New Penn | Cinnaminson giveback meeting

...And what about your pension 107 ? I know in Jersey it would destroy 641 560 and probably 701's generous contributions. Then again maybe you plan on selling pretzels on the corner in Philly. I don't like anything about the giveback but what real options do we have? I hope for your sake Local 107 is overflowing with surplus monies.

lets get some things straight as far as my thoughts.
1. I believe the YRC guys should vote yes because YRC will fold if they don't
2. I voted no and feel the newpenn vote should be no
3. Tell me if the yrc vote is yes and the newpenn vote is no that they can just close new penn. How does YRC or the IBT explain to the yrc guys who get a pay cut that YRC is gonna close the most profitable Unit (NewPenn)they have???

I've been at NewPenn for almost 21 years and I am tired of the ones who say The IBT does not stand up for us or get us good contracts(which I agree they dont) but they are the same people who won't stand up for themselves and what is right!?
The 2003 contract we voted to strike over health benefits. The IBT announces the best health package we ever got. Then every year of that contract our benefits were reduced and copays increased! The 2008 contract was the best(again according to the IBT. Whats the best? pay raises that dont even equal inflation.!!
And not once on these post have I told anyone they are wrong for voting yes. I have only told what i know, see or feel.
And actually I have been telling my co workers I will let them know what corner my hotdog cart will be on..not pretzels.

A vote no means that YRC will close New Penn.

A vote yes means NPME becomes more competitive because they will have the financial flexibility to out last NEMF and they are struggling badly.

Still waiting for someone to explain how they close newpenn other than the same repeat that management threatened...which was illegal and stopped

A vote no means that YRC will close New Penn.

A vote yes means NPME becomes more competitive because they will have the financial flexibility to out last NEMF and they are struggling badly.

I think your vision is clouded if you think NEMF is struggling badly!!!........and severely blinded if you do not think the YRC issues are having a major effect on the YRC companies. Major contributing employees are jumping off the YRC ship.......why do you think that is?.........poor credit rating, major debt and stock not worth anything. My belief is the only thing that will save the YRC ship from sinking is a major restructuring and reduction in size of the company. I will agree that New Penn makes money, but not enough to make a major impact to YRC......and also, who is going to buy them (maybe UPS or ABF), but in a nutshell, the picture of New Penn is changing. Also, not sure if YRC can sell NPME for enough since they have the assets up as collateral.

If NEMF is struggling (It is merely due to the economy like everyone else) much less than most other carries. Remember, there were over 2600 trucking company failures (through 3Q 2008) and over 100,000 trucks were taken off the road.

I absolutely believe that YRCW's issues are having an impact on NPME. I never said they were not.

I only posted two sentences.

And yes, I believe that NEMF is losing money. New Penn is not.

The "how" part is easy. They can close the company with a press release. I suspect that if they did so they would take all the regionals out as well since the entire group is losing money they are a financial burden to YRCW.

YRCW firmly believes they have a plan to fix YELL/ROAD through integration.

They have no such plan to fix the regional group and the regional group is very unprofitable.

I think your vision is clouded if you think NEMF is struggling badly!!!........and severely blinded if you do not think the YRC issues are having a major effect on the YRC companies. Major contributing employees are jumping off the YRC ship.......why do you think that is?.........poor credit rating, major debt and stock not worth anything. My belief is the only thing that will save the YRC ship from sinking is a major restructuring and reduction in size of the company. I will agree that New Penn makes money, but not enough to make a major impact to YRC......and also, who is going to buy them (maybe UPS or ABF), but in a nutshell, the picture of New Penn is changing. Also, not sure if YRC can sell NPME for enough since they have the assets up as collateral.

If NEMF is struggling (It is merely due to the economy like everyone else) much less than most other carries. Remember, there were over 2600 trucking company failures (through 3Q 2008) and over 100,000 trucks were taken off the road.

NEMF has lost money every single month this year except for September. You can blame it on the economy or whatever you want, but the fact remains that they have not had a good year at all.

That makes two years in a row with no growth whatsoever and one year of losses.

Myron's bank account is fine and I will even gather that it has grown in 2008.

Flstc2000 You state there are no jobs, If YRC were to shutdown there will be plenty of jobs available. Most will be NON UNION but they will PAY BETTER than what we make if we take a paycut. Sure a few bucks a week for health care but I will still make more. To think that we will be one of the LOWEST paid truck drivers on the street if this is approved!!! Old man HOFFA is rolling over in his grave.
I personally refuse to bail out YRC so they can stay in business to steal our freight and slowly suck the life out of New Penn. VOTE NO!!!!!

Are you for real? Do you want to tell me where I can get health care for "a few bucks a week" as you say?? You obviously have no clue about what health insurance costs these days. Maybe if you did a little checking around and found out you wouldn't be so sure about voting no.

no just part of the regional group is unprofitable.just like they say yellow/roadway has an o.r. of 90 something. yellow is probably over a 100 and roadway below to make it look good. npme high 80 or low 90 holland and reddaway close to 100 or above lump them together and it looks bad. hopefully they will do something with us. but not disolve us.

go work for a non union and compare checks at the end of the week. minus health ins. pay towards your own retirement(401 k are in the shi#**%^) loose your 4 weeks vacation if you been here that long. and have no representation if you f-up.

Are you for real? Do you want to tell me where I can get health care for "a few bucks a week" as you say?? You obviously have no clue about what health insurance costs these days. Maybe if you did a little checking around and found out you wouldn't be so sure about voting no.

Maybe if you checked before you spoke you wouldn't look like a ***. Try Pitt Ohio top rate 22.00 a hour and full health benefits( company paid) Thats BC/BS with prescription. So before taxes for 40 hours Pitt makes $880.00 minus zero. Also they get O/T

How about Ward 23.86 a hour (no O/t pay) but more than half are terminal doesnt get any O/T. Insurance costs are 45 dollars a week for family. So for 40 hours ward makes $954.40 minus 45 for health care comes to $909.40 a week before taxes.

Now if we take paycut we will make819.60 for 40 hours minus 15 for union dues so before taxes we will make $804.60 before taxes

Fed ex freight $22.94 a hourwhich equals 917.60 minus 50 for medical equals 867.60 for 40 hours. also they get O/T

Fed Ex-$867.60 a week
Pitt Ohio-880.00 a week
Ward- 909.40 a week
New Penn- 804.60 a week
all after medical and union dues.

Did I check enough Triplex. You can name a carrier if you want rate of pay. Or do you want to get into who has a pension. So I did plenty of checking did you check??? or did you just check yes because New Penn told you to. Baa-baa

YRC made the statement ( ALL YRC companies must approve the pay cut or they will close the Whole Company ) to bad the top people at YRC don't understand Short Haul from Long Haul

so npmemanager, how did we have o/r of 89 for 3rd quarter, and now these really bad numbers for nov. and dec.? has yrc started chargeing us rent on our own terminals? how many other charges are we being hit with from yrc, that has eaten into our profit margin?

Irishman 107 please tell me what the nonunions will be making after we are forced to take this pay cut because then the shoe will be on the other foot their management will be crying they cant compete then they will be cut by at least 10% still wanna work there?????????

Irishman 107 please tell me what the nonunions will be making after we are forced to take this pay cut because then the shoe will be on the other foot their management will be crying they cant compete then they will be cut by at least 10% still wanna work there?????????

Fed ex will be making 21.79 after the 5% pay cut. Now go sit back and rest