New Penn | Cinnaminson giveback meeting

Irishman107

TB Lurker
Credits
After tellling the TM on Friday that theres no way we will approve this joke of a give back. Its seems that we will now be graced with the presents of our President Steve G., a couple V.P.'s, and the district manager on Monday the8th. Funny when they have crap to sell they all come for a visit. Us teamsters have not been this popular since the push to approve the contract. God its great to watch them sweat bullets. They can stick these givebacks where the sun dont shine. VOTE NO!!!! Maybe Yellow will get mad and sell us....we can only hope

you know what, it's not about us ,npme. if the banks that hold the colateral don't get the 4-5 yrs garentutee and i can't spell now, about the wage cut thing, they can and are telling yrcw, they will pull the rug out from under them and shut it all down and sell what crap they can. there is no one that would like to see there sh$t manegment go down more than me for what they have shoved upon npme,but , this economey is fu%ked like never any of us has seen before. pull your heads out of your ***'s and wake up. there are no legal jobs that pay what we get to go to, and get the hole deal we get. i.m not trying to tell ya how to vote, but i'm saying do think the whole deal over before you vote with your balls and note your brain.

NewPenn is the perfect slice of the pie for "YRC" to dump in order to use the cash to save Yellow and roadway. If we approve the cut they will sell us. If we don't they will desolve us.

NewPenn is the perfect slice of the pie for "YRC" to dump in order to use the cash to save Yellow and roadway. If we approve the cut they will sell us. If we don't they will desolve us.

Do you really think that NPME would sell for enough to make a substantial difference to YRC? Also, who would buy them??

I dont think yellow can sell us because they put our properties up as collateral for loans.Once again 10 percent of our wages will not save anyone from the incompetent management and obsolete buisiness model used by yrc in its daily operations.They will still go ,only taking more of our money with them.Its seems odd to me only a few months ago they had enough cash on hand to buy that co. in china.Been there done it-it doesnt work!

no chance in 16

I don't think it has a chance here at 16 either. Just from the guys I talk to. The union told me we have to do this. The guys just aren't going for it. We have a meeting sunday morning, we will see after that.

d.j.

After tellling the TM on Friday that theres no way we will approve this joke of a give back. Its seems that we will now be graced with the presents of our President Steve G., a couple V.P.'s, and the district manager on Monday the8th. Funny when they have crap to sell they all come for a visit. Us teamsters have not been this popular since the push to approve the contract. God its great to watch them sweat bullets. They can stick these givebacks where the sun dont shine. VOTE NO!!!! Maybe Yellow will get mad and sell us....we can only hope

I agree. Vote NO.

First of all, look at Preston. When Yellow got done with them, what happened? They couldn't surive.
I don't know how things are on the East Coast, but here in the midwest jobs are hard to find. I should make myself clear,Good Paying Union jobs are hard to find.
Being sold off isn't the answer. Might be sold to someone worse than YRC.

Second, if YRC closes, what do you think is going to happen to the pension fund? The Union can't take a another big hit and surive.
And it's not just you. It will affect every retired freight teamster.

We will still make a decent buck. And with benefits. Vacation time too.

I've been layed off since June'08. Most jobs are paying (if you can find one) .30-.40cpm. $10-15 an hour. No benefits for 90 days and then you have to pay for it weekly.

Vote what is best for you and your family.

I agree. Vote NO.

First of all, look at Preston. When Yellow got done with them, what happened? They couldn't surive.
I don't know how things are on the East Coast, but here in the midwest jobs are hard to find. I should make myself clear,Good Paying Union jobs are hard to find.
Being sold off isn't the answer. Might be sold to someone worse than YRC.

Second, if YRC closes, what do you think is going to happen to the pension fund? The Union can't take a another big hit and surive.
And it's not just you. It will affect every retired freight teamster.

We will still make a decent buck. And with benefits. Vacation time too.

I've been layed off since June'08. Most jobs are paying (if you can find one) .30-.40cpm. $10-15 an hour. No benefits for 90 days and then you have to pay for it weekly.

Vote what is best for you and your family.

I'm confused ! First you state "Vote No !", then go on to say there are no decent jobs ( you have been unemployed for 6 months ) plus you also say how it will affect the pension funds along with the retirees if YRC fails.
In these uncertain economic times, high unemployment rates and living costs that never seem to go down, can anyone afford NOT to take the chance that this paycut won't help YRC to survive ?
Look at it this way, some people buy lottery tickets on a daily basis hoping to hit it big .... well this is no different, your taking a gamble that this paycut will result in a stonger, viable YRC which could provide decent jobs for many years along with good pensions and health care too.
I agree that we all must decide on our own, so don't forget that most of us must decide what is best for our family first. Mortgages, car payments, family all factor into those decisions, so take some time to think this out before you make perhaps one of the biggest choices in your future.
Best of luck to all of us .... and many of us have been though this before, but I hope this time it's different.

New Penn should vote no. Why would'nt you. N.P. gave Y.R.C. 30 mil. last year at zero cost to yrc. Today at our union meeting the pres of the local said they would not shut down!! Sell us I wish the would at least we would have a fighting chance. Think about this... YRC recieved 30 million from N.P. at no cost to them, they are not selling us if we vote no
just for the recordif N.P. votes it in it will only 15 mil of the 250 they are looking for.That nothing looking at the big picture.

Flstc2000 You state there are no jobs, If YRC were to shutdown there will be plenty of jobs available. Most will be NON UNION but they will PAY BETTER than what we make if we take a paycut. Sure a few bucks a week for health care but I will still make more. To think that we will be one of the LOWEST paid truck drivers on the street if this is approved!!! Old man HOFFA is rolling over in his grave.
I personally refuse to bail out YRC so they can stay in business to steal our freight and slowly suck the life out of New Penn. VOTE NO!!!!!

Flstc2000 You state there are no jobs, If YRC were to shutdown there will be plenty of jobs available. Most will be NON UNION but they will PAY BETTER than what we make if we take a paycut. Sure a few bucks a week for health care but I will still make more. To think that we will be one of the LOWEST paid truck drivers on the street if this is approved!!! Old man HOFFA is rolling over in his grave.
I personally refuse to bail out YRC so they can stay in business to steal our freight and slowly suck the life out of New Penn. VOTE NO!!!!!

Have you ever looked at the progression you would have at a non-union job:chairshot:The only NMFA job would be ABF,and you would be still at 90% ..Believe me,my first thoughts were the same as you screw them, shut them down.Well, I am not so sure anymore I have been through it before,do not want to do it again..I will wait for our term meeting next monday to make up my mind In the meantime I am getting ready for a long cold winter hopefully still working at NewPenn :popcorn:

NEWPENN !!! open your eyes!!! VOTE NO!!! Newpenn makes up less than 3% of all the Teamsters under the YRC umbrella!! YRC has already started to kill our company. Why take any cuts while they finish the job!! NewPenn has never made a profit by being rate competative. We have always made money and customers because of our service! Vote no!! but work smart! keep this company proud as its always been!! no matter how the vote goes (and I am voting NO) YRC will do with Newpenn what they already have planned. So if newpenn gets sold or closes I am going out head high...not robbed first

stranger things have happened before. i just don't know they would be integrated into their system or left to operate alone. the mortgaged property could be a hindrance to any deal.

who knows.....maybe ABF might want new penn

this thought has been tossed around loosely in several conversations. ABF could cough up enough $$$ to satisfy YRC now - remember, it's a buyer's market so Dollar Bill will just have to settle. They can aquire NPME at a bargain price. ABF's utility operation is ran pretty damn good and would probably be intertwined with our overnight operation. as far as dovetailing, i'm not so sure about that. they may just take a page out of Yellow's book and let us operate the way we know how- INDEPENDENTLY. so, who really knows, as long as the gates are still open, i'm confidant we at NPME can overcome all this doom and gloom.

Don't have to be a brain surgeon here folks, If you vote NO, New Penn will be put out of business. Believe me, NPME is the size of a pimple on YRCW's ***, and would not be missed. If you vote YES, then we all will take a cut, but at least you will still have a job with health benefits to support yourself and your family. So just relax your teamster muscles for a minute and put your thinking caps on. Your family and children are at the mercy of your vote and depending on you to make the right call for them. The Teamster leadership is supporting the givebacks, as they know there is no opportunity for an ex-teamster driver out there. Dont be dollar wise and penny foolish, and be careful for what you wish for, as you just may get it, an unemployment check!.....VOTE YES TO NPME, AS WE WILL BE A STRONGER COMPANY ALL AROUND IN 2009 AND BEYOND!

newpennsales??? what's going to make us stronger??? We turn a good profit now, are you and the rest of the sales force getting new accounts? Or is it going to be bigger discounts because we take a paycut.. We are only as strong as YRC wants us to be..IF THEY LEFT US THE HELL ALONE LIKE ROADWAY DID AND LET NEWPENN MAKE MONEY LIKE THEY KNOW HOW TO DO