ABF | City/Dock worth it?

Reading Von's post #7 reminds me, I started with Ryder in 55, we joined the Teamsters in 57.
They closed the doors in 90, 33 yrs as a Teamster, I retired in 90 if I make it 17 more days I will have been drawing that rocking chair check from C S for 33 yrs.
I don't know where Von gets dock work is hard as a line driver's job.
I sat on the air seat for 7.5 hrs, riding in A C comfort, eating donuts, drinking Pepsi, flirting with women, talking on the CB, and entertaining folks with my harmonica, it's a hard job being an ole Teamster, but someone has to do it.
1955? Just how old are you Mr Seabreeze. von.
Thanks Von!
Sorry about your neck and lumbar.
Thanks.

If you recall Bubba Gump claimed to be 37 yrs old and retired at UPS with 30 yrs.
Would you believe I'm 42?
I just hit 86:1sm364jumpbed:
If you have any doubts, Jeff can verify my age.
I'm almost old as Tri!
I hope you two make it to 120....many times I have laughed my ass off with what you have said...I'm going to talk to Jeff about throwing you a party at TB Corporate headquarters....

If you recall Bubba Gump claimed to be 37 yrs old and retired at UPS with 30 yrs.
I'm almost old as Tri!

I have a hard time recalling anything. My memory is a lot like my tallywacker. Short most of the time occasionally long. von.

Received a conditional offer for a full-time city/dock worker in Indy. What's the schedule going to be like? I like my set start time and M-F,.weekends off schedule I have right now.

Currently make about the same hourly rate at my current job, but the health insurance sucks. They're willing to increase my pay to help offset that. Just trying to see if the grass is greener
If your current employer does not have a pension to offer, go to ABF. I retired at 58 years old, thanks to a teamster pension. Any crap you put up with until you get some seniority will be worth it , when you can collect the pension one day. That's the whole reason I went to a union job, very thankful I made that choice.

I'm almost old as Tri!
Does the body hurt more at 86 than it did at 70 ?
Asking for a friend ..