there is work to be done but, YOU don't want to do it then who's fault is it? I did it. I ran myself out of hours doing it to and I made the the money. Pick up a broom,jump on a lift or check off a manifest it all pays the same. Nobody can stop you (please cue the Eye of the Tiger music). If our glorious leader in Wichita asks you why tell him the truth. My junk wasn't ready, I worked the dock until it was. He will either make sure your stuff is ready to avoid you clocking in or he won't care.